Great Expections

Charles Dickens

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")

Did you like the book/play?

Yeah, It was great
17%
It was ok, I've read better
33%
I didn't really like it
17%
I was good but I just didn't like the ending
No votes
I've never seen/read it
33%
I've never heard of it
No votes
The option for the persons who don't know what's going on
No votes

Total votes: 6

Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Great Expections

Post by Epic »

Did you like this book?

My class had to read it for school but we read the really abridged play verison that left out a lot. But I didn't like the ending!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I had to read it for two different classes and I enjoyed it very much! :D I was surprised how much I liked it. You might want to spend some time to read the full book! Dickens actually wrote two endings because people didn't like the sadness of the first one, so maybe the play version used the original ending. :-k Or maybe even the revised one isn't what you had hoped for - I don't know!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I had to read it for Literary London (a January-term trip my school does), and I liked it. I'd always been curious about it, actually, since I transferred in to high school after my class had already read it...and now I have! I did like it; however, perhaps because I procrastinated and had to read half the book in a day, Dickens' wordiness started getting to me. As far as Dickens' books go, though, I loved A Tale of Two Cities and really liked this one.
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Catspaw wrote:I had to read it for two different classes and I enjoyed it very much! :D I was surprised how much I liked it. You might want to spend some time to read the full book! Dickens actually wrote two endings because people didn't like the sadness of the first one, so maybe the play version used the original ending. :-k Or maybe even the revised one isn't what you had hoped for - I don't know!
Yeah our teacher told us about that but we got the second ending without little Pip!