Rowling and "gay" Dumbuldore

I know this is old news, but I am going to add my voice to it

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Rowling and "gay" Dumbuldore

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Ok, so I just found out that Rowling announced that Dumbuldore is gay. First off, who really cares what Dumbuldore is really? Did Rowling have to say that Dumbuldore is gay? No. Did she have to talk about the wizard Dumbuldore was supposed to have defeated? No. So why did she? Well, I think it was to gain more support, and to sell more books. Mabye she was trying to win the support of the gay community. She obviously didn't say anything about it in her books. So, my thoughts on this? Well, Dumbuldore is obviously a very influential person in the wizarding world. Do you think that people would have cared if say Ronald Reagon was gay? Or perhaps George Washington? (Now I know that they were not gay, I'm just trying to make a point) If nobody would have cared with these people being gay, do you think anyone is going to care about Dumbuldore being gay? He is obviously well respected. Do you think that this is going to make him any less respected? I read that one little girl threw away all of her Harry Potter books after learning this. You make the call. I personnaly don't care as long as it dosen't mess up the last movies.

But the point is, Rowling has a battle on her hands already with people who are offended by the whole witchcraft thing. This is just going to give people one more thing to hate about Harry Potter.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I guess... assuming he doesn't do anything gay in the books (which I haven't read, but as has been said there is no indication in the books), I just don't see why anyone should care. :-k
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

The Top Crusader wrote:I guess... assuming he doesn't do anything gay in the books (which I haven't read, but as has been said there is no indication in the books), I just don't see why anyone should care. :-k
Which makes you wonder why Rowling pointed out he was gay in the first place... when it really doesn't add anything to the story. :-s
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

^^ umm it kinda did a tiny bit., cuz like although he never did anything in the books to show that he was gay, he was in love with the wizard who was his best friend for like ever and stuff...im not sure of his name right now, but if you've read the 7th book than youll know who im tlkin bout...it was his friend/adversary...
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

How touching. :anxious:
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

How... awkward... :anxious:
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
FrayedAroundTheEdges

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

The Top Crusader wrote:How touching. :anxious:
i wasnt rly sayin it to defend it, i mean its not right, but it is what it is. JJJJ kinda asked a question so i answered it...no matter how weird it maybe haha
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

And everyone says the stories are harmless...

Really, though, homosexuality is a reality that Christians need to face instead of constantly sweeping it under the rug. People out there are screaming for help, but they're afraid to say anything since homosexuality is such a taboo.

Sorry, rant over.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth