Watermelon

How do you eat yours?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Watermelon

Post by Catspaw »

I thought of this because I just ate a big piece of watermelon a few minutes ago! I think that I probably eat mine differently than some people - I use a plate, a knife, and a fork, and cut the watermelon into bite-size or so pieces, and then pick the seeds out of each piece before I eat it, using the fork to hold the piece and the knife to remove seeds. I hate biting into seeds! I would rather confidently put a piece of watermelon in my mouth and chew it, instead of barely munching at the piece in my mouth, not wanting to bite down on a seed.

So, am I weird? Or are there other people out there who do more than just bite and spit? ;)
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

i hate seeds in watermellon, often i eat the small white seeds, but i don't like the big ones. I just don't have enough self-control to wait and cut it all up....i just dig in. or sometimes my Dad will take a watermellon and cut it up and put it in a tupperware, so that we don't have to bother!! :yum:
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I don't. :noway: Well...very rarely anyway. And when I do, it's in very small pieces, with absolutely NO seeds. :assault:

The smiley was a dare.
Last edited by Linne on Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I don't really lke watermelon that much, but when I do eat it I chow down..
...I hate marquees.
One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Post by One I Froggy »

watermelon is one of my favorite foods of all time. Its so yummy! I eat it with salt on it, and if im in the mood, Ill use sugar instead. I just cut it into slice (Or my dad cuts it is more like it) and then I just chomp away. NO silverware, just let the juice run down my face. Its good. And I spit out the seeds are I go. I dont do it before hand.
~Nikki~

My favorite bible verse:
"If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into heck." Matthew 5:29
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Catspaw wrote:I thought of this because I just ate a big piece of watermelon a few minutes ago! I think that I probably eat mine differently than some people - I use a plate, a knife, and a fork, and cut the watermelon into bite-size or so pieces, and then pick the seeds out of each piece before I eat it, using the fork to hold the piece and the knife to remove seeds.
:hilarious:

Er, yeah.

I just eat the watermelon, seeds and all. :- I prefer cutting off the rind first.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I just buy seedless when at all possible.

There is no way I would eat it with silverware. Just give me a great big slice, and the salt shaker (salt is really good on it for some reason), and let me at it.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I see your one of those crazy people who eat watermelon with salt. So does my dad.
...I hate marquees.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

J-man wrote:I see your one of those crazy people who eat watermelon with salt. So does my dad.
What can I say, salt is good on it. I thought it would be disgusting when I first heard about it, but my grandpa convinced me to try it. I was instantly converted.
One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Post by One I Froggy »

I agree salt is best...I thought my mom was nuts when she did that...but then she explained to me that its something about the saltyness that compliments and brings out the natural sweetness of watermelon. i dunno, its just good.
~Nikki~

My favorite bible verse:
"If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into heck." Matthew 5:29
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

frogalwyz wrote:watermelon is one of my favorite foods of all time. Its so yummy! I eat it with salt on it, and if im in the mood, Ill use sugar instead. I just cut it into slice (Or my dad cuts it is more like it) and then I just chomp away. NO silverware, just let the juice run down my face. Its good. And I spit out the seeds are I go. I dont do it before hand.
That's how I do it...........I believe my mom even has a pic of me when I was about 3 sitting out on our porch with my head pretty much burried in a (large) slice of watermelon.......I think it's an annoying pic, but everyone else usually thinks it's "soooo cute"

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I love watermelon!!!!! =D>

I can't stand the seeds either, so I try to pick out any first. But then I do pick it up with my hands and eat it instead of with a fork.

We actually just finished up a watermelon a couple of days ago - it was seedless so I didn't have to worry about it.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

i normally pick out all the black seeds with a spoon..then eat it piece by piece. occasionally..i'll try to spit the seeds really far..but..lol..i dont possess that talent i guess..
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Oh, I can't see how anyone can like salt on watermelon. :sick: My mom and granny do that - it's gross!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Oh, I can't see how anyone can like salt on watermelon. :sick: My mom and granny do that - it's gross!
Have you actually tried it, or does it just sound gross?
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I get a piece, go some place where I can drip freely and open my mouth, insert a slice and...well, you get the picture. I prefer seedless watermelon. YUM.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Me wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:Oh, I can't see how anyone can like salt on watermelon. :sick: My mom and granny do that - it's gross!
Have you actually tried it, or does it just sound gross?
I have never tried it myself, but it seems rather antithetical to the purpose behind eating it. I usually eat watermelon when I'm particularly thirsty or lacking in fluids... adding salt would kind of defeat the purpose. :anxious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

It just isn't summer without watermelons! My sister doesn't even like them! *gasping face*

By the way, can anyone tell me how to say "Where is the bathroom?" in spanish? Long story...it involves a spanish porta-potty.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

How does this relate to Watermelon? :lol:

I believe it's something like, "Donde está el baño."

Oh. No... not again. :-#
Omega
Gold Member

Post by Omega »

Seeds and all! :D I've heard they're GREAT for digestion.
What I do is I get a nice big piece of watermelon and I hold it up to my mouth and I open up my mouth and take a BIG bite then I close my mouth and chew it up and swallow and repeat. :yum:

Loop ends at rind.