Where do you purchase your albums?

Please tell me where to find the best price

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Punkindoodle
Not as new

Where do you purchase your albums?

Post by Punkindoodle »

Hi! I am looking to replace my albums (cassettes for cds). Do you ever find specials on these---if so where? I saw them for $25 on the Focus website---Is that the going rate? Thanks!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Hey Punkindoodle! First of all, welcome to the ToO! :)

There are a couple places where you can purchase the albums:

Amazon

They offer competitive prices on their albums, some of which sell for as low as $16.49. I don't know if they sell all the albums, however, and some of them sell for $24.99.

Christian Book

Perhaps the best online merchandiser for Odyssey albums, Christian Book sells them at $17.99 each, or $16.99 each if you purchase 5 or more. They have all the albums in stock, too!
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

You can also find albums at Family Christian Store, or a "Mom and Pop" Christian bookstore, if you are fortunate enough to have either in your area. Those two are where I purchase mine. I do not recommend that you buy the albums from Focus on the Family, they are very slow and nine times out of ten you will find the album in the store before you receive it in the mail. Trent's suggestions are excellent also, though with Christian Book you are known to wait also because they are almost always wrong when it comes to shipping dates.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Punkindoodle
Not as new

Post by Punkindoodle »

Thanks:) I figured Amazon and CBD would be good bets. Someone sent me a link (www.libraryanded.com) last month. They were having a 7 day sale on the For God and Country (9.99). I wish I had taken advantage of it. Do you see deals like this very often? If so, I am not in a hurry to change them all at once and would wait until I saw them on special like this:)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The only potential problem with your local Christian bookstore is that prices tend to be in the $20+ range. The one here sells the albums at anywhere between $24.99 and $34.99. You're not likely to find deals for albums for less than $16 unless you check out eBay. If you do, that's great... but your best bet is are places like Amazon and CBD.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Trent DeWhite wrote:The only potential problem with your local Christian bookstore is that prices tend to be in the $20+ range. The one here sells the albums at anywhere between $24.99 and $34.99. You're not likely to find deals for albums for less than $16 unless you check out eBay. If you do, that's great... but your best bet is are places like Amazon and CBD.
That is a problem for quite a few I know. I only mentioned it because there are quite a few of us here that don't like waiting and most often the bookstores have the album before CBD or Amazon, at least this has been true in my case.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Right on. Obviously, the benefit with buying at your local Christian bookstore is that you can have it in your hands right away. All of the Gold Audio albums we have were, in fact, purchased at a Christian bookstore. However, because I don't like spending $30+ on albums, I've only bought them when they were on sale or using a 40% discount coupon. \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Right on. Obviously, the benefit with buying at your local Christian bookstore is that you can have it in your hands right away. All of the Gold Audio albums we have were, in fact, purchased at a Christian bookstore. However, because I don't like spending $30+ on albums, I've only bought them when they were on sale or using a 40% discount coupon. \:D/
I got album 48 for $19.97 plus tax at my one of my two favorite "Mom and Pop" Christian bookstores and the most recent album I bought was $24.99 plus tax at a local Family Christian Store. I think if you wanted to really look you could find them in the stores for under $30. People should do whatever works the best for them. I am not saying that my way is the best, or only way. I buy them in the stores because I don't like to wait and I also try to support my favorite "Mom and Pop" stores whenever I can.
Selah
Not as new

Post by Selah »

Amazon...definately. I usually get mine for around $5.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Selah wrote:Amazon...definately. I usually get mine for around $5.
Wow, how do you manage that?

Punkindoodle, if you or a family member fits into one of these wholesale categories, then you can buy from Library and Educational Services. I think they normally sell the albums for $15 each but sometimes they offer albums for $12.50 like if they're new or if you buy several.
Library and Educational Services website wrote:Our wholesale customers include: independent resellers; teachers; school administrators; homeschools; librarians; pastors; church leaders both paid and volunteer; day care, missionaries and youth leaders. These people are the only beneficiaries of our low wholesale prices.
Selah
Not as new

Post by Selah »

Chandler wrote:
\
[/quote]

I buy the used ones....or discounted new ones.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Selah wrote:
Chandler wrote:
\
I buy the used ones....or discounted new ones.
*heads over to Amazon*
Last edited by Chandler on Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Good luck finding an album for less than $10. :anxious:
Selah
Not as new

Post by Selah »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Good luck finding an album for less than $10. :anxious:
Oops looks like I din't quite read the whole thread...I meant I buy most of my cds from amazon....not AIO stuff. Sorry.
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

I buy mine from Library and Education...they have them for about $14.50(plus tax and shipping)
www.libraryanded.com
-looy
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

I usually purchase my albums at the Focus on the Family bookstore. For a few reasons:

1. Since I am a volunteer I get half off focus on the family branded products (Adventures in Odyssey being one of those products)
2. My mother works there

I haven't really purchased an album in a while because it seems like I have unlimited access to most of the albums anyway (at least thats what someone told me yesterday). I think that the best way to go would be to check out your library. My library has a lot of odyssey resources and with a library your price can't be beat.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I buy mine from Parables Christian book store. They sell them for twenty dollars, but often have coupons for as much as twentyfive percent off. They are national, but don't have too many stores. Here's a store list.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Replacing Cassetes with CD's is going to be quite expensive! Mine come from local Christian book stores, mostly Lifeway.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

I used to buy mine at Amazon but got tired of always getting cracked cases and broken cd hubs. I find myself buying them now at book stores so I can inspect them. It costs a little more but worth it.
Exercise Daily-Walk with The Lord!
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

i dont bye new CD's any more i record them from oneplace then i get rid of the commercials then put it into MP3 form then i listen to them on my MP3 to get old ones i go to my library that have in tape were i have a tape record then put it in MP3 so i haven't bought Albums for a while i've saved tons of money. \:D/
Save Eugene in the character competition!