Classical Music Composers

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Classical Music Composers

Post by actinglove299 »

Who is your favorite composer?

Mozart!! Beethoven is really good to.
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

I love Bach's Jesu, Joy of Man's Desire. Vivaldi, Brahams, Mozart, Beethoven, and Aaron Copland's Appalachian Spring.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

my favorite composers are Mozart, Vivaldi, Tchaikovsky (Sp?), Bach, and Benjamen Britten.
bravoleader
Not as new

Post by bravoleader »

My favorite composer is Johann Sebastian Bach
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

John Williams, Howard Shore, Harry Gregson-Williams.

I love Handel's "Messiah".
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

At the moment I'm really appreciating Debussy's preludes. I've been studying book 1 no5 "The Hills of Anacapri" this term and really love how much he makes the piano sound like a full orchestra.

Overall though, I think Rachmaninoff may be my favorite. His ingenious melodies layered atop his thick, rich chords have placed his works among my favorites for years. One of my favorite pieces ever is Op3 no1, his Elegie in E-flat minor... It's hauntingly beautiful. *Listens to the 5 Browns rendition of the song*
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I don't really have a FAVORITE, although I do enjoy Bach. I mostly like individual pieces of music...but I'm never sure who composed them. :-
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

Harry Gregson-Williams.
Beethoven.. although, I admit, I'm not a big classical fan..
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

Lord_Kappa wrote:John Williams, Howard Shore, Harry Gregson-Williams.

Totally! Lord_Kappa! Their Awsome!
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I absolutely adore the Baroque period. Telemann, Vivaldi, Bach, Couperin, Scarlatti, Handel, Byrd, Purcell, Corelli...any of them float my boat. :D
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

hmm. I mostly go by what songs I enjoy PLAYING more than hearing...though, if I enjoy playing them, I enjoy listening to them... :- anyway, I'll get to the point now. I love, love, love Vivaldi and since I just finished learning La Folia I like Corelli, too. I love the Four Seasons and Vivaldi wrote some of my favorite violin concertos. I haven't played any in a while, sadly. Also....wait....Beethoven wrote Moonlight Sonata, correct? we got a CD of Beethoven piano sonatas because my sister was learning one for a recital...yes, I definately love those.

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Lulu the Paw
29K to go!

Post by Lulu the Paw »

Movie score composers! \:D/ Lord_Kappa, you are a man after my own heart! Hmm...I think I might start a favorite soundtrack thread. :-k

Chopin, Brahms, and Gershwin. I like the Romantic style better than straight Classical. Baroque, with some exceptions, is at the bottom of the pile. It's too unemotional for me.
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.
-C.S. Lewis
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Again, Harry Gregson-Williams, John Williams, and Howard Shore. :)

I do also enjoy Tchaikovsky, Gershwin (though, I wouldn't exactly call him classical), Gustav Holst (the planets!), Mancini (again, not exactly 'classical'..), Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Liszt....
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

Lulu the Paw wrote:

Movie score composers! \:D/ Lord_Kappa, you are a man after my own heart! Hmm...I think I might start a favorite soundtrack thread. :-k

Chopin, Brahms, and Gershwin. I like the Romantic style better than straight Classical. Baroque, with some exceptions, is at the bottom of the pile. It's too unemotional for me.
Such as Narnia and etc? Yes, go start a soundtrack thread :)
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, and The Chronicles of Narnia; the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, respectively. ^

I found a very little known classical composer by the name of John Fields. He wrote some of the first and (in my opinion) finest nocturns. :D
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

Beethoven all the way =D> \:D/ !

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

Vivaldi and Bach, beautiful. *tears up* Burgmuller is also my favorite composers music to play on the piano.

RR
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Little Einsteins (on Disney Channel) uses all (what we generically call) classical music. I since have a newfound appreciation for Dvořák and Grieg. I've also always liked Vivaldi and Saint-Saëns.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Oh, don't get me started. ;)

My "favourite" composers are always changing. I don't really prefer one over the other, but my tastes in music are constantly changing, so I'll tend to listen to one over another at certain points in time. I'm a bit of a late-romantic myself, and tend to shy away from baroque.

I'd say the composers that I listen to most frequently include Rachmaninoff, Debussy, Liszt, Chopin, Verdi, Vivaldi and Mozart.

To get obnoxiously detailed, I prefer Vladimir Horowitz, Arcadi Volodos and George Gershwin as pianists.

Finally, in the modern category, I have to applaud composers such as Philip Glass, Howard Shore, John Williams and Danny Elfman (though his music can sometimes become a bit repetitive). Nevertheless, though talented, I must note that this genre of music should probably be kept in a distinct category from what we traditionally recognize as "classical."
to His glory
Fourscore and seven

Post by to His glory »

I love classical music :worship: OK my favorite composers are, Bach(because I sang in his house), Mozart (because he started out so young), Beethoven (because he was deaf and still wrote music), Britain (because he wrote some of the best, but hardest music I have ever sung in my life), Burgmuller ( because his music is just great), Copland (because he was different), and Mendelson (because I sang in his house).
1 peter 3:15