Graduation is comin up..

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Anyone graduating in your family?

uuh..i am..
29%
my sibling..
14%
No, nobody in my family is graduating.
57%

Total votes: 21

pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Graduation is comin up..

Post by pianokitty »

My sister is graduating [from high school] later today. yesterday was the graduation dinner for family and friends..and i pretty much cried my eyes out. i'll miss her a lot.. what bout you?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Nobody is in our family. Last year my oldest brother graduated from college, and both Watson and I graduated from high school. So this year is pretty quiet in the graduation department.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I was thinking of starting something like this only hours ago.

The great Bennett Charles is graduating on the 28th of June...followed by a magical prom on the 30th.

If anyone has been planning to shoot me or anything, then that'll be my location on those days.

BC
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Nope, there is nobody graduating in this family, but in two years, you ask me again. My sis will have graduated, and I will be crying!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I graduate on the 16th! It's about time. I'm coming to loathe Freshmen (wouldn't you if you had to TA for them, and they are disrespectful of your authority?).

*packs uzi and heads to Bennett's prom*
Agent DeWhite
Tallying up

Post by Agent DeWhite »

3 friends of mine are graduating. Wait. One good friend, one friend and one acquantance! Anybody got any good gift ideas?
What do you do when your nose goes on strike?
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

One of my first cousins graduated last sunday.
...I hate marquees.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I seriously started a topic just like this...and then I found this one. I will request that mine be locked. I graduate from high school on the 21st of this month. YAHOO!!!! but alas, I am not going to prom. I have no date and am very depressed about that fact. So if I am moping around here next Saturday, that is why. :mecry:
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

JesusFreak777 wrote:I seriously started a topic just like this...and then I found this one. I will request that mine be locked. I graduate from high school on the 21st of this month. YAHOO!!!! but alas, I am not going to prom. I have no date and am very depressed about that fact. So if I am moping around here next Saturday, that is why. :mecry:
Yeah, that whole 'No Date' thing really bumbs out a bunch of people from going. Still though, you should deffinatly reconsider, because, most likely, you will regret it afterwards. Besides, aside from the dance, you don't really need one...(dance with your friends!)

Do I have a date? (thank you for asking :D ) Why, am I not the great Bennett Charles? Of course... \:D/

BC
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I actually assumed you had a date from your earlier post. I know I could go single, but I dont; wanna buy my own ticket. Gotta save money for college. Plus, I already went single/ with a group of friends to our Winter formal. It was ok. But you can't go single at prom. It's PROM for Pete's sakes. Oh well. I prayed about it (yes I realize how rediculous that sounds) and I guess I am ok with not going. i'm not a huge school dance person, I was almost forced to go to winter. I just kinda wanted to go to this one...oh well. :mecry: I'm done whining now. It's safe to come back.

Ok sorry about getting us off topic here.

Oh and have a wonderful time BC. Have fun for me.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I didn't go to prom either. But that's just because I didn't want to. I hung out with a bunch of friends and played video games.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I don't really remember anybody not going to our Graduation Banquet when I graduated... and I did so with 600+ other people!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I'm graduating... no more high school for me. :mecry:

My homeschooling group has annual ceremonies for JH and HS graduates. I'm supposed to come up with a speech.

:thud:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

I graduate on the 9th. My graduation party is the 11th. You're all invited!
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I just graduated form high school today! Woohoo!

And I did go to Prom. However, it is not your typical Prom. I attend a quite small Christian school (well, not anymore, *sniff*); 26 seniors are in the graduating class. Prom is a cruise with grades 9-12. About a third of my class brought dates; I, of course, went stag. There was gourmet food and ugh, dancing with secular music. For a Christian school, the music is surprisingly secular, and I was one of the only people who didn't listen to secular music and didn't dance.

But enough of that. I have my diploma; bring on college!
...after a relaxing summer, of course.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

David O wrote:I graduate on the 9th. My graduation party is the 11th. You're all invited!
I'll come to the party.. ;)
...I hate marquees.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

No one in my family gratuating this year.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I'm graduating next year... (presumably.)
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I rented my Tux today... O:)

BC
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

well..my sister graduated yesterday :huh: it was a bitter-sweet day. i'll prolly get to visit her everynow and then cause shes going to college somewhat nearby and 2 of my friend' brothers are going to the same college.