Storm

We are having a storm here

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Heat storms? :-s
yeah, well, that's what i call them. I'm not sure what the actual name for them is. What i mean when i say that is that it's been thundering and lightening because of the hot, dry weather we've been having.

it's been unseasonably warm. my friend said that she heard that we were the hottest place in the U.S. the other day, which may not seem weird, but i live in upstate NY.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

We've had storms for the last few days.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

We had a storm here last night that turned off the electricity--right when I was on ToO! :cry:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Dr. Watson wrote:We had a storm here last night that turned off the electricity--right when I was on ToO! :cry:
How devastating! :mecry:
dancer02248 wrote:yeah, well, that's what i call them. I'm not sure what the actual name for them is. What i mean when i say that is that it's been thundering and lightening because of the hot, dry weather we've been having.
Ah, dry thunderstorms. I've never witnessed one. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Frank wrote:It's summer here....no storms. And it's also beautiful CA...so the only weather that we ever have is "nice".
Except for that little tsunami warning that you had last night. :-

Even if it was proven false. :-$
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

We're having a big storm here right now! I even heard there's a tornado warning! :thud:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This morning around 8 we had a thunderstorm, and we had a tornado warning! It was kind of scary, because that usually doesn't happen where I live. However, it eventually blew over, and nothing serious happened.

Chandler, in case something bad happens, you have seen McGee and Me's Twister and Shout, right? ;) The knowledge that I gained there, as well as the song that I can at least sing half of, was going to be what got me through a tornado! ;)
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Oh my goodness. We just had the most amaizng storm. The sun was setting and the couds were awesome. THere was sheet lightning and everything! The big real lightning hit later as did thunder that lasted forever. It was awesome.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Catspaw wrote:Chandler, in case something bad happens, you have seen McGee and Me's Twister and Shout, right? ;) The knowledge that I gained there, as well as the song that I can at least sing half of, was going to be what got me through a tornado! ;)
Yes, I have seen it. \:D/ A long time ago. :oops:

The storm really was quite amazing. It was a bright sunny day here and then suddenly clouds came rolling in. Lightning started flashing in the darkened areas while the sun continued shining in the blue sky. Then it started pouring rain but amazing enough, even before the rain started, there was a large rainbow visible in the sky. I was taking a movie of the rainbow and I got a huge lightning flash right in the middle of it. :D There was quite a show when it got dark. Huge bolts of lightening streaking across the sky and rain coming down in sheets...

It's all gone this morning and it's a nice day outside. :)

Oh, and no tornado either. *sighs in relief* :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm glad that you didn't have a tornado! It was kind of like that here, too - it was nice all day Saturday, early Sunday morning it was really stormy, and by noon it was beautiful again! \:D/
Me
An original

Post by Me »

We had a crazy thunderstorm last night. We were going to get pizza and happened to look at the sky. The first thing we saw was a flash of lightning. Then we noticed a rainbow. Outside of the rainbow, the sky was light brown. Inside, it was dark brown, fading to dark red, sort of like a gradient. With the sky like this, there was an awesome thunderstorm. So much fun. The only downside is that I didn't have a camera to capture the moment.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

wait a second..we had a tornado warning?!?!?!?! ACK!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I thought it looked like that kind of weather Chandler and Me but someone said that it wasn't possible. THank you for proving me correct. At least itdidn't happen. I really realyl want that footage Chandler. I was so bummed I didn't have a camera.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

JesusFreak777 wrote:wait a second..we had a tornado warning?!?!?!?! ACK!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I thought it looked like that kind of weather Chandler and Me but someone said that it wasn't possible. THank you for proving me correct. At least itdidn't happen. I really realyl want that footage Chandler. I was so bummed I didn't have a camera.
Yes, there was a warning. :anxious:
It really was a strange storm wasn't it? So hot yesterday and then it starts pouring... wonder how the weatherman would classify is? :-k

I'm not experienced in how to edit movies and send them but I'll see about doing it. :)
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I think it is what was being described earlier as a "heat storm." We don't get those very often. It was awesome. Hmm not sure I can be much help there though Chandler. Maybe Me can guide you through it...
Me
An original

Post by Me »

It all depends on the camera format, the connections, and the software...

I forgot to mention that the building we were in got hit, or something close to it did. There was a huge flash in the room, and the sound of popping electronics. We thought the xbox had been destroyed, but we turned it back on, and it worked. Good thing too, since it wasn't ours.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

:shock:

You could've been zapped! :shocking:

Is there any way for someone without expensive video editing programs to edit the movie so there's no more sound attached to the file?
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Probably. What software do you have access to?
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Heh, heh... whatever came with my camera. It's a Canon. :-k
Jeffro
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Jeffro »

Right now it is nice and sunny. (Although when we were in Minnesota my grandma got shocked from turning a fan on in an electrical storm.)
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Chandler wrote:Heh, heh... whatever came with my camera. It's a Canon. :-k
Lol. Does it have a name?