Or most of them.
10 Reasons Why You Should Start Rating All AIO Episodes Now
1. You want to organize your AIO thoughts.
2. You want to compare episodes to one another, especially those from different eras.
3. You want to finally know what your top 100 (or 50 or 20 or 10) list looks like.
4. You want to see if certain episodes stand the test of time.
5. You want to see if your ratings change as you get older.
6. You want to compile this for your future kids to see.
7. You want to start at the beginning. Oneplace recently started over.
8. You want to be allowed a little procrastination. Oneplace episodes stay up for a while.
9. You want some encouragement. We can spur each other on here!
10. You want to keep yourself excited about AIO over the long hiatus (Summer 2008-Fall 2009).
If you have rated them all, please share your experience with us.
If you haven’t rated them all, why don’t you join me? The project will take diligence and devotion, but I think we can do it.
I agree. The only episodes that I've rated have been the ones I have reviewed here and like others here I don't review every episode.v-lady93 wrote:I'm definitely not patient enough to do something like that, but I'm sure it would be an interesting project.
(sorry about the ungrammaticalness of that post... it's late )
1. Others' ratings - I don't think it's necessarily bad to look at others' reviews. They often give observations I didn't notice and perspectives I hadn't considered before. Then I may modify my opinion, or leave it unchanged. Of course, the opinion at the end of the day is my own, so I make sure I can personally justify it.
2. Not wanting to give a "bad" rating (Overrating) - Sometimes I fall into the trap of thinking, I enjoy most Odyssey episodes, so how could I give a below-par rating? The result is just making the scale smaller. If I only give ratings between 3 and 5, this is just as good as a scale from 0 to 2. In order to differentiate episodes from each other, I necessarily need to give many lower ratings. Rating an episode below average does not mean I don't like the episode. It just means that I liked the other ones better. (Note: This problem is extremely rampant, especially here on the Town of Odyssey. It is also extremely difficult to combat. Even though I'm aware of it, I still have a good amount of fives and only one zero so far.)
3. Underrating - Sometimes I fall into the trap of trying to give many lower ratings to compensate for the overrating effect. If there's a string of outstanding episodes, e.g. Fall 2007, I need to make sure I do them justice.
4. Trying for an average - Sometimes I try to rate episodes so the average turns out to be 2.5 or close to it. After all, it's supposed to be an average, right? This is bad. I want my ratings to be independent of each other. *deletes running average*
Keep up the good work! I plan to fill in a lot of my ratings chart during my Spring Break, which starts in a week.Agent3xq wrote:Actually I have been rating it for my itunes and it can be a bit of a task, but it's kind of fun when you have nothing to do
- Danielle Abigail Maxwell
- Odyssey Book Author
- Posts: 7111
- Joined: January 2006
- Location: Denver, CO
Honor Thy Parents is one of those early episodes that wasn't in an album--though I do believe it was added in The Lost Episodes--but they kept airing it anyway. In the radio broadcast schedule they don't go by albums, they go by number, so this was about the time for HTP (episode 30) to air.RegisB wrote:I know, but they added some episodes, like Honor your Parents
This is gonna be fun!
Yeah, I think Officer Harley is the main culprit with seasonal episodes coming in a distant second. Below is a list of the episodes Oneplace has skipped so far. We're now up to 42.J-man wrote:Hm.. They apparently are skipping some of the holidayish episodes.. And of course the Officer Harley episodes..
Edit: I put the episode titles in quotes.3: Lights Out at Whit's End
6: The Day After Christmas
8: Dental Dilemma
9: Doing Unto Others
11: Addictions Can Be Habit-Forming
13: Bobby's Valentine
14: Missed It By That Much
15: My Brother's Keeper
16: No Stupid Questions
17: A Member of the Family, Part 1
18: A Member of the Family, Part 2
21: The Case of the Missing Train Car
22: A Simple Addition
23: The Quality of Mercy
25: Harley Takes the Case, Part 1
26: Harley Takes the Case, Part 2
28: The Price of Freedom