Overcoming Our Fears

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Overcoming Our Fears

Post by Movieman »

Why is it so hard for us to conquer that which strikes fear into the very pit of our souls? What causes us to lose our iron will determination and be lost in paralyzing fear? why is it so hard for us to hear the comforting words of a stranger and hear nothing but the jest and jeers of our peers? Imagine this, you're standing high on a cliff, you have a mob behind you wanting to see you fail, to die, and the only way for you to be save , to live is to jump down into the water below. All you can do is hesitate, not fearful of those behind you, not actually fearful of the water or the fall, but fearful of the possiblity of hitting the jagged rocks the lay beneath you. You know that all you need to do is jump but stilll it burns to think about those rocks, and your mind prevents you from taking that leap, from saving yourself, and you slowly lose yourself in your thoughts. " I can't do it", "there is no way i can do this" "i will just turn around and quit". A weaker man would just turn and lose himself or his own life just to keep hidden his own fears, but the strong knows how to push those thoughts aside and does what he must do to save himself and take the leap, into those waters of freedom. In my own opinion Christians in America have lost that strongness that will that determination drive , and has simply backed away from our cliffs and absorbed ourselves into those who where chasing us, when will we be able to stand strong and say that we took that leap of faith, and found ourselves free. When?

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com