Anybody crazy enough to rate them all?

Or most of them.

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Choose the statement that best describes you.

I have rated all episodes (or most of them).
5%
I have not rated all episodes, but I plan to start soon.
27%
I have not rated all episodes, but I plan to...someday.
23%
I have not rated all episodes, and I don't plan to.
45%

Total votes: 22

LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

It is now summer, and, true to my word, I have started rating the episodes! For the first time, I'm listening to them strictly in chronological order (not necessarily by album), and I'm loving this project. I'm really looking forward to being able to figure out which albums are rated the highest, what my favorites are from each year, etc. Thanks for the great idea, Taq! :D

One thing I noticed was that at first, it was very hard to decide on a rating for an episode. Now, around episode 50, the grading process is much easier since I have more points of reference.

Now that I'm scrutinizing the episodes more closely, I've made several interesting observations. I was going to post them here, but the list turned out to be longer than I had anticipated, and I started thinking that other people might want to post their own random connections and observations, so I'm starting a new thread (here) for them.
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

Unfortunately, I have rated them as well cuz I have an AIO site.... yes, it's kind of a necessity... though I would never have been motivated to make an Excel file on it! :)
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Unfortunately? Good for you, Jacob! =D>

Welcome aboard, Lizzie! I agree that the rating process gets easier as points of reference are built. I'm up-to-date and still chugging along with the Excel file. :D The weekday episodes are now into the 100's.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Wow, I think I'll try.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Let us know how it goes, King Butter Turtle! :)

So far, I've learned that these are my favorites through the first 100:
-The Day Independence Came
-VBS Blues
-The Case of the Secret Room I & II
-The Last Great Adventure of the Summer
-Eugene's Dilemma
-The Nemesis I & II
-The Battle I & II
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

I to shall take on this immense challenge, so far all I've done is make a spreadsheet to keep track of them.

If anybody wants a copy of a blank spreadsheet to save a few minutes and avoid having to type in all the episodes names let me know and I'll be happy to give you a copy.

Reddo
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I hadn't even thought about putting the spreadsheet online. Great idea, Reddo! But what formulas did you use for Episodes Rated and 1 Star, 1.5 Stars, etc.? I'm guessing 2.5 or 3 is my most common rating, but it would be interesting to see the breakdown.

Is Rating Them All
Taq
Agent3xq
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Jonathan
LizzieG
King Butter Turtle
Reddo

Has Rated Them All
Chandler
JacobIsom
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Taq wrote:I hadn't even thought about putting the spreadsheet online. Great idea, Reddo! But what formulas did you use for Episodes Rated and 1 Star, 1.5 Stars, etc.? I'm guessing 2.5 or 3 is my most common rating, but it would be interesting to see the breakdown.
the formulas I used to find how many of each rating is:

=countif(Range,rating)

for me the range is B2:B670 so the formula to find how many episodes with one star would be =countif(B2:B670,1)
Then to find how many episodes I've rated I justed put in a formula to add up how many episodes there were with 1 star, 1.5, 2, and so on
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Thanks, Reddo. :)

I've rated 175 episodes. I'm 27% of the way there. \:D/
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I think it's an interesting idea to rate them all, but the average 7th grade teenage girl does not have time to! Maybe someone should come up with a website where they can post little ratings and summaries of episodes, so that everyone is in on the fun, especially since I have no chance of getting the time until summer!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I just need to get my hands on album 18 before I can go through every single Odyssey episode. But this is definitely a project I'd like to work through during the hiatus! With 645 episodes at an average of about 25 minutes a piece, that's over 250 hours of listening material! :shock:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Yes, I know this is old... but I have made a huge chart of my own. I didn't necessarily rate the episodes, but I have drafted one or two-sentence summaries of what happened in them. I have a list of characters, episode number, airdate, and a few other things. Would anyone be interested in seeing it?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Yes!!! It has always been my dream to have a spreadsheet where the rows are characters and the columbs are all kinds of information about them. So, for example you could search for all the characters that we know are originally from Odyssey or the range of time Lucy was in Odyssey or anythnig really. I've never gotten anywhere with it, though.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I would be very interested in seeing it as well. That is something I've always wanted to do myself, but have never found the time.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Yes!!! It has always been my dream to have a spreadsheet where the rows are characters and the columbs are all kinds of information about them. So, for example you could search for all the characters that we know are originally from Odyssey or the range of time Lucy was in Odyssey or anythnig really. I've never gotten anywhere with it, though.
I just re-read this. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but my chart only lists the characters per episode, not a list of episodes a character has appeared in. I think AIO SF or Odyssey Scoop has lists like that. Or maybe it's the Odyssey Library.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

KODY 105 wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:Yes!!! It has always been my dream to have a spreadsheet where the rows are characters and the columbs are all kinds of information about them. So, for example you could search for all the characters that we know are originally from Odyssey or the range of time Lucy was in Odyssey or anythnig really. I've never gotten anywhere with it, though.
I just re-read this. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but my chart only lists the characters per episode, not a list of episodes a character has appeared in. I think AIO SF or Odyssey Scoop has lists like that. Or maybe it's the Odyssey Library.
No, I meant a list of characters and all kinds of information about them, not necessarily what episodes they were in. Yours is a list of episodes and information about them, which is also cool, but different.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Check out www.aiosoda.com KBT. I think they have what you're looking for. Or that's as close as you're going to get, anyway.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

No, I know about aiosoda! Who doesn't? I'll try one more time, each row in the spreadsheet is a character name (in order of the number of episodes they're in, so Whit first, Connie second, Eugene third etc.). Each row would be information like; actor/actress, gender, age, number of episodes they're in, first episode they were in, last episode they were in, range of episodes (first to last), family members, faith, church, employer, school, quote, where are they originally from, etc. There would also be columbs for weather or not they're a; coyote, bone, isrealite, etc. along with several columbs for misc. information. I know it doesn't exist, I've just dreamed of creating it.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

KBT this may not be exactly what your looking for but we have some very interesting things planned for characters over at AIOwiki that should fill in what your looking for, it will include first and last episodes, percentage of episodes appeared in overall, percentage of episodes since they first appeared, and date range for the episodes that they we're in.

We're hoping to release this along with a complete episode guide sometime before Christmas,
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Cool, like in the side bar thing?