The 'MYST' Series

Who here likes 'em?

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Robo
A great mapmaker

The 'MYST' Series

Post by Robo »

Who plays, has played or heard of the MYST series? A long time ago, my dad had to talk business with this guy, and Me & my bro were with him. So this guy's room mate kept us entertained by showing us some of his computer games (one of which was Riven: the sequal to Myst). Then a couple years later I was at my cousins house and I saw they had that Riven game, so we started talking about it. And then just a couple years ago from now I was at my cousins and they had Myst III Exile and I got to play it. AND NOW just a mouth ago I found the game again and got into it. So I've played Myst, Riven and Myst III Exile. So has anyone else ever played? What are you're thoughts on the game? I love graphics and the story line, infact they made like 3 books based off the Myst Series; those are now next on my reading list.

Myst Rocks!

-Robo
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

I love Myst...I have all 8 video games, all 3 books, all of the comic books...
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

That series is great! Unfortunately, I've only gotten to play Myst and Riven, and read just one of the books (which I really enjoyed).
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

blipadouzi wrote:I love Myst...I have all 8 video games, all 3 books, all of the comic books...
YOU ROCK! lol. Do you have any of the soundtracks? And have you heard of URU Live on gametap?

OH! BTW today is Myst Day! Yep, today its 14 years of Myst goodness. w00t!

-Robo
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Heard of URU live?!? I was one of the orinial testers...I went through the Beta & Alpha testing phases. I have a lifetime members to Uru Live if I want it. :D

And though I don't have the soundtracks, I have seen them available, just never bothered to get them.
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

URU LIVE TESTER!!!!??! Awesome! How is Uru Live? Is it cool? Is it worth how much ever it costs? Much does it cost?

-Robo
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

If the puzzles in MYST (and its sequels) weren't so aggravatingly hard, then maybe it'd be more enjoyable to play. lol

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Mira Winter wrote:That series is great! Unfortunately, I've only gotten to play Myst and Riven, and read just one of the books (which I really enjoyed).
Which one? Ti'ana is by far the best in my opinion
Elrond wrote:I love Myst...I have all 8 video games, all 3 books, all of the comic books...
YES!! Another die hard MYST fan!!!! \:D/

I am ashamed to admit that while I own all 8 games, I haven't beaten Myst V or some of Uru. However, I've played many of them multiple times. And while I don't own all 3 books, I've read them all twice.

What is your ranking of the 5 (excluding Uru since it's so different)?
Mine:
1. Riven
2. Revelation
3. Myst
4. Exile
5. End of Ages
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

WWWWWWWWEEEEEEeeeeee!!!!!!!!! I got Myst 4 for Christmas!!! It's fun and my brother already beat it... teehee.

-Robo
MajorSplendor
Sing in the sunshine

Post by MajorSplendor »

I have the original Myst game...and I love it!

Originality is the art of concealing your sources.
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

They're all great.

-Robo