New cover art available

Small pictures for upcoming releases, including album 50!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Dave
Classic

New cover art available

Post by Dave »

The following are from CBD.

Adventures in Odyssey #50: The Best Small Town-12 Stories on Friendship, Doing Good, and More

Adventures in Odyssey Bible Eyewitness, The Hall of Faith: 12 Stories of the Bible's Greatest Heroes

Adventures in Odyssey Sampler, Bible Eyewitness: Follow the Star

If you have any more information or bigger pictures about these releases, then please share!

In Christ,
Dave
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Is that a parade?!?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Is that a parade?!?

Looks like it to me. Ties in with the title of the album and the "Best Small Town" story line this season no doubt.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

wow nice find, the release date of aug 1 seems alot earlier than they normally are, I'm going to photoshop it and see it can get a bigger picture of it

Reddo
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Reddo wrote:wow nice find, the release date of aug 1 seems alot earlier than they normally are, I'm going to photoshop it and see it can get a bigger picture of it

Reddo
Don't get excited about that August release date. CBD is almost always wrong where shipping dates are concerned.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Laurie wrote:

Looks like it to me. Ties in with the title of the album and the "Best Small Town" story line this season no doubt.
The album cover has to agree with the album content, maybe we'll see a parade, but if we don't I would not like this album cover at all.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
Laurie wrote:

The album cover has to agree with the album content, maybe we'll see a parade, but if we don't I would not like this album cover at all.
I am not crazy about the album covers either. If Odyssey wins the contest I'm sure we'll see or hear a parade.
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Reddo wrote:wow nice find, the release date of aug 1 seems alot earlier than they normally are
I think September would be a better estimatation than August. :)
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

King Butter Turtle wrote:The album cover has to agree with the album content, maybe we'll see a parade, but if we don't I would not like this album cover at all.
I don't like the album cover even if there will be a parade. It looks like they just tried to stuff as many characters on the cover as possible. And the cover doesn't need to agree with the album content: there are lots of covers that portray scenes that never happened.

I also wish they didn't have Tom on there, right behind the car. He has no significance to this season at all, and dragging out the inevitable and pretending he's still around is killing me!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Boswell wrote:I also wish they didn't have Tom on there, right behind the car. He has no significance to this season at all, and dragging out the inevitable and pretending he's still around is killing me!
AIO is doing a nice tribute to the great work that Walker Edmiston did for them for so many years. He's very deserving. =D>
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Chandler wrote:
Boswell wrote:I also wish they didn't have Tom on there, right behind the car. He has no significance to this season at all, and dragging out the inevitable and pretending he's still around is killing me!
AIO is doing a nice tribute to the great work that Walker Edmiston did for them for so many years. He's very deserving. =D>
Absolutely!! =D>
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Chandler wrote:AIO is doing a nice tribute to the great work that Walker Edmiston did for them for so many years. He's very deserving. =D>
Walker deserves almost anything they could give him. If they gave him credit in or on the case somewhere, I'd be all for it. But a drawing of Tom in an album in which he has only a few lines isn't tributing anything to Walker.

I'm sure that to anybody who doesn't know that Walker has died, seeing Tom on the cover is natural. But we who know the behind-the-scenes feel like Tom WAS Walker, and seeing him alive and well in Odyssey doesn't sit well.
EugeneManiac
Just visiting

Post by EugeneManiac »

when do they usually release a large picture of the new albums
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Looks like they posted it over at the Unofficial AIO Podcast

Cool!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Boswell wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:The album cover has to agree with the album content, maybe we'll see a parade, but if we don't I would not like this album cover at all.
And the cover doesn't need to agree with the album content: there are lots of covers that portray scenes that never happened.

I also wish they didn't have Tom on there, right behind the car. He has no significance to this season at all, and dragging out the inevitable and pretending he's still around is killing me!
The album covers should agree with the album content, all the ones that don't are the ones that I don't like. Why should the album cover portray something that didn't even happen in that album? It just doesn't make any sence. Also Walker's other character, Bart, is on it in the very back.

After seeing a larger version of this cover, I like it a lot more. It still has to agree with the content, as I mentioned earlier, so I still won't like it if there isn't a parade. But if there is a parade, it would probably be my new favorite cover; first, Eugene is on a unicycle and, as a juggler, that's awesome, also Bart is holding a very funny sign, it says "Electric Palace, used batteries $6.42", and I love Bernard sweeping up the confetti in the parade with a with a not-so-happy face. (very Bernard like)
EugeneManiac
Just visiting

Post by EugeneManiac »

on the unofficial odyssey podcast website they have the large picture for album 50. I'll post it later but right now you can go see it.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Right here.

Seeing it up close, it looks much better. It doesn't look so crowded, since you can actually make things out. It's the first ever appearance of Doris Rathbone, too!

Eugene on a unicycle is priceless. Do you think he can play the ukulele while doing that? And what do you suppose the WE 26 07 on Whit's license plate means? The WE almost certainly stands for "Whit's End," but do you think that 26-07 might be the date the album comes out (or maybe the release date for the New Guide)? Maybe both?!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

WE 26 07 = Walker Edmiston, 1926-2007
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Ooh! Good call Jonathan! =D>
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I'd like to take credit for being cool and what not, but someone had to tell me too. I seem to recall thinking w.e. stood for Whit's End too.