Girls, you must come here!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Did you go to it? Did you join?

Yes to the first question. No to the second.
38%
No to the first and no to the second.
25%
Yes to the first and yes to the second.
19%
I'm a boy, so I didn't go.
19%

Total votes: 16

Nikki Nae
29K to go!

Girls, you must come here!

Post by Nikki Nae »

Follow the link I have after my signature. It lead to my forum I've made. I've got quite a bit down already, and I'd love you have you join. Oh yeah, its for GIRLS ONLY! If a boy decides to enter, I can easily ban you, since I am the Admin. Please join, girls! I know it will be fun! I'm going onto another forum and inviting girls, so it may become popular! Hope to see you there!
-Nikki Nae

http://92.freebb.com/nikkinae/nikkinae.html
-True friends will tell you the truth even at the risk of you leaving them. They will risk making you mad in order to love you.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

Banning someone because of their gender? Makes me think of segregation, but in a different sense.

Oh, and I'm also wondering: Why is there "no-boys-allowed" rule outlined in the section explaining the rules? Just a question . . . :-s
Everything written in this post is false.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

It's not so unusual, there is a girl's board and a boy's board that several members here are apart of.

Sounds neat, Nikki Nae, I hope it does well! \:D/
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

I'm not saying it's unusual; I'm saying that I'm against it. However, I'll leave those feelings reserved.

My main question is: Why is there nothing on the site forbidding those of the male gender? A boy could join the website because someone told him about it but did not specify that boys would be banned.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

I know on the NSP, which is the all-girls board, they discuss issue that deal exclusively with girls.

Certain things aren't meant for mixed company. I don't think she's trying to be rude or denigrate the entire male species. She's saying she's created an all-girls forum and would prefer boys not join.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Yes, I realize that, which is why I'm leaving my feelings reserved. My main reason for being here is my question about why no rule is specified.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Regardless... it is extremely easy to fabricate an identity online. It is correspondingly extremely difficult to ensure that someone is male or female.

And as pointed out, there already exists an established 'girls forum'...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Nikki Nae
29K to go!

Post by Nikki Nae »

Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:Banning someone because of their gender? Makes me think of segregation, but in a different sense.

Oh, and I'm also wondering: Why is there "no-boys-allowed" rule outlined in the section explaining the rules? Just a question . . . :-s
Banning boys because I prefer not to have them there because we will be talking about girl things, not guys. I like to talk mostly to girls because we have more in common, not that I hold anything against guys.

I forgot about that rule. I had to go eat so I finished it quickly. Sorry about that.

Why is this bothering you so much? :-s
-True friends will tell you the truth even at the risk of you leaving them. They will risk making you mad in order to love you.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Repeating my statement: I am leaving my feelings reserved.

The only reason that I was posting here was to ask why no rule was stated. I'm against unwritten rules, also.
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:...I'm saying that I'm against it...
You're a funny kid :)

It's just that they want to have a private forum where they can talk about hair, nails, clothes, Stuffed Animals, Orlando Bloom, Myself, how they walk and other girly things. So who cares... Or do you not want to miss out on all that fun?

-Robo
Tyrell
No way I broke the window

Post by Tyrell »

This is an outrage!!

;)

Personaly I think it's a good idea...
~S~
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Robo wrote:
Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:...I'm saying that I'm against it...
You're a funny kid :)

It's just that they want to have a private forum where they can talk about hair, nails, clothes, Stuffed Animals, Orlando Bloom, Myself, how they walk and other girly things. So who cares... Or do you not want to miss out on all that fun?

-Robo
This doesn't mean anything to the topic, but the only reason I even know who Orlando Bloom is is because of one of my girl friends.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I agree with waluigi, you should write a rule.

I'd also agree with sonuna, it's not to hard to say you're a girl online.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Lord_Kappa wrote:I agree with waluigi, you should write a rule.

I'd also agree with sonuna, it's not to hard to say you're a girl online.
Well, she did write a rule. So, there's no need to worry about that anymore.

I agree, it's easy to say that you're a girl online, but why exactly would guys want to read or post about that stuff? What would it really matter to them?

Sarah
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Robo wrote: It's just that they want to have a private forum where they can talk about hair, nails, clothes, Stuffed Animals, Orlando Bloom, Myself, how they walk and other girly things. So who cares... Or do you not want to miss out on all that fun?

-Robo
How did you know that girl's boards only exist so we can talk about you? :shock: Somebody told! *glares at potential suspects* You know who you are, Darcie! :x
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

*rushes to join!!* \:D/ \:D/
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

the oddity of pink is that after a while one's eyes become so indoctrinated by it that normal white looks abnormal...

(as far as I know, you don't have to join, Top. guests have posted. and you can view forums without registering. not that I'm encouraging you to not join, but ...)
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Catspaw wrote:How did you know that girl's boards only exist so we can talk about you? :shock: Somebody told! *glares at potential suspects* You know who you are, Darcie! :x
Ssh!! :-$ :x

It seems to me that there was talk of ToO boys on a certain other girls forum... :-k
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

Darcie wrote:
Catspaw wrote:How did you know that girl's boards only exist so we can talk about you? :shock: Somebody told! *glares at potential suspects* You know who you are, Darcie! :x
Ssh!! :-$ :x

It seems to me that there was talk of ToO boys on a certain other girls forum... :-k
Oh awesome. I was just guessing! Was I on the list? Just Kidding... I knew \:D/

-Robo
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

The Top Crusader wrote:*rushes to join!!* \:D/ \:D/
very disturbing :boohoo: