Prince Caspian

Tell others what you think about all Narnian movies!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Do you like Narnia?

No
7%
No
7%
No
7%
No
7%
YESS!
72%

Total votes: 29

Prince Caspian
ÇİΛ
ÇİΛ

Prince Caspian

Post by Prince Caspian »

Hello!
Please tell others what you think abou Prince Caspian or other "Narnian" Movies! :-k :D

EDIT 1
Sorrry about that. To clarify, what do you think about the UPCOMING PC movie.
Last edited by Prince Caspian on Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:40 am, edited 7 times in total.
In the darkness, Ryan and Angel brighten up the ToO with Duck Juice flavored Linux as the mandatory os.
Vote for Ryan and Angel '08!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Well, I have not seen Prince Caspian yet since it won't be released until next year. I am hoping it is as good as the first one. I LOVE the LWW and saw it 15 times in the theaters and own it on DVD. If you are refering to the BBC films I've only seen LWW and I don't remember much about it as I was quite young at the time I watched it.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Laurie wrote:Well, I have not seen Prince Caspian yet since it won't be released until next year. I am hoping it is as good as the first one. I LOVE the LWW and saw it 15 times in the theaters and own it on DVD. If you are refering to the BBC films I've only seen LWW and I don't remember much about it as I was quite young at the time I watched it.
I'm hoping it's BETTER than the first one. I would have loved the first movie if they hadn't messed up Aslan. As long as the handle Aslan well in PC I'll be happy. I have the utmost confidence that they can do everything else right.
Does anyone else find it annoying that they changed Lucy and Caspian's hair color? Couldn't they have just dyed their hair?
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

How did they mess up Aslan, I thought that he was pretty cool in the movie.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Sonshinegirl
Shining for the Son
Shining for the Son

Post by Sonshinegirl »

*gasp* They're making a prince Caspian movie?!!!! :shock:
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I enjoyed LWW because it was for the most part faithful to the book. And I thought the actors playing the Pevensies did really well. I really didn't care that Lucy and Caspian's hair color was changed, and I'm excited for Prince Caspian to come out.
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I think they made an aful chose on who to play Prince Caspian! In the book he was only like 15 but in the movie the person who plays him is 20 something! That makes me mad! And it kinda messes the movie up!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sonshinegirl wrote:*gasp* They're making a prince Caspian movie?!!!! :shock:
Click here to see the IMDB page. \:D/ They're listing a release date of May 16, 2008 right now.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:How did they mess up Aslan, I thought that he was pretty cool in the movie.
They didn't mention he was the son of the Emperor-beyond-the-Sea. His voice wasn't very powerful. They left out the prophecy about him. They didn't say anything about how his knowledge of the Deep Magic goes back before the beginning of time. He didn't even have his own theme music.

Click here to read my professor's review of the movie. He's and English professor at Houston Baptist University. Aside from his normal English and film classes, Dr. Markos teaches a class on The Lord of the Rings and a class on The Chronicles of Narnia. He's also published a few books including one on C.S. Lewis.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Elrohir wrote:
jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:How did they mess up Aslan, I thought that he was pretty cool in the movie.
They didn't mention he was the son of the Emperor-beyond-the-Sea. His voice wasn't very powerful. They left out the prophecy about him. They didn't say anything about how his knowledge of the Deep Magic goes back before
Interesting. My roommate thinks that they messed up Aslan too, but for different reasons. She said that the movie didn't make her love Aslan the way the book did (for example, he didn't play with the kids), and that he was distant instead of relational.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Really? I thought Aslan was pretty good.. :-k Sure was better than the one in the old movies.. :-
...I hate marquees.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Hehe... trying to imagine Caspian walking in the forest to James Bond music ;)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Haha... David Arnold is usually pretty good. Though I'm used to hearing his more... I don't know... industrial techno stuff... but he has done plenty of good, old fashioned instrumental stuff, too...
connies#1fan
Found

Post by connies#1fan »

I can not wait for Prince Caspian to come out. I'm soooooooo exicited. I love the book, so I know that I will love the movie too. At first I thought that Ben Barnes would be way to old to play Caspian, but now that I have seen pictures of him in his costumes, I think he will be perfect. Now, I can't picture anyone else playing him. I believe that it will be great.
"The Call" - Regina Spektor
You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye..
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

NarniaWeb.com just reported that the Prince Caspian trailer will be available online on December 5. :)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks, H Tide! \:D/ I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the trailer. I hadn't thought about it, but it really is time for a trailer!
connies#1fan
Found

Post by connies#1fan »

Catspaw wrote:Thanks, H Tide! \:D/ I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the trailer. I hadn't thought about it, but it really is time for a trailer!
^Me too. I visit that sight often, but I hadn't see that report yet. I can't wait to see the trailor!
"The Call" - Regina Spektor
You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye..
ComputerGeek
Smile for the camera

Post by ComputerGeek »

epic123 wrote:I think they made an aful chose on who to play Prince Caspian! In the book he was only like 15 but in the movie the person who plays him is 20 something! That makes me mad! And it kinda messes the movie up!

He's 25 but they tried to make him look a little younger. I cannot wait until Caspian comes out. And if you havn't heard, the trailer is being released on Dec. 5!!!!!!!!! If you visit

www.narniaweb.com

you can find some articles from someone who visited the set.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

LizzieG and Elohir both mentioned good points . . . Personally I thought he could be stronger. (The White Witch seems "at level" with him, which I didn't like.) Even so, I'm confident they will do well for PC--at least I hope. :P
0_0 Nooo.... I wish Harry Gregson Williams was doing all of them >.< Ah well . . . I hear he's excellent . . .
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~