where have you lived

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Tractor107
Tallying up

where have you lived

Post by Tractor107 »

Okay this is just to find out if everybody's stayed in the same place all their life or if theyv'e moved. I'm a military brat and I've moved plenty of times. Although I don't like moving I think...scratch that...I know that God is using my dad. Where ever we go he meets new people and so do I. The Army may be tough but it has it's ups and downs.
1 Timothy 4:12 "Do not let anyone look down onn you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in life, in speech, in love, in purity, and in faith."
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I'm also a military brat and have moved everywhere. I think it is a lot of fun though. My family loves to travel and see different places.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I lived in Georgia all my life. :(
MajorSplendor
Sing in the sunshine

Post by MajorSplendor »

Well...I'm not a military brat, but I have moved about 6 or 7 times. Hopefully this will be it for a while. :)

Originality is the art of concealing your sources.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I've moved 4 times in my life...all within the state of Virginia. Eastern side twice, central once, and now we're on the western side for the second time. :) I'm just happy that we haven't had to live in Northern VA. *shudder* Big cities... :noway:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
MajorSplendor
Sing in the sunshine

Post by MajorSplendor »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I've moved 4 times in my life...all within the state of Virginia. Eastern side twice, central once, and now we're on the western side for the second time. :) I'm just happy that we haven't had to live in Northern VA. *shudder* Big cities... :noway:
I feel your pain. We lived in the central virginia area for a few years. When we first got there it was woods with a few stores, now it's built up to be a small city! I hate passing through there now.

Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

I am no Military Brat, but I've moved my share of times. This one coming up will be... *counts* near 23, methinks. :-s

I just need to visit 4 states in the USA, and get off the continent and I'll have completed one of my life-long goals. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
iKate
Tallying up

Post by iKate »

I've lived in Arkansas my whole life :( but I've moved about 8 times..
..............~...........
[♥]Writer>4<Life[♥]
.............~............
Tractor107
Tallying up

Post by Tractor107 »

Yes, as my subject states, my dad was moved to Alaska. It was my most favorite spot to live. We lived there only 3 years, but we did everything, like hunting, canoeing, hiking, and panning for gold. My most favorite moment was going hunting for moose wigth my dad. Moose are huge!! They stand about 7 feet tall (even the females) and they can easily walk through deep snow. Snow is the best part of Alaska! Having snow on the ground from November until March is awesome! My favorite thing to do in the snow was to sled
1 Timothy 4:12 "Do not let anyone look down onn you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in life, in speech, in love, in purity, and in faith."
Mincy
Smile for the camera

Post by Mincy »

I've moved enough in my life. Started in Prince Gorge BC, moved to the lights 1 year later, lived on the lights for about 8 years, moved back to Prince Gorge less than a year, moved back to the lights for over 5 years and I now live on a light in Quatsino Sound, So I'm pritty much a Light House Girl through and through.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I've moved about 13 times...and lived in 5 different states. And no, I'm not a military brat, as most people ask when I tell them that. I've lived in a variety of environments... from a huge ranch that my dad worked on, to a small town of 1800 people, to Phoenix, AZ \:D/

I much prefer the country and/or small towns :p
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Tractor107 wrote:Yes, as my subject states, my dad was moved to Alaska. It was my most favorite spot to live. We lived there only 3 years, but we did everything, like hunting, canoeing, hiking, and panning for gold. My most favorite moment was going hunting for moose wigth my dad. Moose are huge!! They stand about 7 feet tall (even the females) and they can easily walk through deep snow. Snow is the best part of Alaska! Having snow on the ground from November until March is awesome! My favorite thing to do in the snow was to sled
Sounds cool! I want to go there...
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I was born in Mississippi and lived there for 6 years and now live here.
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

I used to live on the other side of the city from birth to when I was about 3.

Then we moved about 10 minutes away to the house that I'm currently living in. I had my 4th birthday only a few weeks after we moved. \:D/ This June, we will have been living here for 11 years!

God really has blessed us with not having to move multiple times.
*returns*
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

A box, a bigger box, the INTERNET, and now here...

-Robo
Life
Popsicle kid

Post by Life »

I was born in my house, and I've lived here ever since then.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

My parents moved when I was a mere 9 months old, and after that I lived in one place until I went off to college.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I was born in Ohio, moved to Tennessee, then Texas and then back to Ohio- and have been here for like...10 years.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

We lived in Quebec but moved to where I currently live when I was young.
Since then, we've moved a bit, but have stayed in the same state. I personally like moving around, as it's exciting to see new places and meet new people. \:D/
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
MajorSplendor
Sing in the sunshine

Post by MajorSplendor »

Pseudonym wrote:We lived in Quebec but moved to where I currently live when I was young.
Since then, we've moved a bit, but have stayed in the same state. I personally like moving around, as it's exciting to see new places and meet new people. \:D/
I have some family that live in Quebec and Ontario. How long did you live in Quebec?