Time spent watching the tube

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Arla
Popsicle kid

Time spent watching the tube

Post by Arla »

How much time do you watch television in a week? I calulated on my time and got six hours.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Considering we don't have a TV, not very much time. But considering that baseball season is starting and that I found BaseballChannel.tv on MLB.com, it's about 12 hours a week. But in the offseason, more like 4 hours. If it's an election year, and baseball is still on, it's about 20 hours a week.
If the baseball season is done, then it's about 5 hours a week.
(Can you tell: I love baseball and politics. ;) )
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

I usually only watch 3-4 hours per week. I don't watch the tube much, as I usually have better things to do with my time. (Unless it's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I love that show! \:D/ )

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Skid
Still standing tall

Post by Skid »

Zero hours.
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

1-3, sometimes.... I only ever watch Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy or the News.
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

I don't have a television so it would be zero for me too. Now if we are discussing time on the internet then that's another story!
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

hm. minimal amount. zero to two hours depending on which week, largely.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Back in 2005 I kept track of how much TV I watched for a year. I watched 687:25:00 :anxious:
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

It depends. I hardly watch any TV during the week (Just 24 on Monday, and The Office on Thursday, sometimes more), but I totally veg out in front of the TV during the weekend. So, probably 2-3 hours during the week, and who knows during the weekend. :p

Sarah
totustuus
Pilgrim

Post by totustuus »

1 hour every week until Heroes starts again next week.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Elizabeth Doyle wrote:Considering we don't have a TV, not very much time. But considering that baseball season is starting and that I found BaseballChannel.tv on MLB.com, it's about 12 hours a week. But in the offseason, more like 4 hours. If it's an election year, and baseball is still on, it's about 20 hours a week.
If the baseball season is done, then it's about 5 hours a week.
(Can you tell: I love baseball and politics. ;) )
*cough* The figures above are not correct. It's more like an hour and a half a day. :anxious:
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

1 hour every Wednesday for Lost :D
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I probably watch around four hours per week.
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

There is usually a tv on somewhere in the house, but I watch very little. The news every morning and generally in the evening. Even when I am watching, I usually have my current book out, as well. I'll guess that I'm in front of the tv, semi-watching, 15 hours a week.
AbbyGB123
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by AbbyGB123 »

we don't have a tv anymore :mecry: but before 7-10 hours a week.
Abigail Grace Brooker
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

totustuus wrote:1 hour every week until Heroes starts again next week.
Yes another heroes fan! \:D/
Lets see I usually watch 2 hours a day (3 on mondays)
1 full hour of scrubs (mon-fri) 5 hrs
1 hour of The Late Late Show (mon-fri) 5hrs
Heroes (mon) 1 hr
American Idol (tuesday and thursday) 2hrs

meh...so its around 11 hours a week.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

A few weeks ago I'd catch an hour or two of Home Improvement, but I just don't have time these days. I probably watch less then 5 hours a week.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Zero hours of tv, two hours of movies and 25 hours of computer?
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I watched an episode of the Jimmy Kimmell show about two weeks ago, and that's about it. For news, I look to the paper and online so the TV doesn't come in handy too often.

Most shows these days are readily available on the network's site for later viewing anyhow. Television as we currently know it seems to be fading into obscurity.
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

I usually don't watch a whole lot of TV anymore with the exception of Heroes on mondays and The Office on Thursdays.
Scientific progress goes BOINK!
Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.