disliked characters

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Scott Cardinal
I'm fifteen, mom!

disliked characters

Post by Scott Cardinal »

which characters do you dislike the most???????????????????? i Hate Dwain :shame: =;
The Offical Mattress Thief
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Deffinately Lawrence and the older Jimmey!!!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

lol @ older Jimmy :anxious:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Kelly. Yup.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I think my least favorite has always been Harlow as far as the regular characters.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

v-lady93 wrote:I think my least favorite has always been Harlow as far as the regular characters.
Yeah, I haven't exactly enjoyed Harlow that much either.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Kelly and Harlow.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Ouch, no love for Kelly and Harlow. I think Kelly's a great character; she's not your typical "good kid" and brings some different attitudes/issues to Odyssey. Harlow's zany, but good in small doses.

Some voices that annoy me are Evelyn from Hear Me, Hear Me, Felicia from Living the the Gray, Sharon Ziegler from Nothing to Fear, Danny Schmidt, Bethany Shepard, and Brooke Myers. Just to make it clear, listing a character here does not mean I dislike every performance by that character. Breaking it down, I completely dislike the first three (Evelyn, Felicia, Sharon), but think the last three (Danny, Bethany, Brooke) have had redeeming moments.

I would've listed Wooton here several years ago, but didn't for fear I would be mobbed. ;) Now I consider him like I consider Harlow: good in small doses. Wooton is sometimes a little too silly for me, but he has extra dimensions of love and insight. He was outstanding in Wooting Wooton, my favorite Wooton episode. Slowly, I think I am working up to bigger doses. ;)
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Kelly I don't mind (anymore), but I have never really liked Harlow. Wooton totally rocks. \:D/

Danny Schmidt I've never really liked either, although I do listen to the episodes that have him in them. Not very much, but still. :anxious:

And Liz, before she became unannoying. Anyone remember 'You Win Some, You Lose Some'? :noway:
Last edited by J-man on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
...I hate marquees.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

J-man wrote:Kelly I don't mind (anymore), but I have never really liked Harlow. Wooton totally rocks. \:D/

Danny Schmidt I've never really liked either, although I do listen to the episodes that have him in them. Not very much, but still. :anxious:

And Liz, before she became unannoying. Anyone remember 'You Win Some, You Lose Some?' :noway:
Yeah I remember why did they change her?
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

No reason was really given.

Glenn Adams used to send me up the wall, but now I think he's perfectly hilarious :lol:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I love Glenn because I know he would drive me crazy in real life. ;)

I have never been as bothered by some characters that I never knew were disliked until I found the online AIO community.

Felicia's voice was a little annoying, but I felt a lot of sympathy for her, and I didn't hate the character overall. I guess I found her more redeemable than Taq did...I don't know.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

Terry from "The Last Great Adventure of the Summer". "Oh, boo-hoo. My mom's dead and now I can't go to summer camp!" :boohoo:
Everything written in this post is false.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:Terry from "The Last Great Adventure of the Summer". "Oh, boo-hoo. My mom's dead and now I can't go to summer camp!" :boohoo:
Terry is probably the character I dislike the most.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:Terry from "The Last Great Adventure of the Summer". "Oh, boo-hoo. My mom's dead and now I can't go to summer camp!" :boohoo:
I've never disliked Terry, but I laughed when I read that.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Actually I think Terry didn't go to summer camp because his dad didn't want him to. :-k
...I hate marquees.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

Because his mom died.
Everything written in this post is false.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Taq wrote:Some voices that annoy me are Evelyn from Hear Me, Hear Me, Felicia from Living the the Gray, Sharon Ziegler from Nothing to Fear, Danny Schmidt, Bethany Shepard, and Brooke Myers. Just to make it clear, listing a character here does not mean I dislike every performance by that character. Breaking it down, I completely dislike the first three (Evelyn, Felicia, Sharon), but think the last three (Danny, Bethany, Brooke) have had redeeming moments.
I've never understood all the hatred of Danny Schmidt... I just hear 3 of his shows (not Forever...Amen) as an attempt to reach a younger audience. I have no problem with them.
Did you know that Shirley Zigler was voiced by a young Sage Bolte (later Robyn Jacobs)? :) You can also hear her younger voice in "A Dental Dilemma" where she does Emily Forbes.
Taq wrote:I would've listed Wooton here several years ago, but didn't for fear I would be mobbed. ;) Now I consider him like I consider Harlow: good in small doses. Wooton is sometimes a little too silly for me, but he has extra dimensions of love and insight. He was outstanding in Wooting Wooton, my favorite Wooton episode. Slowly, I think I am working up to bigger doses. ;)
*mobs Taq* :neener:

I basically have to agree with your evaluation. The thing that's always bothered me was that Wooton was presented as an adult role model but he did some utterly immature things. Harlow isn't "all there" but he's never been someone for us to look up to, just comic relief. However he's got his good points and I hope those are further explored while the tongs are left in the drawer. :-$
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

I as well never really liked Karen in that one episode...
Sonshinegirl
Shining for the Son
Shining for the Son

Post by Sonshinegirl »

I basically like every character for the most part. Harlow can get annoying after awhile, I don't especially like the voice of Brooke Myers either, but most of the regulars I do like.