Nasuli Flashflood

it came when the rain overflowed the spring

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Katrina
friends forever
friends forever

Nasuli Flashflood

Post by Katrina »

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/74499/Torre ... doro-Aklan

http://www.bukidnon.gov.ph/images/nasuli.jpg
http://www.maplandia.com/philippines/re ... asuli/add/
okay hear is my story called

THE MOST DANGEROUS,EXITING, AND LIFE THREATING NIGHT

Well During Christmas break just two days ago we went to Nasuli and lots of kids were their we had fun that night at the meeting hall then me my sister Jenny, our friend Liz and our friend Laling decided to go to Laling's house on the way back Liz decided to go in the puddle but we had no idea the curent was so strong. Before we went to Laling's house we were playing in the rain a little bit. But Liz said "Lets go play in the puddle it was about 11:00 at night and so we decided to jump into it. At first we were having fun but then the current got stronger and Jenny slipped and she pulled Laling with her. Along with Laling came Liz when Laling dragged Liz I held on to a tree and its a good thing I did. Also the water was really deep, it even made our car start floating off and two other cars but its a good thing knowone in Nasuli died.

Anyway when they slipped I thaught they were still having fun and then Liz screamed "Jessie" I was so silly I thought Liz wanted me to come have fun with her and then I realized that they wern't having fun anymore and so I just held onto the tree because I didn't know what else to do I started praying and I was so dum though because I didn't even think to climb the tree and I started screaming "Jenny, Liz, Laling! I had no idea where they were then the gaurd came and he was motioning to me and I had no idea what he said but I thaught he said to float down stream and so I did

I thought that the flood was throughought the whole Nasuli center but of course it wasnt because Nasuli is not flat. I started screaming when I was near aunt Joan's house because I was so tired of swimming,and I almost drowned because I couldn't swim anymore even though it didn't take that long to swim to aunt Joan's house because it is a small SIL center and they were shining their lights on me and said to hold on to the fence but I yelled "I can't" because it was to far and then I grabed on to a green mango tree and like 3 minuts after I was yelling help when I was in the mango tree Micah who was 19 now and Arjee came to my rescue. They carried me back. Micah had just arrived back to Nasuli that night but he didn't no the flood was so bad.

I found out Laling had floated all the way down past the fence, to the suger cane. She was with her german shepherd dog Bruce though and Jenny was with Liz so Jenny and Liz came out of the water quick. When Laling was floating in the water she was saying "Save my umbrella save Bruce" it was funny she didn't even care about herself, she wanted people to save her umbrella instead of herself.

Aunt Enna's house started to move durring the flashflood it was a scarry time for everyone but thankfully God kept us safe and knowone was hurt. But the water went all the way to the first floor of some houses. Their was no injuries of anyone in Nasuli. Praise the Lord! That night me, Liz,Laling, and Jenny slept at Laling's granny's house because we couln't go to the guest house where we were all going to sleep. In the first place because thats where alot of the flood was but Laling's house was on a hill So we were all safe.

Their were people behind the fence and in Bankidnun who lost their lives. At least 6 people lost there lives. I am glad the Lord kept all of us in Nasuli safe and sound. We are a Christain family in the Lord he kept every one of us safe. So I say thanks to God our heavenly father expeacilay.
We all couldn't sleep for a long time that night because we all had stories to share and we were talking about the flood. But over my whole 14 years of my life Nasuli is still my Forever Home sweet Home.

I ask for prayer for everyone. Expeacily the ones who got the worst of the flood behind the fence. I no I have been rambiling on for a while but it was a tramatic experience. Okay I am hear in Davao now because my parents thaught we should go back since had a tramatic experience and I needed to get back into the rotine. I needed to sleep better and eat better, and I needed to take a type of medicine and I needed to soak so I am hear in Davao city still in Mindano but I am really upset because everyone gets to be in Nasuli and have fun tongight and tommarow night and Jenny to because she didn't have a very tramatic expereince so she is still staying at Laling's house. I also need prayer to because I have been really depresed but I'll tell you about it later. I don't no what I would do without my three friends Jenny,Laling and Liz so thanks guys :hug:

Thankyou all on the Town of Odyssey for your suppoort if you have been praying your prayers mean a lot to me. Thank you to you all but expecically thanks to Sarah to JesusFreak777 because through her post about going blind and what she says on the podcasts she has encouraged me to trust God no matter what and her Faith is so encouraging. That I rememberd to Trust God while I was in the flood. So thankyou expeacilly Sarah :hug:

Love you all :hug: :hug: :hug:

and good night
In Jesus Christ
Jessie
10:35 P:M
Last edited by Katrina on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:44 am, edited 13 times in total.
Katrina
I am an MK and Missionary kids rock!
just a girl!
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Wow, ya'll sure went through a lot. I'll be praying for you!
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Wow, that was scary! I'll pray for you. :pray: I'm glad you told us that story from your POV.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Katrina
friends forever
friends forever

Post by Katrina »

huh so where you in the flood haystock :?
Katrina
I am an MK and Missionary kids rock!
just a girl!
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

XD No. I just like to hear about stories in the news from somebody who actually lived through it.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings