What books do you read?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Farrah
Tallying up

What books do you read?

Post by Farrah »

Hi,
I read tennager books,
What books do you read?
I hope to hear from you soon.
From farrah.
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

I read books that I like. ;) \:D/

This needs to be in HT *moves*
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

History, biography and Christian fiction: romance, historical and contemporary.
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

I don't know how to read. :anxious: :-$

;)
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Biography, history, instructional, and trivia.

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

At this present stage in my life, textbooks. :(
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I read a lot of religious non-fiction. That's the majority. Every once in a while a fiction book will slip in, but mostly non-fiction.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Dr. Watson wrote:At this present stage in my life, textbooks. :(
Unffortunally, same here as well.

I enjoy reading fantasy. Especially books with dragons, witches and wizards...
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

Mostly fantasy. Okay,practically all fantasy. Maybe a few historical books and biographies.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

Yeah, I generally pick up computing, Psychology related, occasionally forensic science books.
[size=0] WASHINGTON (CNN) -- China slammed the United States for bestowing the nation's highest civilian honor on the Dalai Lama on Wednesday, calling the ceremony an affront to the budding relations between the countries.
art.dalai.award.ap.jpg

The Dalai Lama holds up the Congressional Gold Medal during a ceremony Wednesday in the Capitol Rotunda.
Click to view previous image
1 of 3
Click to view next image

President Bush presented the Congressional Gold Medal during a ceremony in the Capitol Rotunda. Democratic and Republican leaders praised the Dalai Lama's record of promoting peace and urged China to allow the return of the exiled leader.

Bush also lauded the spiritual leader who as a boy kept a model of the Statue of Liberty by his bedside. The president met privately Tuesday with Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th dalai lama, in the White House.

Though Bush said the ceremony was not meant to antagonize the Chinese, he made repeated references to religious oppression.

"Americans cannot look to the plight of the religiously oppressed and close our eyes or turn away," Bush said.

Calling the Dalai Lama a "universal symbol of peace and tolerance, a shepherd to the faithful and a keeper of the flame for his people," Bush presented the medallion to the Dalai Lama.

The spiritual leader grinned broadly, pulling the award from its case and showing it to the lawmakers with whom he shared the stage. After apologizing for his broken English, which he said he has been working on since the late '40s, the Dalai Lama said he was humbled by the award.

"On a personal note, I am deeply touched that this great honor has been given to me, a Buddhist monk born of a simple family," he said.
Don't Miss

* Spiritual leader not fazed by Chinese ire
* China protests Dalai Lama honor
* Protesters storm Chinese Embassy in New Delhi

Before the Wednesday honor, Bush said he was attending the ceremony because he admires the Dalai Lama, the two of them both support religious freedom and because "I like going to the gold medal ceremonies."

He further said fostering religious freedom was in China's best interests and that Beijing should meet with the Dalai Lama.

"If they were to sit down with the Dalai Lama, they would find him to be a man of peace and reconciliation," Bush said.[/size]
Ryan

Edit - please quote non-original material, as per the ToO Rules. Thanks! - Catspaw
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

Frank Peretti & Ted Dekker books! =D> \:D/ :D

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

A fairly wide variety of books. Currently, most of my reading is for school, so they involve subjects like economics, the Old Testament, etc. :P

For fun, I read science fiction, fantasy, mystery, some historical, and pretty much every other genre if the book measures up to certain standards. <_< Also, nonfiction.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr