Your favorite type of music?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Your favorite type of music?

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

So I decided I would post a brief summary of my genres of choice.

Rock
Country
Classic Rock
Jazz
Flamenco
TECHNO!
Trance
Rap
Classical
Jewish music (Of course :p)
Anything with a violin almost
Emo. (haha, they make good music)
Pop
Indian
Blues

That is what I can think of right now, but that is a days iPod playlist for me ;).
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Well, pretty much 90% of my music is listed under the vague genres of 'game' or 'soundtrack', but...
Most of my favorite songs are blends of genres, but the major subtypes mixed are classical, jazz, and occasionally pop or rock. Also, spyjazz is awesome and I need more.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

i like....

Christian
Soundtrack
Country
Techno

there is more but i cant think of them right now
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Christian and Soundtrack are my favorites.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Christian, classical, and especially soundtracks. \:D/
Storm
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Storm »

Christian
Soundtrack
Country
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

I like some pop/jazz (Michael Bublé, of course!) some classical (Vivaldi) and orchestra and marching bands. Then I have like 15 albums from this singing group that sing somthing like a mix of celtic/bluegrass southern style... its not country(THANK GOODNESS!) I hate country. Alot.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Classical, straight up.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Christian all the way peoples!

Country, cuz of Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban, that might be about it...

Um, Rock? I'm not exactly sure what Backstreet Boys wouldbe consider as, and Daughtry, and those people...
Forte
OK

Post by Forte »

Huh. Let's see... I don't really know everything I listen to... but here's a list of things I listen to that I can tell right off the bat, from most to least (in terms of amount).

-Video Game Soundtracks/Remixes (encompassing many styles, like orchestra, jazz, rock, techno, etc.)
-Anime/Tokusatsu (same as above)
-Christian
-Podcasts
-Sermons
-Sermon Jams

And there are a few miscellaneous things left over that don't quite fit into any specific genre. Podcast listening involves daily swapping out and putting files onto my MP3 player, however, so podcasts are actually number one in terms of what I listen to.

In terms of what I like, however...

-Techno
-Rock
-Orchestra (Classical falls into this category)
-Chiptunes
-Pop

Of course, it depends on the song in question, solely. It's too hard to really fit my tastes in a list. But the Christian music I like most of all are hymns, hands down. Nothing beats an organ and a large choir. :3
|My LiveJournal|My Facebook (Add me, please! I need a reason to use it! :P|

I like changing my avatar a lot, so expect a new one every now and then.
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

ALL Christian
Pop
Jazz
Country
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Lets Think:

Christian Rock!!!!!!
Christian Rap!!!!!!!
Violin stuff (How do you spell Violin? cuz it doesn't look right)
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Alternative Rock
Indie Rock
Jazz

Those are my top 3 I would say. :P
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

In no real order,
*Punk Rock
*Classic Rock
*Rockabilly
*Jazz
*Blues
*Some Country (Johhny Cash FTW!)
*Big Band Swing
*Oldies
*Praise (I think just saying "Christian" isn't really a genre.. Christian bands can fit into the genre's I listed above.)
*Ska
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Rock.. Pretty much rock in general. \:D/ And pop, that's kinda what I started out liking and ended up getting into rock. Other than that, there's a few hip-hop artists I kinda like. (John Reuben, Tobymac..) In general, I can't listen to much of it though. Other than that, I like technoish music, and music that combines strings with rock, that sort of thing. And then there's always Praise & Worship songs, which I don't in general listen to, but like anyway.

Now, what don't I like? Country. I can't see how anyone can stand it. *shudders* Classical is just plain boring.. :anxious: Rap is annoying(pretty much all of it..) Most Jazz is rather annoying too. Not all, but a lot of it. Ok I'll stop genre bashing now. :anxious: \:D/
...I hate marquees.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

I'll have to agree with you on the country one, those artists write really sad songs.
The classical thing I might have to disagree. Most of it yea, its boring. But There is this one song that is so darn cool, It was from "Pirates of the Carribean 3" I didn't no that it was classical till my mom told me. SO I listen to a little of that I guess to
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Mostly "Praise and Worship" songs & hymns, some Southern Gospel and some contemporary Christian songs. \:D/
Love is stronger than death.
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I LIKE EVERYTING!!! Other than County... Ok I like country songs... Anyway, but I really love:

ODD STUFF(or Odd Alternative)
Rap/Hip-hop
Techno
Rock
or anything that makes me happy!

-Robo

P.S. Question, what makes indie rock so different from any other rock other than the fact its usally INDIE?
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

I'm pretty flexible with music. My tastes vary from classical to adult contemporary to classic rock to heavy metal. Some country, but only slower, emotional songs.
Everything written in this post is false.
serrebi
29K to go!

Post by serrebi »

In order of most listened to:
Commercial trance, hardtrance, vocal trance, progressive trance, UK hardcore, donk, cantaditas/hardhouse, rock,/christian rock, pop, and whatever I hear. Really that order changes on a very regular bases. Sometimes the last are the first etc, but it depends.