The Final Harry Potter Book

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

The Final Harry Potter Book

Post by Thursday Next »

So, what did everyone who read Deathly Hallows think? I liked the book with the exception of the final chapter. I thought it didn't wrap things up as nicely as I would have liked.
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

i LUVED it...but ya i kinda figured somthin a lil bigger than how J.K. finished it...it seemed kinda cliche i guess...but nevertheless shes an AH-mazin writer an i luved it :D!!!
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

l really liked it. I did NOT like the epilogue, though...That was really the only part I didn't like.
Do you believe in the couch?
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Apart from the fact that Rowling had my favourite character brutally murdered, it was a good ending to the series.

I will agree that the epilogue was a bit too overdone, though.
Clodius Albinus
Smile for the camera

Post by Clodius Albinus »

Final Harry Potter Book Blasted For Containing Spoilers wrote:NEW YORK—Harry Potter fans throughout the world were shocked, disappointed, and outraged to learn last week that J.K. Rowling's 750-page novel, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, blatantly answers every looming question in the 10-year-long saga, even going so far as to divulge what happens to key characters 20 years into the future.

"The whole experience is completely ruined for me," said 25-year-old fan Ethan Clay, adding that the book builds up suspense, and then, without warning, gives away vital, plot-altering information. "The least [Rowling] could have done was put a spoiler alert or something on the front cover."
- The Onion
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Clodius Albinus wrote:
Final Harry Potter Book Blasted For Containing Spoilers wrote:NEW YORK—Harry Potter fans throughout the world were shocked, disappointed, and outraged to learn last week that J.K. Rowling's 750-page novel, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, blatantly answers every looming question in the 10-year-long saga, even going so far as to divulge what happens to key characters 20 years into the future.

"The whole experience is completely ruined for me," said 25-year-old fan Ethan Clay, adding that the book builds up suspense, and then, without warning, gives away vital, plot-altering information. "The least [Rowling] could have done was put a spoiler alert or something on the front cover."
- The Onion
Haha... you've got to love America's Finest News Source.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Where are America's children? They are out sacrificing cats due to this book. :noway:
querida
I've been here a bit

Post by querida »

sacrificing cats? oh please. And i also did not like the epilogue it WAS to cliche'. Poor Fred....
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I wish she would have said what George was doing now that his twin is gone.
Rodney Rathbone
Pilgrim

Post by Rodney Rathbone »

Oh how exciting! A book about a nerd with glasses! :roll:
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

The Top Crusader wrote:Where are America's children? They are out sacrificing cats due to this book. :noway:
it is about time! gosh... here I am unable to breath because there is such a large population of cats... :anxious:
Thursday Next wrote:I wish she would have said what George was doing now that his twin is gone.
I read an interview with Rowlings. Said that he went back to Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes and that Ron went and worked with him... that was the cruelest thing she could've done. All my friends are like "She killed off Dobby!!! NOO!!" Sure, I understand. Dobby was amazing. But Fred...had a twin. A huge family. twins are special. They generally have some sort of special connection. And Fred and George definitely did. I was reading it on the way to Pittsburgh with my youth group for a mission trip. And everyone was sitting quietly so I could take it all in- so I could tell them what happened. And I got there...and I started to hyperventilate and they all freaked out. I blamed it on the Kroger we were passing... :-
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I know that this sounds cruel, but if one twin had to die I would have preferred that both of them die. I thought they both would die in a blaze of glory.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

To me this book seemed interesting up untill the half way point then it just seemed like almost if JK Rowling lost interest and just finished the book.

Doctor Strange
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

Thursday Next wrote:I know that this sounds cruel, but if one twin had to die I would have preferred that both of them die. I thought they both would die in a blaze of glory.
no, I agree with you completely.
FriendlyFangirl88
Not as new

Post by FriendlyFangirl88 »

Danny wrote:
Thursday Next wrote:I know that this sounds cruel, but if one twin had to die I would have preferred that both of them die. I thought they both would die in a blaze of glory.
no, I agree with you completely.
As do I. George is, quite simply, incomplete without Fred. And while Rowling has said that he goes back to the shop and works there with Ron...that just dosen't feel right, you know? Infact, it actully feels very wrong.

Fred and George are just that. Fred and George. They should have ether survived together or died together.

Yet, one must consider that things like this actully do happen. I watched this vidio about a guy who photographed twins...and one pair of his subjects had one twin die in a car accident. The other seemed absoloutly devestated even in the interview that took place years afterwards. Yes, I can forgive Jo for killing Fred, because things like that happened.

However...having PERCY freak out and be the one sobbing all over him...

...I'm going to shut up now.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Yeah, that didn't sit too well. One thing that I liked, and I can't wait for the movie, is Mrs. Weasley going after Bellatrix because she was attacking Ginny.
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

I really liked it. I never really understood the Horcruxes and stuff, but i liked how everything ended. I just want to know who married Draco!!!! #-o
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Pansy Parkinson most likely. What about the Horcruxes didn't you understand?
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

it was just weird, like, you know, how he had to find all of them and stuff, and then, how they were, like, fake one's and stuff. like, when did they ever kill Nagini? I must have missed that big time. Cuz i don't remember.
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

Sparky the Happy Giraffe wrote:it was just weird, like, you know, how he had to find all of them and stuff, and then, how they were, like, fake one's and stuff. like, when did they ever kill Nagini? I must have missed that big time. Cuz i don't remember.
I am pretty sure that Neville killed Nagini...but I don't remember when...

*decides to read the book again*