Quotes

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
cubsmith08
OK

Quotes

Post by cubsmith08 »

i was just wondering what some of the quotes are that you guys like?? here are some of mine:

don't frown, you never know who's falling in love with our smile!- unknown

god doesn't call the equipped...he equipps the called.-unknown

Please DONATE to help me get more education and to start a MUSIC Faction!!
Life
Popsicle kid

Post by Life »

"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, then walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. THAT is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."

I like others but this is the only one I can think of now....
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

"Don't let it end this way. Tell them I said something." -- Last words of Pancho Villa
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

"I am yours; save me." - Psalm 119:94 (6?) and Luther.

*Didn't we just have one of these?

Moved from Harliquin
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

yes, but it was in HH and therefore more frivolous.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Wow, I just happen to have a book full of quotes sitting on a table right next to me. Here are a few:

"Life is the sum of all your choices." -Unknown
"Whoever is happy will make others happy too." -Anne Frank
"The only place you find success before work is in the dictionary." - May V. Smith
"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure." -Colin L. Powell
"Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure." -George E. Woodberry
"Everybody makes mistakes. It's what we make of our mistakes that makes us what we are." -Anonymous
"Failure is just another way to learn how to do something right." - Marian Wright Edelman
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

"Do you believe in love at first sight? Or Should I walk past again?"

or..

"There's nothing in the world more satisfying, than seeing your children with teenagers of their own."

"Don't go to bed angry. Stay up and fight."
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Have time, will travel."
-Anonymous

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after."
-Henry David Thoreau

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
-Anonymous

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."
-Lord Chesterfield

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

"Courage can be judged apart from danger only if the social significance and meaning of courage is known to us, namely that a man of character in peace becomes a man of courage in war. He cannot be selfish in peace and yet be unselfish in war. Character as Aristotle taught is a habit, the daily choice of right instead of wrong; it is a moral quality which grows to maturity in peace and is not suddenly developed on the outbreak of war. For war, in spite of much that we have heard to the contrary, has no power to transform, it merely exaggerates the good and evil that are in us, till it is plain for all to read; it cannot change it exposes. Man's fate in battle is worked out before war begins. For his acts in war are dictated not by courage, nor by fear, but by conscience, of which war is the final test. The man whose quick conscience is the secret of his success in battle has the same clear cut feelings about right and wrong before war makes them obvious to all. If you know a man in peace, you know him in war."
-Lord Moran

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing that is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and will never be free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mills

"He knows not how to rule a Kingdom, that cannot manage a Province; nor can he wield a Province, that cannot order a City; nor he order a City, that knows not how to regulate a Village; nor he a Village, that cannot guide a Family; nor can that man Govern well a Family that knows not how to Govern himself; neither can any Govern himself unless his reason be Lord, Will and Appetite her Vassals: nor can reason rule unless herself be ruled by God, and (wholly) be obedient to Him."
-Hugo Gratius, 1654

"The remarkable thing about fearing God is that when you fear God you fear nothing else, whereas when you do not fear God you fear everything else."
-Oswald Chambers
And of course the one in my siggy...

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

jcloverofmysoul wrote:"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, then walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. THAT is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."

I've heard that quote before.. Who said it? :-k
...I hate marquees.
cubsmith08
OK

Post by cubsmith08 »

J-man wrote:
jcloverofmysoul wrote:"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, then walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. THAT is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."

for so,e reason i think it was C.S. Lewis! :-k

rapunzel, rapunzel, with hair so fine!
come out the window, climb down the vine!!

the feat you ask dear sir isn't easy...
and i won't respond to that line,
it's FAR too cheesy!
- PD2 :D

Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

I am on this account not displeased that the Figure is not known as a Bald Eagle, but looks more like a Turkey. For the Truth the Turkey is in Comparison a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America . . . He is besides, though a little vain & silly, a Bird of Courage, and would not hesitate to attack a Grenadier of the British Guards who should presume to invade his Farm Yard with a red Coat on.

-Benjamin Franklin pointing out that the Wild Turkey might have been a better national bird than the Bald Eagle

LOL!!
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I think the turkey would be a better national bird... there's no point in changing it now, however.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

J-man wrote:

DC talk, In the song "What if I stumble"

My Favorite would have to be the one in macnut's sig.
~I can't think with wet socks~ By her mommy
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

"best friends are siblings God forgot to give us."
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
cubsmith08
OK

Post by cubsmith08 »

Abigail wrote:"best friends are siblings God forgot to give us."
haha! i LOVE that quote!! =D> =D> =D> :D :D :D \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

"There are three types of people in this world: Those who install the toilet paper rolling under, those who install it over and those who don't install it at all"

"If post it notes were the world currency, I would be a millionaire by now"

I came up with these quotes on my own. The first one was created when I was sharing a bathroom with my sister. My sister is a total slob and doesn't know how to install toilet paper. Later that year I was enrolled in a digital photography class that had an assignment that we find a quote and photograph something relevant to it. I decided to do something about toilet paper so I could hang it in my bathroom and teach my sister a lesson. It didn't work because eventually she moved down to the basement where she has a bathroom of her own (and a not so tidy one at that).

The second one: Recently I was going to fly to Michigan to visit my family and my Mom wanted me to take some mothers day gifts out there in order to save on shipping. I knew that I wouldn't remember which gifts belonged to who so I asked Mom if she could put some post it notes on which bag belonged to who. I have a huge wealth of post it notes at my desk at home and I said to her, "If post it notes were the world currency I would be a millionaire by now".
cubsmith08
OK

Post by cubsmith08 »

"it has been a goal in my life to marry someone whose name was ernest!"- the importance of being ernest

"
courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen!"- winston churchill

ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

"I find you equally frightening and amazing. Is there a word for that? You're fri-zing!" - boyfriend of daughter

"Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend's success. " - Oscar Wilde

"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. " - Dorothy Parker

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself. "
"Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life. "
"A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. " - Eleanor Roosevelt

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Lonesome Dove
Probably not a NPC

Post by Lonesome Dove »

"Shoot 'em low, boys, they're ridin' Shetlan ponies. Not you, Jimmy, you shoot normal." - Some ... country person.

"Do you remember strawberries and cream, Mr. Frodo?" - Sam
18:36 <Katilyn>: *somehting
18:36 <Katilyn>: **somehting
18:36 <Katilyn>: ...
18:36 <Katilyn>: ***something
Image Image
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

cubsmith08 wrote:
Abigail wrote:"best friends are siblings God forgot to give us."
haha! i LOVE that quote!! =D> =D> =D> :D :D :D \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
its one of my favorites.

heres another

"You gotta take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you got, and remember what you had."
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)