Prayer Meeting Thread

An on-going prayer meeting

Share your prayer requests here.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Ack. >_< I'll definitely pray for you, Rachael and gimp. I can relate to both of you to varying extents. (And gimp, I've been through the whole wisdom teeth ordeal. It's such a relief afterwards to have all four cumbersome teeth out!)
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Rachael wrote:Thanks for the reassurance, Jon. My wisdom teeth are having some 'issues' trying to come through because my mouth is so packed as it is, and the dentist already told me I'm going to need the ones on the bottom out if they do try to poke up. :-( But I rather like yogurt and ice cream!
The problem with mine is that they will never come through the gumline......the little pesky things are perfectly content to continue growing perfectly horizonatally into the molars in front of them underneath the gums.......as I said, already distroying one of the molars......and if the other three begin touching the other three molars, they'll be distroyed as well.

*likes yougurt and ice cream too*

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

Thanks for the encouragement and prayers, Jonathan! I do love yogurt and ice cream. Funny that Gimp and I are getting this done around the same time. I only need the four teeth out, though, fortunately.

And for those of you who prayed way back when about my interview, thank you . . . I totally thought I'd bombed it, but today I heard I was accepted! So I'm moving to Japan this August to teach English!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Latest fanfiction: Parting Words.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Joni_Slade wrote:And for those of you who prayed way back when about my interview, thank you . . . I totally thought I'd bombed it, but today I heard I was accepted! So I'm moving to Japan this August to teach English!
How exciting! \:D/
Tyrell

Post by Tyrell »

Please pray for me I've been pretty sick and my mom made me go to the doctor and he ruled out that I have a problem with my large intestine and it might turn from bad to really bad at least say my doctor..
Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.
Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.
Last edited by Tyrell on Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~S~
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

P_K wrote:Please pray for me I've been pretty sick and my mom made me go to the doctor and he ruled out that I have a problem with my large intestine and it might turn from bad to really bad at least say my doctor..
We will most DEFINATELY pray for you, P_k.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

I'll be praying, P_K. :)

If you all could pray for my mother dearest... She's been sick for a few weeks now. Not really sure what is wrong, but she's visiting the doctor today.

Thank you.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Praise report: The Lord willing, our church is going to be in the new building for Easter! Hallelujah!!!!!!!! \:D/ Thanks to everyone who prayed.

Another praise report: Thanks for praying for my foot, too. I have now been completely off crutches since Sunday! :D

Prayer request: Like a few other users, I'm about to get some wisdom teeth extracted (on Thursday). Please pray about that for me. :pray:

P_K, I'll definitely pray for you to be better.

CA, I'll pray your mom is all right.

--Kris Doyle
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Kris Doyle wrote:
Prayer request: Like a few other users, I'm about to get some wisdom teeth extracted (on Thursday). Please pray about that for me. :pray:
Now talk about community! We all get sick at the same time, and we even all have teeth extracted at the same time........anywho.....let me know how it goes since by Thursday I'll be starting to freak out and by Friday I'll most likely going insane.....esp since I heard that this dentist dosen't use IV sedation or anything, just local........which is REALLY freaking me out. I was OK with it when I thought I'd be knocked out the whole time and wake up after it was over.
Joni_Slade wrote: I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled this Tuesday and am starting to freak out from all the consent forms I have to sign that go into excruciating detail about complications that could happen. So if anyone could just help me pray it would go smoothly and I'd calm down about it, that'd be great :)
yeah. To find out if there's anyting I should / shouldn't do before the sugery, I googled "before oral surgery" and found all kinds of things aobut "possible" complications..........I really didn't need to see that. I'll definately be praying that you calm down and that everything goes well.....especially since I can relate.......this week is going by way faster than I want it to.

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

Chandler wrote:How exciting!
Yeah, I am so psyched! And grateful for the opportunity.

P_K and CA, how scary for both of you :( You'll be in my prayers.
gimp80995 wrote:Now talk about community! We all get sick at the same time, and we even all have teeth extracted at the same time
Yeah, that's really incredible! Well, thank you so much for your prayers--I had mine out this morning, and it went so much better than I expected! I fortuntately was knocked out . . . it's like one minute somebody pinched my arm and the next, they were handing me my glasses and ushering me onto a wheelchair and out the door. And then my brain woke up a few minutes later. But I've talked to a lot of people who were awake for it, and they got through it all right, Gimp. You'll definitely be in my prayers, though; that must be so nerve-wracking right now.
gimp80995 wrote:and found all kinds of things aobut "possible" complications..........I really didn't need to see that
Oh, I know :-| There's still so much that could go wrong even after the procedure. But right now I'm feeling so much better than I thought I'd be, Praise the Lord! I hope that for you and Kris and Rachael (if you get them done) it's just as pain-free as it's been for me.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Relatively minor request, but it can't hurt to ask, right? (I also posted this on the NSP, if it looks familiar to anyone)

I haven't been able to sleep much at all lately, and I've been sick lately. Now it's almost 4:30, time for me to get off the internet and go take a shower to get ready to go to work. :-( I just feel like I could use some of God's strength to get through this day.

