A Series Of Unfortunate Events

Talk about it here!

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")

Do You Like "A Series Of Unfortunate Events"

Yes- I love it!
62%
So-So
31%
No- I hate it!
8%

Total votes: 13

Aslan
Smile for the camera

A Series Of Unfortunate Events

Post by Aslan »

What do you think of the book series or the movie

I really have enjoyed the books, I mean their not the greatest series in the world but there darn good. I also really enjoyed the movie too!

What is your favorite book in the series?
What do you think of the series?

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

A Series of Unfortunate Events:

-I attempted to read them, but i sort of got lost in the middle..
-I read the 1st through about 11, but i really wanted to know what VFD was, that i got all messed up in the book, and had to start over, but after that i just lost interest, bcuz i got so deep and i didn't have a clue what was going on in it!!
-my cousins have read them all, but i want to, but I'm afraid that I'll have missed something by taking a big break in b*tween reading. so then I'll just be making my chances of understanding it even harder!! #-o
-i have seen the movie and didn't think much of it. i liked Jim Carrey and everything, but it just didn't seem like they actually read the book, and actually made the movie after. Am i making any sense?!?!?
-A series of Unfortunate Events is overall cool. I should read them again and then get back to you...in...maybe...a while... :anxious:

-my favorite book may be the one in that ice place. yeah.. no idea which one it is...
querida
I've been here a bit

Post by querida »

My dad starting reading me these books when I was only seven and we got through the first five and then he stopped because he felt that they were to depressing... :? and then I read them by myself. I was really disappointed by the movie, however, because it was drastically dissimilar to the books. I think my favorite one is probably the Grim Grotto, which is number 11 I think....
maybe its not the destination, maybe it's the journey

<3 Dasey <3
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

lol, I was just thinking about theese, anyway, A Series of Unfortunate Events was one of my favorite book serieses (how do you spell the plural of series?). I did read them all the way through. They were great.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

Sometimes the books can seem the same, but there still amazing! \:D/

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

Aslan wrote:Sometimes the books can seem the same, but there still amazing! \:D/
yeah. they all have the same basic plot. but, you know, like you said, they are still pretty sweet! O:)
Crazy 4 Pugs
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Crazy 4 Pugs »

I love the books. I like the author's tongue-in-cheek writing style. Some things are almost cliche- like how all the villains are uneducated, but I think that's part of the charm of the series. However, I did NOT like the movie. The plot was fairly similar to that of the books, but it only covered like the first 3 books. It would have been cool if they would have made a sequel, but I think the actor/actresses who play the Baudelaires are too old now.
Um, I guess this is where I'm supposed to say something funny or interesting.
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

Love them! I never read the last one because I never wanted it to end. Also I heard it wasn't good so I aslo didn't read it out of fear of disappoint ment. Favorite Book? "The Slippery Slope".
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Konservative Kid wrote:Love them! I never read the last one because I never wanted it to end. Also I heard it wasn't good so I aslo didn't read it out of fear of disappoint ment. Favorite Book? "The Slippery Slope".
You have got to read it, it is pretty good.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?