Sunburn

I hate it

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Sunburn

Post by J-man »

I just got a really bad sunburn while I was watching a soccer game. Does anyone else have sunburn problems?
...I hate marquees.
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

I dont have really bad sunburn problems but I did get burned last saturday while I was at the beach. both my sholders. but it was like my first burn in years and years
Image [img]
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Oh my word, I get sunborns so easy. I have to have really high sunscreen. 45.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I got a bad sunburn last week when I was earning real $$ doing gardning for my grandfather. My shoulders were bright red. Now at least they don't hurt anymore, but they are peeling. Sunburn is not very much fun, that's for sure! But if I do get one, the best way to treat it is that aloe vera stuff. That stuff works magic!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I hate them when I get them but I'm glad though because I don't get them much.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I also sunburn really easily. I have to work myself up to being outdoors, and then I am okay...but if I haven't acclimated myself and I stay outdoors even a smidge too long, hello burn! ](*,) I also have 45 SPF.....
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

I get sunburns really easily, but I haven't gotten one for a long time because I haven't been in the sun much recently.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I don't burn easily. Even so, I'm inside most of the time.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

J-man wrote:I just got a really bad sunburn while I was watching a soccer game. Does anyone else have sunburn problems?
Well, at least you didn't have to do any running. I reffed eight games last weekend... got a rather noticeable facial sunburn from it. :o

But I learned my lesson and put sunscreen today... knew I was going to be in the sun for at least three hours. #-o
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I burn fairly easily, and never tan nicely. :( I hate sunburns - I hope yours isn't too bad, J-Man! I don't spend much time outside, if I can help it, so I usually only burn once or twice a summer. I hate wearing sunscreen, which is also a problem.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I don't sunburn...I tan! Thank the Lord! \:D/
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Something tells me that here shortly I will be very familiar with sunburn............out in the sun for eight to ten hours a day............and as far as sunscreen.......who has the time to put that junk on (besides I've read stories that sunscreen can cause skin cancer just as easily as the sun does).

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

The only time I really had a bad sunburn was when we were on vacation is Switzerland. We didn't think about the fact that you get sunburned on the top of a mountain, even when it's the dead of winter. So, all of our faces were extremely red, and very sunburned. It was totally humiliating, especially when we had to go back to the place we were staying, and go to supper. Everyone was looking at us. It was terrible! And, to make matters worse, I had to have my passport picture taken right after we got back to Germany. So, I don't look too great on my passport picture.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I don't sunburn very easily, but when I do it's so incredibly painfully annoying. >_< Also, freckles.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

a few weeks ago..i got a mjor sunburn on my shoulders. it hurt so bad..but then it started to peel..and peel..and peel. grrr.. ](*,)
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I don't get sunburned very easily. But I do get tanned- and not in that pleasant way either. When I get tanned the tan looks like...hmm...well, it simply looks ugly. I always use sunscreen at the beach. ^_^
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

And I thought I had it bad. My little brother and sister got it on their backs and shoulders from swimming yesterday. It was in the 90's in the sun. :-
...I hate marquees.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Elf of Rivendell wrote:I don't get sunburned very easily. But I do get tanned- and not in that pleasant way either. When I get tanned the tan looks like...hmm...well, it simply looks ugly. I always use sunscreen at the beach. ^_^
Farmer tans aren't supposed to look pretty. :noway:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I was playing volleyball near the beach for a couple of hours without wearing sunscreen...before which I was at the beach. It was a farmer tan-swimsuit tan hybrid. ;)
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Elf of Rivendell wrote:I was playing volleyball near the beach for a couple of hours without wearing sunscreen...before which I was at the beach. It was a farmer tan-swimsuit tan hybrid. ;)
Yikes. :-s

I wouldn't care so much about my tan if I didn't work at the swimming pool. It looks really weird when your teacher has this bizarre tan. :anxious: