Frank's Wedding Expirience

Yet another INTERESTING topic...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Frank wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:You can understand Chinese? :-s

Was it Mandarin or Cantonese?
Only a little (like "big" and "pretty" and "very".) :D ...and they all speak Cantonese.
I presume they were looking at you when they said those words. Otherwise, they could've been talking about one of your brothers. "[He is] very big [and] very pretty." :lol:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Frank wrote:

Only a little (like "big" and "pretty" and "very".) :D ...and they all speak Cantonese.
I presume they were looking at you when they said those words. Otherwise, they could've been talking about one of your brothers. "[He is] very big [and] very pretty." :lol:
Oh...you can tell...everyone looked at me. (Ugh...it doesn't help that I'm taller than most of them at 5'4". Eh.) They think I can't understand anything...and my dad who's Caucasian can understand everything they're saying. (Which makes for fun.) Hmmmmm....
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Chandler wrote:I think I'll open a new wedding service called "Dreams by Chandler." :-k
Catspaw wrote:*starts planning her wedding*
*offers to find a groom for Catspaw* :-
Oh, Chandler, how sweet of you! I'd appreciate that very much! Thanks! \:D/

I think I'd rather have a more traditional wedding than something very interesting but also kind of weird. Maybe not, though - it would be more memorable for all those involved to play the Imperial March, like Top mentioned! That could be cool, but it could just be dumb. It would all depend on the couple, and on their friends and family, I guess.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Frank wrote:(We left at 8am and didn't get home until 5pm.)
Do you mean that it went through the night, it was accross the world from here but you wrote it in USA time, or you meant to say "We left at 8pm and didn't get home until 5am"?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

DanP740 wrote:
Frank wrote:(We left at 8am and didn't get home until 5pm.)
Do you mean that it went through the night, it was accross the world from here but you wrote it in USA time, or you meant to say "We left at 8pm and didn't get home until 5am"?
a.m. is morning and p.m. starts after 12 noon. Is there still any confusion, or is it all clarified now? :)
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Hey Dan, I think she meant that the wedding was here in the States, not overseas, so the time was the real time. (PST I believe)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Frank wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Frank wrote:

Oh...you can tell...everyone looked at me. (Ugh...it doesn't help that I'm taller than most of them at 5'4". Eh.) They think I can't understand anything...and my dad who's Caucasian can understand everything they're saying. (Which makes for fun.) Hmmmmm....
Heh, that would be quite interesting... having your dad translate everything they'd say. It'd be interest to find out exactly what they were saying about you. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Catspaw wrote:
Chandler wrote:I think I'll open a new wedding service called "Dreams by Chandler." :-k
Not a problem! :D

*PM's Shadowpaw* :badgrin:
Ody Sally
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Ody Sally »

That's great Frank! I've only been to some traditional weddings myself... There were a couple cool things at my cousins wedding though. Instead of challenges to make them kiss...you had to donate money. I donated a dollar, heh But it was hilarious when Gma and Gpa put in 50 bucks. (which was the biggest.) And ya know how the bride throws a bouquet? Well the groom threw a football. (they are big football fans.)
I know the feeling, I just hate it when I can hear people talking about me but I don't know what theyr'e saying exactly. :-s
-Oldy Sally
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Catspaw wrote:

I think I'd rather have a more traditional wedding than something very interesting but also kind of weird. Maybe not, though - it would be more memorable for all those involved to play the Imperial March, like Top mentioned! That could be cool, but it could just be dumb. It would all depend on the couple, and on their friends and family, I guess.
Can we have weddings on the ToO?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

DanP740 wrote:Can we have weddings on the ToO?
I suppose we could, but I wonder how appropriate that would be. :-k
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Please save us from such a terrible fate! :pray: I think that actual (or fake) weddings here would be a bit too extreme! :D
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

An actual wedding would be sweet. We could have Pastor Flyah do the honors. :-
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Well, who are you going to marry then, Frank? :-s

Can I be a bridesmaid? :D
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

I'm not marrying anyone....yet.

I thought we were planning yours? \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I think that fell through. :( Top was making plans at one point, but he hasn't mentioned it recently. I think that after somebody (not me!) designated EB as the flower girl, EB has tried to keep Top and I apart. :mecry:
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

That's too bad. I would've loved to be a bridesmaid. :-
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I think that Monday wanted to be a bridesmaid too - both of you can if Top (or anybody else) feels ready to take that big step ! \:D/

I am so afraid at what I post on here sometimes that it's hardly even funny! ](*,)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

What's that I hear...?

Ah yes, it sounds like... WEDDING BELLS!! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Top Crusader wrote:What's that I hear...?

Ah yes, it sounds like... WEDDING BELLS!! \:D/
I hear them too, Top! :inlove: We have so much in common!

:flower: <---This would look great in my bouquet, wouldn't it? \:D/