564: "A Most Intriguing Question"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What did you think of "A Most Intriguing Question"

5 Stars - Well duh, what else would I give it?
72%
4 Stars - Almost perfect but it was missing something
20%
3 Stars - Pretty Good!
5%
2 Stars - Nothing stood out (Did I mention I'm deaf?)
2%
1 Star - I am no longer an Odyssey fan
2%

Total votes: 61

Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:Connie, Bernard, and Tom said they recognized the "voices" when Whit was talking to presumably Eugene and Katrina. Whit also said "they" when referring to who was inside the Imagination Station. It would be kind of odd for Bernard, Connie , and Tom to say that they recognized Whit's voice. That kind of goes without saying...
lol. "It's John Avery Whittaker!" :D

Perhaps they heard Katrina immediately after hearing Eugene's voice . . . but we don't hear it because the episode ends right there. Niiice. Leave the audience is suspense.
Chandler wrote:What about Katrina? You really don't think Katrina would be with Eugene? Wasn't that supposed to be Katrina's voice we were hearing talking about Eugene's research?
She's certainly involved, there's no doubt. If Katrina wasn't in the IS with Eugene, then who was? Whit did refer to a "they" being in the IS.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Chandler wrote:Connie, Bernard, and Tom said they recognized the "voices" when Whit was talking to presumably Eugene and Katrina. Whit also said "they" when referring to who was inside the Imagination Station. It would be kind of odd for Bernard, Connie , and Tom to say that they recognized Whit's voice. That kind of goes without saying...
lol. "It's John Avery Whittaker!" :D
Whit would've been big news in album 27. :lol:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Perhaps they heard Katrina immediately after hearing Eugene's voice . . . but we don't hear it because the episode ends right there. Niiice. Leave the audience is suspense.
Now that's a very good point. Katrina will no doubt be the next word on the lips of Connie, Tom, and Bernard next week. Image
Trent DeWhite wrote:She's certainly involved, there's no doubt. If Katrina wasn't in the IS with Eugene, then who was? Whit did refer to a "they" being in the IS.
Whit could've just been trying to hide the gender... doubtful but one other reason if you're looking for one.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Chandler wrote:What about Katrina? You really don't think Katrina would be with Eugene? Wasn't that supposed to be Katrina's voice we were hearing talking about Eugene's research?

That's my point. If it was not Katrina, then where is Katrina? Also, who else would be in the IS with Eugene? Katrina would be the logical person, they are married and except for Whit, there is the logical idea that nobody has had any idea where Eugene and Katrina have been all of this time. Connie and the others certainly did not know.
One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Post by One I Froggy »

I really liked the episode, but I think there was a little to much hype. It was a little drawn out, but I am very excited to see if Eugene really is back. I can't wait forthe next show, but I hope we get a little more information in the next episode then what we got in the last one.
The one thing i liked the most in this show was when Bernard Tom and Connie teamed up to talk to the "Government agent".
rachelavonlea
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by rachelavonlea »

Well since Whitsend.org is boasting Eugene is back, and created a flash all about it, you all can jump around the house without fear and in reckless abandon because

EUGENE

IS

HOME!
-Rachel

"The victory is mine when the battle is the Lord's!"
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

frogalwyz wrote:I really liked the episode, but I think there was a little to much hype.
After how the fans have shamelessly harrased Focus demanding Will Ryan return, I don't blame them one bit for making alot of hype.

-Jonathan
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Welcome to ToO frogalyz and rachelavonlea! :D
Chandler wrote:Whit could've just been trying to hide the gender... doubtful but one other reason if you're looking for one.
Quite likely. Of course, it's also much faster to say "they" than it is "Eugene and Katrina". ;)
frogalyz wrote:Well since Whitsend.org is boasting Eugene is back, and created a flash all about it, you all can jump around the house without fear and in reckless abandon because

EUGENE

IS

HOME!
That's what makes me think Eugene really is back. Yet I still can't help but wonder if it's simply a misconception on my part (and probably for many others) . . . anyone remember "Isaac the Chivalrous"?

I will continue to pray that Eugene, forsooth, has returned. [-o<
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I can't imagine Focus going through all this hype only to trick us. They're smarter than that and I believe he's back for good.

-Jonathan
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jonathan wrote:I can't imagine Focus going through all this hype only to trick us. They're smarter than that and I believe he's back for good.

-Jonathan
I can't either. I guess we will find out more in the next two weeks.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

My only doubt stems from the fact Eugene's been gone for so long. Could this three-parter be a way through which Eugene leaves the show for good? Since he's here . . . it's either that or he's here to stay. Unless the Extraordinary Conclusion results in something we've completely missed. :-s
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

That's something that we should keep in mind. This "Something Big" still has two weeks to go.
rachelavonlea
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by rachelavonlea »

since I found out my post here was not accurate, I erased it.

:)
Last edited by rachelavonlea on Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Rachel

Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Rachel,

Interesting thoughts... but Adventures in Odyssey is union work. Which is why you hear all the actors credited at the end of the broadcast.

It has been this case for about 2 and a half years.
rachelavonlea
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by rachelavonlea »

An interesting amount of time.

And I'm h-a-p-p-y I'm wrong!

8-[
-Rachel

miskilou
Lurker

Post by miskilou »

theirs all this talk about will ryan not being in the credits i mean should he be he just said two words regardles i think its him he never said he was leaving the show i cant wait till next week yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

One thing that I just thought of remember when the government agent was asking Whit if he'd be open to sharing his research? I wonder if part of Whit's research involved using Eugene's research on Radiowaves. It would makes his hesitancy understandable. That and it sounds as if Whit's not 100% sure it will work. But I'm willing to wager that some of it has to do with the fact that what happened to Novacom is still too fresh in his mind.
rachelavonlea
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by rachelavonlea »

Empty room. Flash of light. Appearance of Imagination Station. Light dissapears. Eugene emerging with a aprehensive look to the left(at the door?)with a little lip biting action. He has come by himself, and is alone (apparently)

This sounds like something I thought might happen which I posted on March 27th:
I think, a bigger guess here, that Whit perhaps made other IS' and if you get in one you can get to the other

What do you think?
-Rachel

StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

They may have left Will out of the credits intentionally to make it a little more suspenseful :D
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Wow. Eugene, PM as a writer, excellent dialogue, no "audio dedecting," just good old fasioned detective work. Paul Herlinger's performance was also much better than it has been in recent episodes.

I think one of the reasons Will Ryan may not have been credited is that Eugene had only one line, and it was barely distinguishable at that.

I can't believe it took me so long to get even a half-review up. Been really busy. Look forward to seeing what happens next week.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Did any of you notice that they released the entire picture that two of the clues contained? You can see it in their little animation here. Connie and Bernard are still there of course. The other eyeball appears to be Tom and the hand is Whit's. I'm not sure why they're all together there but maybe it's a scene from next week's show.