What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I have recently reread the Legends of Abreia series by Kenley Davidson, because the fourth one comes out tomorrooow \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished When the Meadow Blooms, excellent story. Up next for me is Code of Courage by Janice Cantore.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Been a while since I've posted in this thread (and have read a lot of books between my last post and now), but thought it worthwhile to say I'm reading Diary of Anne Frank. It's incredible what I didn't get to read in high school and college, and this was one I missed, so I'm rectifying that now.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished A Tapestry of Light, excellent book. Up next for me is The Mozart Code by Rachel McMillan.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jonathan wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:44 pm Been a while since I've posted in this thread (and have read a lot of books between my last post and now), but thought it worthwhile to say I'm reading Diary of Anne Frank. It's incredible what I didn't get to read in high school and college, and this was one I missed, so I'm rectifying that now.
Good for you, Jonathan! I read it so long ago that I often think I should read it again but haven't yet. You're inspiring me. I think I would read it very differently now than when I was younger.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Finished The Mozart Code, very good story. Up next for me is Foundation of Love by Amy  Clipston. It is the first book in her Amish Legacy series/trilogy.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm starting "Keeping Them Safe" by Linda Goodnight. Her books are always so sweet so I'm looking forward to this new one.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Currently reading Duel: Alexander Hamilton, Aaron Burr and the future of America. It tells the story of the duel between Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr. That part takes place I believe toward the end. I've been wanting to read this for a long time but had to put it off until now because of my finger injury. I've gotten to the point that I need to read a history book.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sounds very interesting, Laurie! I hope your finger is okay.

I'm starting a non-fiction book. "Shackled: One Woman's Dramatic Triumph Over Persecution, Gender Abuse, and a Death Sentence" by Mariam Ibraheem with Eugene Bach. I wanted to get a good non-fiction book to read this summer and this title stood out to me at my local Christian bookstore.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Catspaw, I envy you having a Christian bookstore. There are none in my area anymore and I really miss having one. I'm currently reading A Midnight Dance by Joanna Davidson Politano. Very good so far. She has a new book coming our in October.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, I know how fortunate I am. That's one of the reasons I want to keep supporting them - so that they can stay open! I'm sorry you don't have one in your area.

I've never read anything by that author, Laurie. I'll have to look her up, since you have good taste in books.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Laurie wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:00 am Currently reading Duel: Alexander Hamilton, Aaron Burr and the future of America. It tells the story of the duel between Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr. That part takes place I believe toward the end. I've been wanting to read this for a long time but had to put it off until now because of my finger injury. I've gotten to the point that I need to read a history book.
And that just got added to my list.
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

Currently reading I Robot by Isaac Asimov.
Resident JRPG nut
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished A Midnight Dance, wonderful story. Up next for me is A Hundred Crickets Singing by Cathy Gohlke. This book is the follow up story to Night Bird Calling which came out last year. Anyone interested in reading A Hundred Crickets Singing should read Night Bird Calling first.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Finding Me - Viola Davis :inlove:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Marvin D. wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:59 am Finding Me - Viola Davis :inlove:
This caught my attention for a second until I realized that I thought it said Viola Desmond, which would have been a more obscure choice, particularly for a non-Canadian. My bad. ;) https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/ ... la-desmond
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I just now finished The Debutante's Code by Erica Vetsch, very good if you like mysteries and Regency England. Up next for me is The Italian Ballerina by Kristy Cambron.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm just starting "Straight No Chaser Sound Bites," which is different stories and recipes and stuff from my favourite a cappella group. I've been a fan for years and love their stories and jokes and stuff during shows, so I thought I'd give their new book a read! I've only been to one live concert, but I've seen a bunch of their online concerts they did during Covid, plus Youtube videos from people who have attended live shows. One of many things to love about SNC - they not only allow pictures and video taken at their shows, but actually encourage it, so there's lots of great stuff for fans like me, who live in seldom-visited areas, still get to view concert footage legally/guilt-free. :inlove:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Currently reading The Florentine Legacy by Lauraine Snelling. Every so often I like reading novels that take place in other countries.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Going Clear by the incomparable Lawrence Wright. It's an expose about scientology, L. Ron Hubbard, and David Miscavige