MRI Results are in

UPDATE as of 10/24/07

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

MRI Results are in

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I figured this was urgent enough to warrant a post in Finnamin's. Blame David O if it's wrong. ;)

Alright, so Last Saturday, I had my lovely MRI and got blood drawn and totally almost passed out. It was awesome...or not. Sam, David, and Brittney are some of the most amazing friends anyone could have and they stayed with me at the hospital the whole time (3.5 hours)

I seriously don't know where I would be without those three friends. They have been so amazing through all this. Thank you guys so much. :hug:

Today, three excruciating days later, I heard back from the doctor. Three years ago, I had an MRI for some other eye problems and it showed that my pituitary gland was slightly enlarged but they didn't think anything of it. Well apparently, it was more than an enlargement, but instead an actual tumor. Apparently, sometime recently the tumor bled a little into my brain, but they don't know how long ago or the affects of it as there seems to be no connection to my optic nerve and thus no explanation for the blindness.

The next step is to see a neurosurgeon and go from there. My parents are flying out here tomorrow (Wednesday) and staying until Sunday.

So now the question is this. Is there a real cause for my blindness, or was this just God's way of getting me to an MRI to find the tumor.

Either way, I know God is in control. He has gotten me this far, I know He'll stick by me the rest of the way. I also know He will never give me more than I can handle. So, to quote myself from earlier today - is it bad of me to somewhat wish that God thought a little bit less of me? ;)

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers and offers of help. I really do love and appreciate you all. It has been so amazing to see God work in all of this and see lives being changed already for Him.

I can say in full confidence that if even one life is changed for Christ, all of this is absolutely worth it.

I love you all and many hugs and prayers,

In Christ who gives us strength,

Sarah

PS If you missed my first post,here's a link to what's been going on in my life from the First church. :D
http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=16072
Last edited by JesusFreak777 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I'll continue praying for you, Sarah! :)
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Sarah, your attitude and faith through this are inspiring. I just said a prayer for you. :hug:
Last edited by Taq on Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

praying for you. :)
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless!
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Wow, that's really great Sarah... I mean... well you know what I mean. :anxious:

So the doctors feel they caught it early enough to treat it? Or is that the neurosurgeon's call?
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Not sure. Supposedly I've had it for at least three years, so it really is up to the neurosurgeon. :)
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Wow Sarah- I'm sort of glad that the tumor was found instead of it going on without you knowing- that would've been worse- just goes to show you God can turn a bad thing into something that could very well save your life.

I'll be praying for you!
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

Wow Sarah.
I will keep praying! And Keep your head up!
You are so inspiring!
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sarah, you will continue to be in my prayers. :) I'm glad that your friends and family are supporting you through all of this!

I feel like I should insult you too, just for the fun of it, but I shall resist...for now. ;)
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

I'll be praying also, JF. On one note, I'm glad they found it before it became a greater problem. But, on the other side, I wish you had the answer you wanted.

With prayer, Aram.
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Oh wow. I'm praying for you, Sarah!

Know that the almighty Physician will be with you every step of the way. (I know you already knew that, but I thought I might throw it out there anyway, though.) He's so good.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I'll definitely be praying. :) Thanks for the update.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I missed the other thread! #-o I'll be praying for you! :pray:
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

You are in my thoughts and prayers Sarah. Your faith in God is an inspiration to me :)
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'm glad at least that the doctors were able to find out about the tumor. I'll definitely be praying for you Sarah. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Hey like I said last night we will definitely be praying for you!! :pray:
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I'm still praying for you every day Sarah! Please keep us posted! Thanks!

~J
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I'm praying for you, Sarah! :pray:
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

You're in my prayers, Sarah. Your faith is moving. O:)
don't forget the rain.