A Place To Ponder AIO

For those who just need to shout out their brain's AIO content.

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Is this page any good at all?

Yes, I need to shout my opinions somewhere!
67%
No, OdysseyCouples95 has too much time on her hands and needs to find a new hobby that involves never logging onto the ToO ever again!
33%

Total votes: 12

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

A Place To Ponder AIO

Post by Amethystic »

Do you have something about Odyssey that you just have to ask and discuss? I do. We can talk about that kind of stuff here, and I'll start:

Was 'The Present Long Ago' inspired by the part of 'The Coolest Dog' where Trent rants about his children, his children's children, and his children's children's pets? (Just to jog your memory, 'The Coolest Dog' came right before 'The Present Long Ago')
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

I never thought about that.
Save Eugene in the character competition!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

In a word no, in two words no no.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Why isn't it?
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

is it just me or does "Best Face Forward" is a lot like Suspicious Finds? :-k
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jared deWhite wrote:is it just me or does "Best Face Forward" is a lot like Suspicious Finds? :-k
IMHO, no.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules

Post by JD »

Laurie wrote:
Jared deWhite wrote:is it just me or does "Best Face Forward" is a lot like Suspicious Finds? :-k
IMHO, no.
Well Connie has a list of things to do for someone. and has the same moral.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

My mistake. I misread the episode title.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

It does, doesn't it? And Broken Window is just like Scales of Justice. And The Imagination Station, Revisited, Parts I and II sounds just like The Imagination Station, Parts I and II to me. Are they running out of ideas?
:-k
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules

Post by JD »

xoxPinkRainxox13 wrote:
It does, doesn't it? And Broken Window is just like Scales of Justice. And The Imagination Station, Revisited, Parts I and II sounds just like The Imagination Station, Parts I and II to me. Are they running out of ideas?
:-k
they r
Storm
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Storm »

It was my opinion that in trying to be inventive with this last season before the break the writers took previous episode titles and stories and did the same thing with a slight twist, since it was the fiftieth album, and twentieth year, it is somewhat fitting, however I think this album it definately not of AiO's finest quality.

1 Timothy 4:12
Do Hard Things
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

If that's the ep where that writer guy comes to town on a bike and Cody's dog chews up Mr. Walton's tree, then yes, Connie was doing her 'make Whit's End perfect' routine again.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules

Post by JD »

OdysseyCouples95 wrote:
If that's the ep where that writer guy comes to town on a bike and Cody's dog chews up Mr. Walton's tree, then yes, Connie was doing her 'make Whit's End perfect' routine again.
yea thats the episode i like that one a lot :D
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

OdysseyCouples95 wrote:Do you have something about Odyssey that you just have to ask and discuss? I do. We can talk about that kind of stuff here, and I'll start:

Was 'The Present Long Ago' inspired by the part of 'The Coolest Dog' where Trent rants about his children, his children's children, and his children's children's pets? (Just to jog your memory, 'The Coolest Dog' came right before 'The Present Long Ago')
Probably not... but that's a cool point all the same. It's possible that they put that line in 'The Coolest Dog' because of 'The Present Long Ago'.

Btw, I love that episode. :D

And I also love 'Best Face Forward'.[/quote]
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

I kinda liked it because we had seen Connie do it before, and it's a funny trait....I'm not making any sense, am I?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

thelordismyshepherd wrote:
I kinda liked it because we had seen Connie do it before, and it's a funny trait....I'm not making any sense, am I?
I think that you're making sense! :D Connie did something similar to what she did in an episode years ago. Connie is still Connie, even if she's getting older and wiser over the years.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

thelordismyshepherd wrote:
You're good--you make sense.

However, I don't like it. I find it frustrating that they constatly portray Connie as immature, even after all these years of learning and growing. In another thread, several people mentioned that Connie needs to stay single because she was immature when dating. Yeah, I agree that she was, but I don't think she should be. I think the writers could show us some improvement in her maturity
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I have to disagree, to some extent, that the writers have "constantly" portrayed Connie as immature. Yes, she may certainly come across that way in some of the newer episodes (Suspicious Finds), but she has also demonstrated a more mature side to her character. Shows like Life in the Third Person and A Class Reenactment where she played a mentoring role for Mandy really added an important dimension to Connie's character.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Should Connie go to collage? Did Aubrey go to collage early because she was home schooled? When will Nic go to collage?
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

OdysseyCouples95 wrote:Should Connie go to collage? Did Aubrey go to collage early because she was home schooled? When will Nic go to collage?
Connie decided that she would not go to college yet, but instead work at Whit's End and the Timothy Center.
YAY HOMESCHOOLERS!!! I actually think that they had to get rid of Aubrey, I mean she had gone beyond the point that they could do much with her...like the Barcleys...so they packed her off to college even though she was a little young.
Nick has kinda vanished....except when Connie screams that he's late! \:D/