The Future of Adventures in Odyssey

Some clarification...

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

The Future of Adventures in Odyssey

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

All,

Apparently there is some confusion about the future of Adventures in Odyssey. We were hoping to clear that up with our latest Podcast, but apparently we didn’t succeed. I apologize for the misunderstanding. Here’s the scoop.

The Road Ahead...

May 17 – We’ll be airing the season finale -- “The Imagination Station, Revisited, Part 2.” This is also the last episode in album 50, which will be out this fall. (Album 50 includes some special bonuses, including a Walker Tribute photo album, another call-in during “The Triangled Web,” and awesome poster, and more.)

May 24, May 31, & June 7 – A special presentation called Kidsboro airs on the weekly broadcast. This is a three-part episode that introduces Kidsboro. You may recall an episode called Passages that introduced the Passages book series. This series will do the same thing for Kidsboro. You can hear the show on the weekly broadcast, or listen to the full episodes on the Podcast.

June 14-December 27 – Celebrating 20 Years! On the Odyssey weekly broadcast, we’ll be airing our favorite episodes of each year, starting with 1987. The broadcasts will also feature fan comments and a few celebrity call-ins.

Fall 2009 – New episodes of Adventures in Odyssey begin! Note that this will be Adventures in Odyssey and not a new program. It will be episode number 646 or somewhere around there, I believe. We’re taking this year to discuss the future of the show. When the show returns, there could be some changes and some new characters. But it will still be Adventures in Odyssey!

What will fill the Odyssey void in the meantime?

Of course, there’s the new Adventures in Odyssey: The Official Guide coming out this summer. 584 pages of AIO goodness. ;-)

The news Kidsboro book series. Two books are available now, and two more will be available this September. See the Official Kidsboro page. http://www.whitsend.org/kidsboro/

The live Adventures in Odyssey show in Colorado Springs, Colorado on August 16th... See the Official Info. http://focusonthefamily.edgeboss.net/do ... eevent.pdf

The Official Adventures in Odyssey Podcast will continue through the hiatus and we have some fun stuff ahead for the hiatus/break. If you subscribe to the podcast, you’ll be among the first to know any news as soon as we can release it.
http://www.whitsend.org/podcast/

Also, I'm assuming that The Unofficial Podcast will keep going, so check in with them, too!
http://aiofanpodcast.blogspot.com/

We've been working hard to get a totally-redesigned WhitsEnd.org up and running. Keep checking back.
http://www.whitsend.org/

And there will be a few little surprises. (“Try Nova Rising...”)

So, repeat after me. Adventures in Odyssey is NOT shutting down...Adventures in Odyssey is NOT shutting down...Adventures in Odyssey is NOT shutting down... :-)

Nathan

Edited on 5/21 to add a bit more info.
Last edited by Nathan Hoobler on Wed May 21, 2008 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Thank you, Nathan. It sounds so much more convincing coming from you! ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Yayyyy. I'm relieved. Now, it all makes sense. Thanks Nathan. Now, I can breathe a sigh of relief. I can't wait to read the Official AIO Guide. \:D/
I do what I do.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I agree with Trent- it does sound much more convincing coming from you! Thanks for the clarifications!
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

thanks for clearing everything up. \:D/
Save Eugene in the character competition!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

We should all pitch in and give Nathon a whole whack of money to tell us some of the "little surprises"!
just a thought... :-k
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Thank you Nathan. I apologize if I contributed to any misunderstanding. I have had an absolutely horrible week and am very tired. I am also very glad that AIO is going to continue because I absolutely love it.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Nathan Hoobler wrote: And there will be a few little surprises. (“Try Nova Rising...”)

Nathan
Could these surprises be related to the messages that "The Whisper" posted last month?
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

We should all pitch in and give Nathon a whole whack of money to tell us some of the "little surprises"!
just a thought...

That is quite an idea! I gave him money a while back in hopes that maybe he would come back to the too more often. Oh and last time I checked it’s spelled Nathan, not Nathon. I’m looking forward to so many things but not this huge gap of Summer 2008 to Autumn 2009 with no new episodes. Maybe they will play episodes that one doesn’t hear very often.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

oops, sorry Nath :-# an.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Reddo wrote:
Nathan Hoobler wrote: And there will be a few little surprises. (“Try Nova Rising...”)

Nathan
Could these surprises be related to the messages that "The Whisper" posted last month?
I can guarantee you that it is not related to posts by The Whisper. That was a member's attempt to have some fun, and while it was great while it lasted, it will not be continuing and is not related whatsoever to any official AIO or ToO stuff. :)

Thanks for the timeline, Nathan! As usual, you've helped us in more ways than we deserve. :D
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

amyinodyssey wrote:
just a thought...

That is quite an idea! I gave him money a while back in hopes that maybe he would come back to the too more often. Oh and last time I checked it’s spelled Nathan, not Nathon. I’m looking forward to so many things but not this huge gap of Summer 2008 to Autumn 2009 with no new episodes. Maybe they will play episodes that one doesn’t hear very often.
Yeah, like "Lights Out at Whit's End"! \:D/
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Wow, I heard that section of "Lights out at Whits End" on the podcast. That was pretty weird but hilarious. haha. I was imagining what direction they were trying to move the show. Good thing, that idea got shifted behind the curtains, under the bed, in the deepest corner of AIO headquarters. It would be very enjoyable to hear though....
I do what I do.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

What's Nova Rising supposed to mean? Should we listen to that episode to find out some clues on what you mean by "more surprises?"
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

King Butter Turtle wrote:What's Nova Rising supposed to mean? Should we listen to that episode to find out some clues on what you mean by "more surprises?"
My question exactly.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

but but but....no new aio until fall2009?i'll die before i can hear it :sick: .how dare they !!! by the time it comes back i will be in my senior year!!!!!wahhhh!!!!well i believe i feel better now. :D .anyway i think nathan hoobler should go in if they decide for new ownership of whitsend.as himself that would be awsome.pm me if you think so....maybe not ownership, maybe as a voice.he has a radio voice don't ya think?
Jennie
insert dash here

Post by Jennie »

Don't listen to myaio. she doesn't get out much
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Jennie wrote:Don't listen to myaio. she doesn't get out much
Hear, hear
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Fall 2009? The wait will be nothing but pure agony!
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

xoxPinkRainxox13 wrote:Fall 2009? The wait will be nothing but pure agony!
I know, my life will come to a end and their will be no reason to live until Sep 2009 :sniff: *BOO WHO BOO WHO snob* :sniff:
Save Eugene in the character competition!