Have you ever seen a Star Wars film?

Am I in the severe minority?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Have you ever seen a Star Wars film?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 46

Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Ditto.

Rachael, though I haven't seen the fan film, I have read about Mara Jade, and I definately can see why you'd like her! (She DOES marry a good guy, though)
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

Mandy Straussberg wrote:Until last year, I hadn't. Now I've seen all six. Apart from Ewan McGregor, I wish I still hadn't seen the "first" three.

Mandy
Yeah, the "first" three are just riddled with stupid lines and bad acting. Ewan is the best actor of those three. Despite the old effects of 4, 5 and 6, they are still better movies.

Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

The only one that I have seen in it's entirety was the first one, when it was first released. It is stuck in my memory because it was the first (of 2) time I saw a movie at the theater with my dad. I have seen just enough of the rest to ask annoying questions when they're on.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

There's really no getting around it in my house. My dad loves the movies. My younger sister is a Star Wars fanatic and would love to work for Lucas.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I don't know why people go on and on about how terrible the "first" three were. I liked them all right. *shrugs* I didn't see anything particularly terrible about any of the movies or that the "last" three were superior.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

I've seen them all.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:I don't know why people go on and on about how terrible the "first" three were. I liked them all right. *shrugs* I didn't see anything particularly terrible about any of the movies or that the "last" three were superior.
Well, the older ones have the advantage of being nostalgic for some people. :) I started liking them far too late to claim that, but I think that it's part of the reason for some people. I do like them better, though - they seem better, more interesting, less self-aware, if that makes sense. :-k They also have Harrison Ford :inlove: which is, of course, a great point in their favour. ;) I don't despise the newer three, probably partially because the first two were out before I started watching SW movies, and I didn't have decades of anticipation for how fantastic they should be, and then feel let down because of super high expectations, but I do prefer the original trilogy. They're just cooler. \:D/
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Yes, I have. Many times... All of them... ;)
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

Yup, I've seen all of them except the one that just came out.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:I don't know why people go on and on about how terrible the "first" three were. I liked them all right. *shrugs* I didn't see anything particularly terrible about any of the movies or that the "last" three were superior.
For me the prequels didn't reach the full potential they could have. Lucas focused more on technology/special effects then he did story. I mean part of what made the original trilogy so great was Lucas had to improvise with the limited technology he had and had to rely more on the story to carry the movie. Concerning the story in the prequels he decided to ignore what he had already approved other authors to write about characters (like Boba Fett) and rewrite the story. The whole Anakin/Padme relationship just didn't seem believable.

Then when the original trilogy came out on DVD he decided to change some of the dialouge in the 'Empire Stikes Back' and destroy one of the greatest plot twist in cinimatic history.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I just got the original 3 SW videos again....just finished watching the Empire Strikes Back last night.

I'm curious as to what part of that Lucas changed in the DVD, dawningoftime. :-k

In the "first" 3, it almost seemed like they had more advanced technology than the original movies. It just seemed like not good continuity, to me at least. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm not sure which change bothered dawningoftime the most, but this link will show you a list of changes for the 2004 DVD release. :) Some scrolling will show you more stuff if you want! The list is on Wikipedia, and doesn't seem nearly complete, however. :-k I know that I saw a larger list/rant somewhere, but I don't remember where anymore. :(