Horses

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Shadowfax

Horses

Post by Shadowfax »

Does anyone own a horse/s? I would LOVE to have one =P~
Miley Cyrus
Just visiting

Post by Miley Cyrus »

i would LOVE to have a horse , but we dont own enought land and i would have to pay for all of her needs and everything , so it is kind of out of my budget. I do have a dog though!!! her name is Angel and she is a boarder collie / sheltie cross!!! she's adorable!!!
I'm thinking of someone very special right now....=)
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Haha yeah...same! I have two poodles!! Soleil Au Lait, and Montana!
MajorSplendor
Sing in the sunshine

Post by MajorSplendor »

Indeed. I have a horse. Several. Although... they're doubling as beavers these days and eating the bark off of all our trees. :anxious: Not to mention one is an escape artist. :)

Originality is the art of concealing your sources.
Katrina
friends forever
friends forever

Post by Katrina »

:inlove: :I love horses to and I used to want to get a horse for a present. And I wanted to have a horse when I grew up. I have ridden a horse before. But I don't want a horse as much as before.
Katrina
I am an MK and Missionary kids rock!
just a girl!
Scorpion
OK

Post by Scorpion »

I do not have a horse but at least five of my sisters want one :lol: I would prefer to get a lizard or a snake :D
Hope
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

i do not have a horse seeing that i live in the cities... i always wanted one... and i have gone riding before but it was on a trail with a guide...

snakes are really cool... last summer i got to hold a 8 ball python...

but i do i a fish that wont die and i cat by the name of hobbes
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

My fav subjext kinda. Well i dont really own one really. But i say that he is mine since I am the only one that likes him or rides him. He is a saddlebred/ quarter horse. He is bay and is very tall nad he loves to run.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Not me. I had a friend who owned one at one time.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
underdogfan710
Pilgrim

Post by underdogfan710 »

I don't own a horse, but I have ridden one...actually two different horses...several times (it was the summer after fourth grade; I took riding lessons). I do like them, but no more than say...dogs or cats. (I love all animals!) :inlove:

I used to wonder what caused people to LOVE them so much, even though they are pretty standing out in the fields, but riding one was...well...it was breathtaking.

On a side note, during one of my lessons, one of the other horses was getting groomed, and apparently it relaxed him so much he fell asleep and his back half fell to the ground. (Man, that didn't sound right. :anxious: ) Anyway, it made a very loud noise, and startled everyone. You should have seen the poor barn cats! :lol:

He was all right, by the way.
God promises a safe landing, not smooth passage.

:shocking: + :jester: = :mad:
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

I have seen some horses do some crazy things. like my friends horse was trained to rear up on command that was great.
Hope

Post by Hope »

my parents were riding once in a trail group and my dads horse kept on biting my moms horse... i dont remember how it ended but i dont think it was a very good ending
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

I knew a lady that did shoejumping and her horse landed on her and broke almost every bone in her body. That was wierd hearing about.
Life
Popsicle kid

Post by Life »

I am supposedly getting a horse next year when we move. I'm not sure, though. I might not still want one by then. I really want one right now, though. I've always wanted to ride, but I can't...since I don't really have a horse. :anxious:
MajorSplendor
Sing in the sunshine

Post by MajorSplendor »

Life wrote:I am supposedly getting a horse next year when we move. I'm not sure, though. I might not still want one by then. I really want one right now, though. I've always wanted to ride, but I can't...since I don't really have a horse. :anxious:
Is there a barn near you that gives lessons? If so... It's nice to have a few lessons before actually owning a horse. WHat type of horse would you like?

Life
Popsicle kid

Post by Life »

Hah, I haven't thought about any of that, since I didn't know we were moving until two days ago...
MajorSplendor
Sing in the sunshine

Post by MajorSplendor »

Wow! When are you moving? Are you happy about it?

Life
Popsicle kid

Post by Life »

MajorSplendor wrote:Wow! When are you moving? Are you happy about it?
Eh, I'm happy, but I'm not sure if it's absolute yet. So I'm trying not to get my hopes up.
Texan91
Texas or Bust!!!
Texas or Bust!!!

Post by Texan91 »

MajorSplendor wrote:
Life wrote:I am supposedly getting a horse next year when we move. I'm not sure, though. I might not still want one by then. I really want one right now, though. I've always wanted to ride, but I can't...since I don't really have a horse. :anxious:
Is there a barn near you that gives lessons? If so... It's nice to have a few lessons before actually owning a horse. What type of horse would you like?
You have experience with horses?? I'd love to have one, but I have NO money for one...argh!! #-o

](*,)
Texan 4 life!
MajorSplendor
Sing in the sunshine

Post by MajorSplendor »

Texan91 wrote:
MajorSplendor wrote:
Is there a barn near you that gives lessons? If so... It's nice to have a few lessons before actually owning a horse. What type of horse would you like?
You have experience with horses?? I'd love to have one, but I have NO money for one...argh!! #-o

](*,)
Well..if you want to save money, i would not get a horse! :D And in answer to your question, yes, I have had experience. I've taken lessons from three different stables and I've worked for a few. I currently have three horses that I'm training. And my brother has three. :) I love my horses dearly, but they are expensive. heh. :(