HALO anyone?

I'll admit it. I'm hooked. I'm an official Halo GEEK.

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.

Halo is:

OVERRATED
39%
Fun and entertaining
25%
Boring
18%
The most fun you're allowed to have with your clothes on!
18%

Total votes: 28

Jennifer Doyle
An original

HALO anyone?

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

My brother recently bought an X-Box and Halo (not Halo 2). We have stayed up Friday and Saturday nights until 11:00 or 12:00 playing the cooperative missions. I've dreamed about Halo two nights in a row. Last night I was up until 1:00 with my youth group at a Halo 2 party. I can't eat, I can't sleep. I need Halo 2.

My thumbs and fingers twitch during my off time.

Please say I am not alone!

P.S. The option : "most fun you're allowed to have with your clothes on" is something my journalism teacher says about journalism...just thought it was humorous.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I will destroy all Halo, in the name of Samus Araaaaan! ATTACK!
(Metroid: o_o; squeh?)

It's a fairly nifty game from what I've seen of it, but still overrated...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

As much of a gamer as I am, Halo never did anything for me :(. Though I hate playing first person shooters on console's to begin with, so that has something to do with it.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Over-rated and boring. I'm never much for FPS but there are quite a few I enjoy more than this one...

I love that last option, btw. =D>
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

There are some FPS I love, but overall, it's not my favorite genre. I loved Goldeneye for the N64 though (who didn't?) and that is the only FPS I ever enjoyed on a console. As far as recently goes, Far Cry and Half Life 2 were both excellent on the PC... but I don't mean to hijack this Halo thread ;).
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

LovedbyGod wrote:My brother recently bought an X-Box and Halo (not Halo 2). We have stayed up Friday and Saturday nights until 11:00 or 12:00 playing the cooperative missions. I've dreamed about Halo two nights in a row. Last night I was up until 1:00 with my youth group at a Halo 2 party. I can't eat, I can't sleep. I need Halo 2.

My thumbs and fingers twitch during my off time.

Please say I am not alone!
Trust me, you're not alone. :grouphug:
That sounds exactly like me when I was first exposed to Halo. On multiple occassions I stayed up all night playing it with friends, not rising until 2 pm the next day. This may sound crazy and obssessive to some out there, but I have to say - the most fun gaming in the world happens between 2 and 5 am. I bought an Xbox when Halo 2 came out just so I could play it on Xbox live. I have no regrets. Halo is truly the man of all FPS. Not that there aren't other good ones out there... Half life in particular is brilliantly produced. I personally though, find Halo 2 to be the most genuinely fun FPS I've ever played.

About your thumbs twitching... I remember after my second overnighter, for the next week after that, any time I closed my eyes I could literally play Halo, crystal clear in my mind. I couldn't get the game out of my head! I'll admit, that was a bit obsessive, but I don't have enough time in my life anymore for a video game to take over. ;)
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Overrated...my Halo geek friends say that it's the best thing that ever happened to them...ha.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I thought I already posted here. I guess not. :anxious:

Although I wouldn't consider myself hooked to Halo, I did originally own Halo (a few months after it came out). I currently own Halo 2 (purchased in January '05), but haven't played it in several months. :anxious: Come to think of it, I still haven't even beaten the campaign mode. :-
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

Too much ToO? \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Frank wrote:Too much ToO? \:D/
Yeah, I was going to say. Various other things have taken precedence over Halo for the moment. :-
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

We should ban you for even thinking that there's such a thing as too much ToO! :shame:

I'm not familiar with the game, but I doubt that any game is good enough to stay up all night playing! Of course, it seems like there are a lot of gamers out there who disagree... :anxious:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Catspaw wrote:
We should ban you for even thinking that there's such a thing as too much ToO! :shame:
Send her to the courthouse! :protest:
Catspaw wrote:I'm not familiar with the game, but I doubt that any game is good enough to stay up all night playing! Of course, it seems like there are a lot of gamers out there who disagree... :anxious:
You'd be surprised... it's a widespread epidemic of obsession.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Yeah, I was going to say. Various other things have taken precedence over Halo for the moment. :-
Ohhh...so sad. :mecry: you can't play your Halo! Oh, what will we ever do? :boohoo: Sing mournful songs and cry into a teapot until it fills up, I guess. Too much ToO!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Frank wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Ohhh...so sad. :mecry: you can't play your Halo! Oh, what will we ever do? :boohoo: Sing mournful songs and cry into a teapot until it fills up, I guess. Too much ToO!
*pours tears into the sink and watches them go down the drain* Image
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

Image Oh...I see that you've found another befitting emoticon...it suits you almost as much as :sniff:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

*watches thread disintegrate into offtopicness* :-

I hear the ending of Halo 2 was really lame. Without giving away any spoilers, who here can confirm this claim? :-k
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I can't confirm it, but everyone I've talked to says that the campaign was really lame.

While definitely not my favorite game, it is really fun, especially "turf," a map that came with the 2.5 expansion. I find that I only enjoy the game when playing with a bunch of friends. Something about trash talk.....
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

ive played it once..but i did SOOO bad. the grenades on the floor i thought were lil bugs..but i ended up killing one person.. :D i could never tell what the people looked like though..i just randomly shot at objects. lol
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I just played H2 today, it continues to be a awesome game. I love it. Since I don't have a Xbox I won't get it, but I play it at my friends houses.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

My brother will be getting Halo 2 soon. I agree with the person who said they didn't really like 1st person shooters. I kept wanting to get a view from 3rd person, I think it's easier. But Halo won't allow it. During the Halo 1 missions I also wanted to duel wield weapons, I'd been used to that playing the multi-player with my youth group, but alas, no go on Halo 1.

I don't know anything about Halo 2's ending. I hadn't heard it was lame or anything like that...I don't hear people talk about it at all either though. And I've never played Halo online...I prefer to play with real people! Though one of those headsets would be AWESOME.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz