discovery channel

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

which one could you stand 4 a whole day?

Poll ended at Sat May 03, 2008 9:44 pm

myth busters
25%
dirty jobs
13%
man vs wild
25%
other
38%

Total votes: 8

mike_rowe
I've been here a bit

discovery channel

Post by mike_rowe »

my favorite is myth busters! Grant ihmahara is my favorite guy!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Myth Busters is the only one I've ever seen of those, though I'm familiar with dirty jobs. It was interesting but it would sort of depend on what the topic was as to whether I'd want to watch it all day or not. Last time I watched they dispelled the myth that you can die from poisonous gasses from farts! \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Dirty Jobs followed by Deadliest Catch. I really can't get into the others.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

sakes, I dont know..... mythbusters is ok, Man vs Wild makes me whince and dirty jobs is gross and funny at te same time.... dirty jobs? then man vs wild and then mythbusters or mythbusters, dirty jobs and then man vs wild.

I dunno! or kabupu would say, deenuff.

ok that was wierd.
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I'll watch Mythbusters sometimes. Eli loves Dirty Jobs, so we watch that one the most.

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I like Dirty Jobs, but MYTHBUSTERS IS ABSOLUTELY, COMPLETELY, TOTALLY, MOST DEFINITELY, WOTHOUT A DOUBT, THE MOST AWESOME SHOW ON DISCOVERY CHANNEL! I mean, who wouldn't like a show here they blow stuff up and make you laugh at the same time!!!
:flower: :!!!: :bouncy: :splendid:

Excessive use of smilies is generally discouraged, 3-4 is generally ample. The rule on excessive smilies is stated as such,
1.4 - Excessive Emoticons
Too much of a good thing is usually a bad thing. The Town of Odyssey has a vast number of emoticons for users to place inside their posts, but please make sure you do not go overboard while using them. Three or four in a row should be the maximum used, though in the case of birthday wishes (or situations that are similar), more emoticons will be tolerated at the discretion of the Town of Odyssey Police Force.
I hope that helps, and if you have any other questions or comments feel free to pm me. :) ~ Danadelfos
Agent Robert Mitchell
Smile for the camera

Post by Agent Robert Mitchell »

Dirty Jobs is a lot of fun to watch... Although it does seem to get a bit repetitious after a while. Myth Busters and Man Vs. Wild are two excellent shows -- some of the best out there.
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
--C. S. Lewis

I have to, unfortunately. -_-
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

I like all of the options you've provided.

Mythbusters is my favorite though.

My favorite episode is where they make a paper crossbow. Made one myself, it's pretty tight. :p
Rodney Rathbone
Pilgrim

Post by Rodney Rathbone »

Discovery Channel is for dorks. :noway: Watch something educational like MTV once in a while!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Rodney Rathbone wrote:Discovery Channel is for dorks. :noway: Watch something educational like MTV once in a while!
I'm not so sure that's "educational", Rodney... I don't even watch MTV... you have a weird mind...

I can't watch discovery channel. I don't have cable, or dish, or anything like that.... sadly...
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Rodney Rathbone wrote:Discovery Channel is for dorks. :noway: Watch something educational like MTV once in a while!
Hey Rodney, look who's talking, you've been in middle school for TEN YEARS!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

The Odyssey Expert wrote:
Nice one....
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

Lol! :hilarious:

:offtopic2:

ok this is way off-topic, but who are you Rodney?

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Aslan wrote:
Lol! :hilarious:

:offtopic2:

ok this is way off-topic, but who are you Rodney?
Sorry, but I gotta answer this one. Rodney won't anyway. Connie kicked him out (or was it Whit's End?). Rodney is an NPC. Non-Playing Character. No one is controling him. He's is usual self, like on the show. Being stupid and making a mess of things. Insults, stuff like that. I don't like it, but I've been told I need to handle it, let it go. Last I heard, Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but WORDS HURT EVEN WORSE! Sorry, I love Mr. Griffin. No one is actually Rodney. Connie Kendall came in also... and if this was turning out to be a story-arc (I hope interesting, if one), then there may be more MPC's lurking in the corners, maybe being spotted. Rodney has been around a lot these days. Connie just entered, and I'm wondering if any more will come on.

So no one is controling Rodney. He's an NPC. He is one of the wild ones at that...
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Rodney's very irritating. It's really getting under my skin. >.<

Three awesome shows:

Survivorman
It Takes A Thief
Cash Cab
Love is stronger than death.