What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Petrichor wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:29 pm
Catspaw wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:26 pm Petrichor, that sounds really interesting! I haven't heard of that book.
I definitely recommend it! The book is narrated by the younger sister observing all her older siblings' lives and romances, and it's such good fun. :D

I'm currently reading The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer, and it is absolutely delightful. I don't know how I've missed out on Georgette Heyer for so many years.
That does sound good! I added it to my Amazon wish list so I won't forget the title.

Georgette Heyer is a great author! I always intend to read more of her books. One of these days. You clearly have good taste in books, Petrichor. :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Stone Wall, wonderful story. I love Beverly Lewis!! Up next for me is The Gold in These Hills by Joanne Bischoff. First time reading this author.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing
Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

Just listened to 4:50 from Paddington by Agatha Christie.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
But as far as hometowns go
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
Have you ever been to Odyssey?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Gold in These Hills, fantastic book. Up next for me is Dreams of Savannah by Roseanna M. White.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

I've been working my way through The Legacy of The Force star wars series. I normally adore star wars, but this series has been a lot more soap opera-y than I like. I do like the glimpses into Mandalorian culture and language though. I'm currently on book 6: Inferno.
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Sugarcreek Surprise, wonderful book. Up next for me is Before I Called You Mine by Nicole Deese, first time reading this author.
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

I have not had time to do much reading lately. However, in my spare time I did recently read the newest book in the Last Chance Detectives book series, Revenge of the Phantom Hot Rod, which I thought was really good! I also recently read What Money Can't Buy, by Michael Sandel, another good book. At some point I will finish reading The Friendly Dickens, by Norrie Epstein which I started a while ago.
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
Stephen P
Hexadecimal teenager
Post by Stephen P »

Recently read the book "Counseling the Hard Cases." Excellent read.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm currently reading The Bookseller's Promise by Beth Wiseman. It is the first book in her Amish Bookstore series/trilogy.
coffeeappreciation
Gold Member
Post by coffeeappreciation »

Convalescence in the Nineteenth-Century Novel by Hosanna Krienke

-- I have a couple weeks before I have to return it to the library...hopefully can finish most of it by then! Makes you really think about what further improvements can look like for recovering patients!
Psst! Hey, you! Yeah, you there! Thanks to everyone who helped hatch my dragon egg! :anxious:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am currently reading Trace of Doubt by DiAnn Mills.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I recently started "Wonder Dogs: True Stories of Extraordinary Assistance Dogs" by Maureen Maurer and it already has me tearing up! The stories so far as incredibly sweet and moving....and I'm not even a dog person.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Trace of Doubt, very good. Up next for me is Count the Nights by Stars by Michelle Shocklee.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm starting "To Disguise the Truth" by Jen Turano. It's the third in her Bleecker Street Inquiry Agency series. I found the first two books okay but not amazing...but I like to read all the books in a series unless it's really bad, and I already bought it, so I might as well read it. I might take a break and not buy her next books.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Count the Night by Stars, wonderful story. Up next for me is Roots of Wood and Stone by Amanda Wen. First time reading this author.
Bananareader
Gold Member
Post by Bananareader »

I am currently reading Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished A Dance in Donegal, wonderful story. Up next for me is Nothing Short of Wondrous by Regina Scott, it is the second book in her American Wonders Collection.
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

Reading Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson, The Bible, Disability, and the Church by Amos Yong, and The Autobiography of Theodore Roosevelt by Theodore Roosevelt.

ImageImageImageImage
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Nothing Short of Wondrous, excellent story. Up next for me is When the Meadow Blooms by Ann H. Gabhart.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I started "Claiming Her Legacy" by Linda Goodnight. It's good so far.