Why was will ryan gone?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Why was will ryan gone?

Post by EK »

Why was he gone anyway I never got this part.
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

I don't think you really want to know, but the several versions I have heard all Portray both Will Ryan and FOTF in a favorable light, upholding principle over profit. I think all around it was probably handled the best way possible, and they got Will back on the show as fast as possible. There was some for a while there, but I'm just glad he's back, sadly I wish Pam Hayden could have returned as well as Katrina, but I think if she ever can do AIO again, she'll at least bring us the classic Doris Rathbone.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Yeah, i can't say i really likek the "new" Katrina.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

wht don't they ever release the details about stuff like that? They never tell us why will left and they wont tell us why Pam left.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Most likely because the circumstances surrounding Will Ryan's departure were something the AIO staff felt shouldn't be public information. I'm sure they did their best to keep him, but it simply wasn't to be... I'm just glad he's finally back. :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Most likely because the circumstances surrounding Will Ryan's departure were something the AIO staff felt shouldn't be public information. I'm sure they did their best to keep him, but it simply wasn't to be... I'm just glad he's finally back. :)
well now that hes back i think they should tell us i fell like there hinding something big when they don't tell us things like that.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

MDB17 wrote:wht don't they ever release the details about stuff like that? They never tell us why will left and they wont tell us why Pam left.
Quite frankly it's none of our business. As far as I'm concerned that's between Focus and the actors. If they felt we should know I'm sure they would tell us, but they haven't.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

dawningoftime wrote:
MDB17 wrote:wht don't they ever release the details about stuff like that? They never tell us why will left and they wont tell us why Pam left.
Quite frankly it's none of our business. As far as I'm concerned that's between Focus and the actors. If they felt we should know I'm sure they would tell us, but they haven't.
My thoughts exactly.
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

Laurie wrote:
dawningoftime wrote:
My thoughts exactly.
idk, I feel like we should have a right to know, but I'm just curious. The same thing happened with our youth pastor. They told him to leave the youth ministry but didn't tell us why.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

We have a right to know. The point is FOTF and the AIO staff have not told us and they may or may not want to. They may feel that it is none of our business. The other reason might be that Will Ryan does not want us to know perhaps for the very reasons mentioned above. Now that he is back, do we really need to know? It's old news now. I honestly think that if they were going to, or even wanted to tell us they would have done so.
Fletcher
Hexadecimal teenager
Location: Smallville, Kansas, with regular commutes to Odyssey, Ohio

Post by Fletcher »

Shadowpaw did say he was writing an article on Eugene's return which contained the reason for Eugene's departure, so I guess we'll know eventually.
EUGENE IS BACK!!!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I don't think that we have a right to know about other people's personal lives, just because we like a fictional character that they play on a radio drama. I would love to know why we were deprived of Eugene for so long, but it really isn't any of my business. Will Ryan deserves to have a personal life.

If we ever get the full story, that will be nice to know, but nobody owes us any details - we just want them.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

The reason for Will Ryan's departure is far less dramatic than it sounds... my article explores it, very briefly, but I don't want to hype it up to be this huge revelation when it's really nothing big. The article is due out this month, and I'm actually working on it as we speak ;).