Musicians!

Calling all instrumentalists...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Chandler wrote:Could you make that a link that I can download? Pretty please? :pray:
You can right- click on the link and click on "Save Target As..." That should download it to your computer. :)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Wow... you produced "Don Oiche Ud I Mbeithil"? :shock:

Once again... it sounds so professionally recorded. Well played. It does, indeed, almost sound like something that would belong in a LOTR soundtrack. =D>
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Wow... you produced "Don Oiche Ud I Mbeithil"? :shock:

Once again... it sounds so professionally recorded. Well played. It does, indeed, almost sound like something that would belong in a LOTR soundtrack. =D>
Thanks! :D I hope to be an audio engineer one day, so I must be on the right track!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Dr. Watson wrote:

Thanks! :D I hope to be an audio engineer one day, so I must be on the right track!
Heh, you should considering being professional musician. :noway:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Dr. Watson wrote:

Heh, you should considering being professional musician. :noway:
I have that in my plan, too, my good chap. :badgrin: Some times, audio engineers don't have the artistic feel in order to adequately capture what a musician wants; some times, a musicians don't have the technical know-how to record their music in order to sound good. By being both, I hope to eliminate both problems. :)

Cheerio
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Dr. Watson wrote:You just might in the near future.... :badgrin:
Dr. Watson wrote:I have that in my plan, too, my good chap. :badgrin:
I'm getting nervous with all this evil laughter. :anxious:
Dr. Watson wrote:Some times, audio engineers don't have the artistic feel in order to adequately capture what a musician wants; some times, a musicians don't have the technical know-how to record their music in order to sound good. By being both, I hope to eliminate both problems. :)
Sounds like a good plan. I wish I had the proper equipment to record some of my own playing--piano, in particular. Your typical computer microphone just doesn't cut it. :noway:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I wish I had one of those really expensive pianos that sounds beautiful, feels beautiful, and would hook right up into my computer where I have some really expensive software that allows me to do some really cool things. =P~
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Dr. Watson wrote:Some times, audio engineers don't have the artistic feel in order to adequately capture what a musician wants; some times, a musicians don't have the technical know-how to record their music in order to sound good. By being both, I hope to eliminate both problems. :)
Sounds like a good plan. I wish I had the proper equipment to record some of my own playing--piano, in particular. Your typical computer microphone just doesn't cut it. :noway:
And the sound card quality has a lot to do with it too. My sound card isn't the greatest so it picks up a lot of hiss. I have route the sound file through noise reduction--but that cuts down on the audio quality, especially the high frequencies.

But then again, good sound cards cost $$$$$$!! REAL money! ;)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Well, I'm off to a year-end piano recital. Our piano teacher and her students. \:D/
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Good luck, Trent my dear chap! I hope you do well and don't make mistakes. :pray:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

It went pretty well... I played three pieces only messed part of the second song. :boohoo:

Fortunately, it wasn't a competition or anything of the sort. Rather, it was more of a semi-formal recital with all the students of our piano teacher.
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I started learning piano when I was four... but I didn't practice every day, so I can play very little. Enough to play around in accompaniment, but not to lead by myself. Instead, I play keys (just chords with a synth patch). I've technically played guitar for about six years, but I just started taking lessons a year and a half ago, so I've only really been playing for that long. I have a beautiful Martin guitar that my daddy bought me in March, 2005. I don't have any embarrassing stories, really... the only embarrassing thing that ever happens to me is my voice cracking in the middle of a high note... but that's happened to just about every singer at least once.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name