What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm starting "Courting Misfortune" by Regina Jennings. I always enjoy her books, so I'm looking forward to it!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm currently reading Deadly Target by Elizabeth Goddard. It is the second book in her Rocky Mountain Courage trilogy.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I recently started a new devotional book - "Dwell: 90 Days at Home with God" by Sandra Byrd. I have enjoyed some of her fiction books, so when I saw this title I thought I'd give it a try. So far, so good!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The last book I read was Destined for You by Tracie Peterson, very good but sad too. Currently I'm reading The Letter Tree by Rachel Fordham, very good.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading "Proposing Mischief" by Regina Jennings. It's good so far. A bit of a unique main character, which I'm liking so far.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Currently reading Cold Threat by Nancy Mehl, it is the second book in her Ryland + St. Clair suspense trilogy.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I recently read "Forevermore" by Cathy Marie Hake. I was fondly recalling how much I like some of her books and decided to re-read some of her books.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm currently reading The Flower Quilter by Mindy Steele. It is the first book in a new Amish fiction series: The Heart of the Amish. I enjoy Amish fiction, very formulaic but still good. After reading suspense it's nice to read something calm and gentle. Amish fiction fits that bill for me. First time reading Mindy Steele. She is on my very, very long list of favorites now. I love finding new authors!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've never been a big Amish fiction fan, but it does seem very popular!

I'm moving on to "Letter Perfect" by Cathy Marie Hake - another one of her good books that I haven't read for years and wanted to enjoy again.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Flower Quilter, absolutely loved it! I will be continuing this series and have added this author to my very long list of favorites, Up next for me is All My Secrets by Lynn Austin.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm trying to avoid adding new authors to me reading list, since I have so many books already waiting for me, but your big recommendation makes me tempted to add to my list Laurie. :D

I'm about to start "Engaging Deception" by Regina Jennings. I really loved the second book in the Joplin Chronicles series, so now I'm looking forward to this third book!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Catspaw wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:05 pmI'm trying to avoid adding new authors to me reading list, since I have so many books already waiting for me,
My 'to read list' numbers about 2000, so I hear ya.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished All My Secrets, very good. Up next for me is Up from Dust by Heather Kaufman. It is Biblical fiction. First book by a new author.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jonathan wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:54 pm
Catspaw wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:05 pmI'm trying to avoid adding new authors to me reading list, since I have so many books already waiting for me,
My 'to read list' numbers about 2000, so I hear ya.
Oh good, glad it's not just me. ;)

Laurie, that title sounded interesting so I looked it up and a story about Martha sounds intriguing! Share if you like it or not please. :)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Up from Dust, excellent book. I highly recommend it. Up next for me is What I Promise You by Liz Tolsma. It is the second book in the Echoes of the Past series.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm starting "Heirlooms" by Sandra Byrd. I've enjoyed many of her other books, so I'm looking forward to this new one!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm about halfway through The Premonition at Withers Farm by Jaime Jo Wright. She writes contemporary/historical mystery suspense.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading "Experiencing Go's Love: A Year of Abundance" by Sandra Byrd. She's great at writing fiction and non-fiction.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm reading The Ark and the Dove: The Story of Noah's Wife by Jill Eileen Smith.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That sounds interesting, Laurie!

I'm reading "Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom. I've been meaning to read it for years, and I was especially curious when I realized the AIO episode "Tuesdays with Wooton" was obviously named after that book. It's very good so far. I would definitely recommend it to teen and up readers. I'm not quite done yet and curious to see exactly what happens.