Backyard ballistics

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Omega
Gold Member

Backyard ballistics

Post by Omega »

Hey has any one read the book Backyard Ballistics? I have, and I really liked it. If you have read it have you made any of the projects, with out losing any body parts? ;) Unfortunately I have not made any of the projects my self. :( But if you have you can post a picture it and tell if it works well. :)
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Never read it, but in similar vein, I do have one of these.

It's way too fun. I should put up some video footage of it being used.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

i haven't read the book, but my brother did make a potato gun once, it was a little different from the potato cannon, but the same concept
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

My brother got that book for Christmas! He hasn't made anything yet, but I hope he does. (People from the TH would probably know my brother: Tim Peterson
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Never heard of the book...and my brother hasn't either. He just makes things that blow up other things from scratch I guess.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Omega
Gold Member

Post by Omega »

Wow no one has read it :shock:, when I first read the book a friend had lent it to me. Thats when I fell in to love with it and whent out and got my own copy. But I also found another book by the same auther named The Art of the Catapult that I that was pretty sweet. So if you are in to building catapults it is the book to read. Hey and the ThunderpipeFX-1 loks pretty cool and you should put up video footage of it being used. :D But if any one eles builds any one of the progects they can put up some pictures or movies.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I will. I've got it on the editing computer now, and just have to compress it.
Omega
Gold Member

Post by Omega »

Me wrote:I will. I've got it on the editing computer now, and just have to compress it.
Sweet, I have to see this! :D
Me
An original

Post by Me »

If you want to see a still frame, check out the post your desktop thread over at Finnemans. It's on page three when I put up a screen shot of my editing computer.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

no never read it
Jack Davis
OK

Post by Jack Davis »

I have never heard of it either
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I have that book. \:D/ I still haven't done anything with it yet. :(

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny