How many hours of sleep do you have to have every night?

To function the next day.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

How many hours of sleep do you have to have every night?

Post by DrummerChick »

SO I haven't seen a thread about this. And I am tired so I was thinking about this. So how many hours of sleep do you hav eot have to not be a zombie the next day?
It depends for me. If I have alot to do the next day I like to get atleast8 hours of sleep or more. Wekkends I usaullly get around 9+. It all depends. SO how about you?
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

If I get 6, that's cool. I feel best on 8. Right now I have insomnia after 3 hrs and better get to bed soon. 7 I can do fine, but yeah, 8 is like ideal for me. I never sleep in or sleep over 8 hrs.
Forte
OK

Post by Forte »

I've shown that I can get by rather easily and even do heavy labor on about 4 hours of sleep, but I really don't want to make a habit of doing that (after all, I've read that lack of sleep leads to insanity, and I certainly don't want to lose any of my precious mental capabilities).

I prefer getting about 8-9 hours, if possible. I hardly ever sleep for 10-11 hours these days.
|My LiveJournal|My Facebook (Add me, please! I need a reason to use it! :P|

I like changing my avatar a lot, so expect a new one every now and then.
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

prob 8-9. depends if I sleep in or not :p
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

Honestly, I really only get 5.5 hours of sleep every night. :anxious: It's because I am quite a night owl, so I normally don't start my homework until 11pm. \:D/
*returns*
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I get....*prepares to hide* around 11-12 hours of sleep every night, *hides* if I don't get that much, I am a zombie till the next night.

I, like Kat, am a night person. So I can get a lot of things done (and do) during the night. So yeah.

*Pokes JIA towards this thread and grins*
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Lately, I've been getting about six to seven hours. That's about all I need, it always annoys me when I really sleep in.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I can get 3-4 hours of sleep and function fine until evening. Like, until 6:00, and then I start to get pretty sleepy.. I usually get around 7-8 hours of sleep though. \:D/ I actually can't sleep much longer than that, for some odd reason. I also have problems going to sleep, I think I sleep better when I go to bed around 12:00 rather than 10:00. Yeah, I'm strange. :duh:
...I hate marquees.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I can function well on 6 hours of sleep a night as long as I get at least one night of sleep of more than 8 hours at least one day during a week. :yes:
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

When I was in my teens and in college, I could subsist on 0-4 hours per night but as I progress steadily towards old age, I now insist upon 7 hours minimum to function properly. :)
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

More than I'm getting, that's for sure... ;)

I think I probably need 8-9 hours to actually function properly, but I tend to stay up late and end up getting much less than I should...
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

Well i dont get to bed till ike 12 and dont get up till like 8 but I could function on like 7 or 6 hours. Its very early if I go to bed at 11:30. :noway:
Skid
Still standing tall

Post by Skid »

I do best alternating between 6 and 8 hours of sleep a night.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I typically get between 6-8. Anymore than 8 and my sleep schedule gets all screwed up. I can function on less than that too, but not regularly.

There was one time though that I had trouble sleeping and got only 3.5 hours of sleep--had to be to work at 6 am to unload a truck. Definitely didn't take me long to fall asleep that night, that's for sure.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I can do fine on 6ish hours. I like to get 7 or 8, and with my current work schedule I usually can, so that's cool but once I start my new job I'll probably be getting more like 5-6! \:D/
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

I can go on about 3-4 hours of sleep for a few weeks, and then I'm dead for the next couple of days. My memory fails when I don't get enough sleep (ideally, 8-9 hours), and I need my memory. So I try to sleep.

But Someone, Somewhere, is against that idea. So I just live on a minimum amount of sleep until I'm exhausted enough to catch up. \:D/

And no matter how hypocritical, I maintain that getting to bed by 10 or 11 is a good way to get lots of sleep. :noway:
don't forget the rain.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It's been... I don't know how many years since I've been in bed in the 10-11 range. :noway:
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

The Top Crusader wrote:It's been... I don't know how many years since I've been in bed in the 10-11 range. :noway:
Poor Top. You should set an alarm to tell you when to go to bed. While rather unconventional, I've found that method rather helpful on occasion. :D

As for sleeping habits, Frank and Five hours get along just fine. :yes:
Narnia55
Just visiting

Post by Narnia55 »

About 5 hours right now. Studying until 2am takes some toll on my body, but I am young enough to survive it...for now!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Between 6 and 9, depending on how stressful and sleep-deprived life has been.