Frank's Wedding Expirience

Yet another INTERESTING topic...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Frank's Wedding Expirience

Post by Frank »

Today I went to a wedding. It was a spectacular wedding, but I especially wanted to share my expirience with all of you, my dear ToO friends.

Let me set the scene...it was my mother's cousin's wedding...so everyone except a few were Chinese. It took place at a golf resort...we could see the golfers while we watched the ceremony.

Incidently my mother's cousin's name is Frank. \:D/

So...we get there 40 minutes early and get programs and sit down. It's bright and sunny. All the guests arrive and we exchange pleasantries. All the distant relatives that I haven't seen for a year (since the last wedding...) talk about how tall and pretty I am in Chinese. (I can understand what they're saying...they think I can't.) Eh. The golfers are still putting and the sun is very hot. The ceremony starts. We, the audience, are of course facing directly into the sun. Everyone begins to get hot and shades themselves with their programs. There are some hymns and scripture reading. (It is easy to tell that most of the people attending aren't Christian...) Beautiful wedding dress, the groomsmen are getting hot in their suits. Then they read a passage from Colossians 3, "You can read it in your programs with us, in English, Chinese, and for those who are so inclined...it is printed in Elvish around the border." I flip to the page and sure enough...Elvish..=_0. I soon find out that my mother's cousin is a very big LOTR nut...as the ressessional walks down the aisle to "Into the West" or one of those heroic LOTR music selections...I don't know. It was great.

The reception was next. I went to find out where I was to sit in the banquet hall and was informed that I'm sitting at table "Bambi". My mother's cousin Frank is also a Disney nut. (My little cousin's family was sitting at table "Simba".) The meal was wonderful. Roast beef and about 7 different kinds of salad. After we were seated...we were informed that there would be none of this "clinking the glasses to make the bride and groom kiss" stuff...we would have to perform "challenges"...if you succeed to complete the challenge then the bride and groom would kiss for you...and the quality and duration of the kiss would be determined on how well you performed. Ha ha. I thought it was ecceedingly amusing...especially when I learned that each "challenge" was tailored to fit the people assigned to the table.

Here are some examples:

- Come up with two girl's names and two boy's names for future kids that have to be at least four syllables each. (They came up with Elizabeth, Victoria, Napoleon, Alibaba... :D...that got a long kiss.)

- Name the bride and groom's two most popular terms of endearment. (The table guessed Honey and "Carebear"....that only got a peck on the cheek.)

All during this there was Disney music (Or should I say...Mannheim Meets the Mouse) playing...most enjoyable.

The wedding favors were little Chinese take-out boxes that were empty and you could over to this table with tons of bowls of candy (Whoppers, Gummy Oranges, Mints, Raspberry Drops, Caramel Peanut Clusters...etc.) and you could fill up your box with your choice and take it home! What fun! Must remember this for my own wedding.

Then we went home...it was a great day. (We left at 8am and didn't get home until 5pm.) If I forgot something...then I'll post it later...enjoy.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

How.. fascinating. :-

Pray tell... which golf course was this held at? :-k
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

Frank doesn't remember what the golf course was called...the banquet hall was "Wedgewood Banquet Center"...and it was in the city of Rohnert Park...I think....should Google it.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Sounds unusually enjoyable. Reminds me of the wedding I went to that was performed to rock music, with the groomsmen dancing down the isle, and a fake ring given to the bride. Yes, that really happened. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a wedding.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Aww... too bad.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Wow! You guys sure have been to interesting weddings!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

You can understand Chinese? :-s

Was it Mandarin or Cantonese?

All in all, it sounded like a splendid wedding. :lol:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Elvish! *makes mental note to do that at own wedding in the future* Anyway, it must have been one great wedding... :)
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Intresting wedding...

Me I would love to go to a wedding with a danacing Groom and rock music.

I haven't been to any werid weddings like that I have been to some pretty funny funnerals. As in after the service not during the service.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Ooo! I adore the chinese take-out box idea! And I actually know how to make them! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

What a cool wedding! \:D/ I haven't been to many weddings, but they've all been fairly boring. This one sounded like it was fun! I'm glad that you had a good time, Frank! :D

*starts planning her wedding*
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I once went to a wedding where the groom ran out of the church with bride riding piggy back on the groom's shoulder when they exited.

Only like three people knew beforehand that he was going to do it. Needless to say, the bride's parents weren't exactly thrilled.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Dr. Watson wrote:I once went to a wedding where the groom ran out of the church with bride riding piggy back on the groom's shoulder when they exited.

Only like three people knew beforehand that he was going to do it. Needless to say, the bride's parents weren't exactly thrilled.

That's horrid!
At one wedding I went to, the groomsmen pretended that they couldn't find the ring. The groom was sweating a little. ;-) And during the whole wedding cerimony, one of the groomsmen (the groom's brother) chewed gum through the whole thing! :anxious:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I think I'll open a new wedding service called "Dreams by Chandler." :-k
Catspaw wrote:*starts planning her wedding*
*offers to find a groom for Catspaw* :-
Monday wrote:At one wedding I went to, the groomsmen pretended that they couldn't find the ring. The groom was sweating a little. ;-)
Haha, I witnessed a similar experience. When the time came for the ring, the best man looked around and then whispered to the guy next to him and they went down the line. The man at the end ran and grabbed something from behind a pew...

A box of Crackerjacks! :lol:

The groomsmen then proceeded to each take a bite, passing it down the row. :hilarious:

At the end, the best man magically found the ring inside and handed it to the groom. All in a day's work. :-
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Oh man, that's hilarious! Why doesn't Conan or somebody get ahold of this material. It has great potential.....
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

You guys sure have experienced cool weddings! I've only ever been to boring ones...

I love the Craker Jack thing! That's so funny!!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Chandler wrote:I think I'll open a new wedding service called "Dreams by Chandler." :-k
Catspaw wrote:*starts planning her wedding*
*offers to find a groom for Catspaw* :-
Monday wrote:At one wedding I went to, the groomsmen pretended that they couldn't find the ring. The groom was sweating a little. ;-)
Haha, I witnessed a similar experience. When the time came for the ring, the best man looked around and then whispered to the guy next to him and they went down the line. The man at the end ran and grabbed something from behind a pew...

The groomsmen then proceeded to each take a bite, passing it down the row. :hilarious:

At the end, the best man magically found the ring inside and handed it to the groom. All in a day's work. :-
Heh-heh that is great.
...I hate marquees.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Frank's wedding experience sounds kind of similar to a friend of mine's wedding I was in last fall. Had LOTR and Star Wars music for it and stuff. He came out to something from LOTR and the bride came down to the Anakin and Padme theme (whatever it's called), and at the end they exited to "The Imperial March". :D It was a "themed" wedding so me and the other groomsmen had to dress like squires, though... :(
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Chandler wrote:

I would be so mad if that was my wedding! :anxious:
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

Trent DeWhite wrote:You can understand Chinese? :-s

Was it Mandarin or Cantonese?
Only a little (like "big" and "pretty" and "very".) :D ...and they all speak Cantonese.