AIO Live Show in Colorado Springs

Aug 16, 2008

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Will you go to the live show recording?

Yes
24%
Probably, there's a good chance
4%
Maybe, there's an ok chance
7%
Probably not, but there's a longshot chance
26%
No
39%

Total votes: 72

Taq
A great mapmaker

AIO Live Show in Colorado Springs

Post by Taq »

According to the newest (29th) edition of the UAIO Podcast, the Odyssey team will record at least one show (perhaps 2) in front of a live audience on 8/16/08 in CO. It's an amazing opportunity. Realistically, however, I probably won't attend unless I won the trip from this contest, which someone already posted somewhere on here.

So are any of you ToO citizens thinking of making the trek this summer?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This does sound like an awesome event! I was able to attend FOTF's 25th anniversary celebration years ago and saw a live taping of an AIO episode then, which was beyond cool, and I would really love to be able to go to this event too. However, I don't know how feasible it's going to be for me to actually go. If I can possibly go, I definitely will!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I was able to go to a live recording once (great experience! :D) and I'd love to be able to go to another! \:D/
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I wish I could. :( Unfortunately, I'll be in Germany... A bit too far to travel. :boohoo:
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Taq wrote:According to the newest (29th) edition of the UAIO Podcast, the Odyssey team will record at least one show (perhaps 2) in front of a live audience on 8/16/08 in CO. It's an amazing opportunity. Realistically, however, I probably won't attend unless I won the trip from this contest, which someone already posted somewhere on here.

*jumps up and down*

By golly, I might actually be able to make that! That's right before I have to go back to school, but that weekend should work!

The only problem I can forsee is gas/travel costs, but at the end of the summer I should have quite a bit of money in the bank.

edit--After conferring with my parents, and checking googlemaps to see if I could make the drive in one day (I can!) I am so going. Definitely, planning on it, this is exciting \:D/
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Unfortunately I will be probably be stuck in jolly old england but there is always a possibility.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I am officially going!!!!! Baring any tragedy or unforeseen happenings! My grandparents and I will road trip it out there from WA state and then after everything is done, I will catch a plane out of Denver to get back to school which starts the 18th - yes I know I'm cutting it close, but this is worth it! :D:D:D:D

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ x 42!!!!
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Probably not...it would be SOOO neat though. The only way I would be able to go is if I won the contest. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Probably not. I would love to go though
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

I'm going to be learning how to drive over the summer, which may take quite a while...so I'm afraid I won't be able to go. :-k
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I seriously doubt it. :displeased:
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

I wish, but sadly there is almost no chance in the world that I would be able to go. :mope:
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Why are Canadians NEVER eligible for contests? :-s
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

If I had to guess, I'd say it probably has something to do with the exchange rate. Doesn't matter which dollar is stronger, that's just a hassle to deal with from the view of those running the contest.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Well I did just get my a license a few months ago :-

Road Trip!

Honestly, I doubt I'll go but it would be amazing if I had the chance, perhaps I'll pray that I win the contest. :pray:
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I won't be able to go, but I'm excited for all the ToOers who get the opportunity! :D
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I'm going to do my best to attend... but still no guarantees. :(
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I might, there's an okay chance that I'll go, it's right in between two events that we have to go to that are out of town. But, we'll be thirty-five minutes from it during that time so we'll see. \:D/
Last edited by Danadelfos on Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

Jonathan wrote:
Taq wrote:According to the newest (29th) edition of the UAIO Podcast, the Odyssey team will record at least one show (perhaps 2) in front of a live audience on 8/16/08 in CO. It's an amazing opportunity. Realistically, however, I probably won't attend unless I won the trip from this contest, which someone already posted somewhere on here.

*jumps up and down*

By golly, I might actually be able to make that! That's right before I have to go back to school, but that weekend should work!

The only problem I can forsee is gas/travel costs, but at the end of the summer I should have quite a bit of money in the bank.

edit--After conferring with my parents, and checking googlemaps to see if I could make the drive in one day (I can!) I am so going. Definitely, planning on it, this is exciting \:D/
well seeing that you will have two passengers i think the cost will be a little less then what you orginally planned... meaning i will be joining him...Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love my brother.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Hope wrote:well seeing that you will have two passengers i think the cost will be a little less then what you orginally planned... meaning i will be joining him...Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love my brother.
Might have two passengers.