Should Whit ever get remarried?

What would his new wife have to be like?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Will Whit ever get remarried?

Nope. He's fine the way he is!
60%
Depends on what they'd make his wife like.
29%
Sure, he could use a good woman
11%

Total votes: 45

Jennifer Doyle
An original

Should Whit ever get remarried?

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Do you think it'll ever happen?

Do you want it to happen?

I was just listening to "For whom do the wedding bells toll 1,2 & 3" (I believe that's the name but now I'm confused!) With Margeret Fay proposing to Whit and Jack and Joann getting married, and I just thought will Whit ever get remarried?
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I think having Whit get married would be a direction that the AIO writers aren't interested in taking. It's not something I want to see happen either. :anxious:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I think he should marry Connie someday. :anxious:
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Hey Top, what is it with you and very strange marriges. I know a really good psychologist if you ever need to talk about these crazy thoughts that are floating around your head. ;)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

If you ever need someone to talk to, Bernard could get you a name and number. ;)
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Whit should remain single IMO. Marrying him again would totally change his character and the role he plays. He wouldn't be able to stay all night at Whit's End all the time, he wouldn't be able to do half of the time consuming stuff he does now, because he would have to be there for the wife. It's not somewhere I want to see AIO go.

Don't you mean Bernard could "reccommend a few people?"
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I was mixing my metaphors. :noway:
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

I think he should. Connie's mum?
Priscilla

<><
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

Considering he has got to be somewhere between 85 and 90 years old, I think not. The real question is when does he die? Hmmm...
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Flyah wrote:Considering he has got to be somewhere between 85 and 90 years old, I think not. The real question is when does he die? Hmmm...
never ever ever, till i'm 152 yrs. old. O:)
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

He's fine just the way he is. Whit can't die, not ever. I would be very unhappy if he did.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

No, he should never remarry.
...I hate marquees.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

No, Whit should never remarry. :noway:
SoccerLOTR wrote:
Flyah wrote:Considering he has got to be somewhere between 85 and 90 years old, I think not. The real question is when does he die? Hmmm...
never ever ever, till i'm 152 yrs. old. O:)
You're Whit? :shock:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

If he's to marry anyone...it would either be that Mary gal from the Novacom series or that other gal from "Curious, Isn't it?".
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

You can marry at that age and it can work fine. :D Or else there is no hope for me...
Priscilla

<><
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I don't ever want Whit to get remarried! It would be too weird. It would take a very special person for Whit to seriously consider marrying - I think that the Margaret Faye incident is an example of why Whit shouldn't get remarried.

I like the episodes with Jenny, and I think that having Whit remarry would take away from all that he and Jenny shared. I would rather see more episodes where Whit talks about Jenny and the past, like in The Triangle, than seeing a new romantic interest.
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

Catspaw wrote:I would rather see more episodes where Whit talks about Jenny and the past, like in The Triangle, than seeing a new romantic interest.
I agree.
Priscilla

<><
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Frank wrote:If he's to marry anyone...it would either be that Mary gal from the Novacom series or that other gal from "Curious, Isn't it?".
If all else fails and Whit gets jilted by those two, there's always that Margaret-person. (said in best Bart Rathbone voice) \:D/
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Umm......no. I can't see Whit with anyone but Jenny. And since, as it's been pointed out, he's pretty ancient now, what would be the point? He's more of a grandfather figure, if you know what I mean.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I have a friend who has a grandmother who is dating someone...and she's 83 or so...you can never be too old to get re-married! (Even if it is a little odd.)