Thanks!
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Joni_Slade wrote:
Chandler wrote:How exciting!
Yeah, I am so psyched! And grateful for the opportunity.
*hopes that Joni_Slade was being sarcastic*
Joni_Slade wrote:
gimp80995 wrote:Now talk about community! We all get sick at the same time, and we even all have teeth extracted at the same time
Yeah, that's really incredible! Well, thank you so much for your prayers--I had mine out this morning, and it went so much better than I expected! I fortuntately was knocked out . . . it's like one minute somebody pinched my arm and the next, they were handing me my glasses and ushering me onto a wheelchair and out the door. And then my brain woke up a few minutes later. But I've talked to a lot of people who were awake for it, and they got through it all right, Gimp. You'll definitely be in my prayers, though; that must be so nerve-wracking right now.
I still wish they'd just knock me out for it. I've got everything prepared so that I'll go to a friends house (they'll drive, of course), and just crash there until I'm up to driving.....but I suppose I'll survive if they don't knock me out for it. It's kinda nerve-wracking (and I'm sure I'll be worse by Friday afternoon / evening).......but I've learned I don't think about it as long as I take the pain meds when I'm suppose to rather than when I need to (I generally hold off on pain medications of any kind.....even tylenol or asprin until I absolutely have to take it..........but taking the stupid pill every 4 hrs like clock work not only means I am not experiencing any pain........it's also keeping me rather mellowed out and calm) ***mental note to self: make sure you take the pain pill about 20 mins before walking into the dentist office on Saturday afternoon***
Joni_Slade wrote:
gimp80995 wrote:and found all kinds of things aobut "possible" complications..........I really didn't need to see that
Oh, I know :-| There's still so much that could go wrong even after the procedure. But right now I'm feeling so much better than I thought I'd be, Praise the Lord! I hope that for you and Kris and Rachael (if you get them done) it's just as pain-free as it's been for me.
Joni_Slade wrote:There's still so much that could go wrong even after the procedure.
gimp80995 wrote:I really didn't need to see that
Joni_Slade wrote:I hope that for you and Kris and Rachael (if you get them done) it's just as pain-free as it's been for me.
I hope so as well :yes: :yes: :yes: Though the biggest reason I wanted to be knocked out is the time factor.....either completely asleep or *forgets the name of the pill* where you can be in the chair for an hour or so and it feels like 10 minutes, but you're awake for the entire thing........either one would be fine with me.

Oh well, I'll know how everything went (for me anyway) sometime Saturday afternoon.......who knows, maybe they just don't automatically knock patients out, but would if I request it.

Peace Out

-Gimp

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Chandler wrote:
Joni_Slade wrote:And for those of you who prayed way back when about my interview, thank you . . . I totally thought I'd bombed it, but today I heard I was accepted! So I'm moving to Japan this August to teach English!
How exciting! \:D/
^ Perhaps reading this in its full context might help you realize that Chandler was sincerely congratulating Joni, who was genuinely excited. ;)
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

^Yeah, I definitely was not saying that I'm psyched about having my wisdom teeth out :)
gimp80995 wrote:but taking the stupid pill every 4 hrs like clock work not only means I am not experiencing any pain........it's also keeping me rather mellowed out and calm)
Good!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

With under 21 hours to go, I'm beginning to freak out now.......not totally unexpected, but I thought I'd last until a little later this evening before starting to freak out about it.

Peace Out

-Gimp
Last edited by gimp80995 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Jonathan wrote:I just found out one of my best friends is literally on her deathbed; please pray for her, her family, and myself.
I posted this exactly two months ago, and thought I'd give an update.

Somehow (by the grace of God I'm sure) she pulled through. She's been doing good again, but the diagnosis is grim (and the doctors won't tell us how long she's got). But she's saying it's a win-win situation; if God doesn't call her home soon she's got more time with friends and family. And if he does, then she'll be in heaven with Jesus.

Hearing her talk like that is a great comfort to me (she's stronger then I am in some ways), but I'd still appreciate prayer for her and everyone involved.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Jonathan wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I just found out one of my best friends is literally on her deathbed; please pray for her, her family, and myself.
I posted this exactly two months ago, and thought I'd give an update.

Somehow (by the grace of God I'm sure) she pulled through. She's been doing good again, but the diagnosis is grim (and the doctors won't tell us how long she's got). But she's saying it's a win-win situation; if God doesn't call her home soon she's got more time with friends and family. And if he does, then she'll be in heaven with Jesus.

Hearing her talk like that is a great comfort to me (she's stronger then I am in some ways), but I'd still appreciate prayer for her and everyone involved.
It's good to hear she's doing good and has a good attitude. I'll be praying.

Peace Out

-Gimp
gimp80995 wrote:With under 21 hours to go, I'm beginning to freak out now.......not totally unexpected, but I thought I'd last until a little later this evening before starting to freak out about it.

Peace Out

-Gimp
Well, it's done. Only three teeth had to come out (the two upper wisdom teeth and the destroyed molar). The surgeon says the bottom ones don't have to come out anytime soon.

In quite a bit of pain right now (the novacaine lasted just long enough for them to get the teeth removed), but with pain pills I should go curl up on the couch and watch TV for most of the rest of the day.

Peace Out

-Gimp

Edit - double post combined - Catspaw

Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

I hope you get to feeling better soon. :anxious: I'll be praying for you.
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

Jonathan wrote:But she's saying it's a win-win situation
How awesome . . . that must take a lot of strength. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Gimp, I hope your pain pills kick in and I'm glad the surgery is over and done with, at least :) Getting through that seems to be the worst part.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

I posted this on the Girls' Forum, but since not all of you are girls, I'll post it here, too. ;-)

My mom has me on a really radical protein and whole grain diet-- I'm not eating any sugar until Wednesday, when I'll start eating fruit sugar in moderation. I'm not consuming any caffeine at all for at least two months, and I'm drastically limiting the amount of processed foods, simple carbs, and fats I eat. As you may know, I've already eliminated meat from my diet. We're hopeful this will improve my condition, but I'd appreciate your prayers nonetheless.

-Rachael