Prayer Meeting Thread

An on-going prayer meeting

Share your prayer requests here.
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Rae:
I think you've got a great analogy...and I agree with Kris. The chair thing may help...but also remember, God wants to hear from your deepest most inner self...so scream, yell, get angry, upset...Shout to the mountains how you don't understand something, or you feel completely lost and out of control...

Jonathan:
I may not know what you are needing prayer for...but God does...and he will act. Just remember, you might not get the answer you want to hear...and you may not get a response when you want it...but God always responds, and always at the right time.

James

Isn't it great, when He's 4 days late (coming to see Lazarus)...He's still on time.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Got another one; the Director of the City Band here that I play in just emailed us; the husband of one of our members suddenly died, so I'd appreciate prayer for her too.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I'm really worried about Chandler. :-( She's been really sick lately, and hasn't been able to get to the computer much.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Rachael wrote:I'm really worried about Chandler. :-( She's been really sick lately, and hasn't been able to get to the computer much.
I wondered why I hadn't heard from her...

*Worried*

I'll be praying...
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

She PMed me and told me a bit about what she's been going through... I don't think it's overly personal, but she hasn't given me permission to talk about it yet. :-( Just pray that she recovers quickly.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

:(

I am going to be taking the AP English Exam tomorrow morning. :( So pray for clearity of mind and a good nights sleep.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Tomorrow afternoon at 2 o'clock, the health inspector is coming to look at our kitchen. I have to have it approved before I can get my business license.

Needless to say, I am cleaning every nook and cranny, even where she might not look. :D I'm quite nervous...

So if you think about it, I would appreciate your prayers. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

My workplace never seems to make a good grade. :-( But then we have some buggies that will not go away no matter how many times we bomb, which I'm sure you don't have... just remember, don't store food on the floor! XD
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

I'm going through some personal stuff that I don't really have anyone I can talk to anymore (which is one of the problems). I'd appreciate prayer in the next few weeks.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

If you all could pray, a friend of mine called a few hours ago while I was on the way home, her grandfather just passed away. I know her parents and grandma will be going through a rough time, I'm sure they'd appreciate prayers. As well, if you could pray this doesn't make my friend go "numb," I'd appreciate it. She's dealt with death a lot in her life and I just worry about her...

Thank you.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Can you all pray for my parents? They and someone else that I can't exactly say are meeting today, and it may be a decisive meeting regarding our future at this church.

If you could pray, that'd be great. :)
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Wow, I hope God helps them make the right decision, Sarai. Remember, there could be good things either way. :-)

I'm sick right now... It's the same thing I've been battling, but it's causing me more trouble than usual right now. :-( I just feel really blah-y today. I even went for a walk and everything (although I did eat a little bit of sugar... a couple of bites of donut and ice cream. :-(). And I have to get through Computer Class somehow. So, yeah... prayer would be nice.

And I've got to take the ACT... and I've been failing miserably on the practice tests! Maybe I should cave and take the SAT.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Thanks for posting the request, Rachael, and thank you for respecting my privacy. :)

I've been through a lot--a lot more than anyone knows--but by God's grace I'm doing better and I'm going to be okay. Thanks for all your prayers. :grouphug:
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

](*,) Two words:

SAT

~and~

ACT

~~~

I hate them both! *wails* SAT doesn't give me enough time for the math and some of the questions are really confusing, but ACT's English portion kills me... and since I'm much stronger in English than math, I'm thinking I should take the SAT. :-( And anyways, SAT's math is easier than ACT's. I'm just so stressed out right now. I have like a month to study (but I'm working and taking my other college classes, so I don't have too much time to spare), plus I've got to try to get Financial Aid somehow... I just feel so overwhelmed right now! At least I'm not sick anymore-- I can kind of deal with this. Kind of.

Also, my dad and step-mom are really upset that I'm giving up my in-state scholarship to go to this school (they're not really walking with the Lord right now and haven't ever been overly close with Him, so they just don't understand when I tell them I feel like God wants me to go to this school). We had a big 'discussion' about it Friday afternoon, and my dad forced me to look at all these websites for schools in my state.

I finally had to stand up for myself (I was still respectful, of course) and tell him that I had made my decision and was not going to change my mind, although if he wanted me to look at the websites I would. That was really, really hard for me, because my dad is like... Regis Blackgaard personified (only take away the shady background and make him an electrician with 6 kids... yeah). I love him dearly, but he can be really controlling sometimes and is full of paradoxes... like, he always made me feel like I wouldn't be good enough unless I did well in school and went to a really prestigious college. Now I'm going to a really prestigious college, and he's upset because I'm not going to a cheap community college (not that there's anything wrong with community colleges, but he's the one didn't want me to go to one originally). My mom and I even looked at some of the schools he wanted me to go to, and it's going to be cheaper for me to go to the college without the scholarship than to the one with, when all is said and done.

I'm just so frustrated. I've always tried to do exactly as my dad says, but I've reached the point where I just can't without disobeying God. This past weekend I've realized just how much my relationship to him is like Rachael's relationship to Regis. And I must say, it was rather unnerving. I always thought I was different than her, but I realize that I've been blindly submissive to my father like Rachael Blackgaard is to her husband. And in making the decision to stand up for myself, I feel like I've been ostracized from that part of my family... my dad barely spoke to me after I told him that no matter where I went he would be unhappy with me. :-( And I think it's because he knew it was true. He hated the idea of me going to nursing school until he found out I was going to 'real college', and then he hated that idea.

Sorry this has gotten so long; I guess I could just really use prayer right now.

got to go-- Dad just pulled up.
-Rachael
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I'm praying for you, Rachael. :pray: :hug:
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Please pray for me as I'm finishing up school for the year. I only have 3 subjects left, (I'm homeschooled) but the subject I'm working on right now is History, and I get easily sidetracked. :( So please pray that I would stay focused. I'm behind in these subjects too, so it takes a bit longer. :( And I'm running out of time. My last day is May 18th.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Heh, you could pray that I finish up school for this year too. Also, for the past week(it started on my birthday :( ) I've had a very stuffed up nose, and I've been blowing it all week.. So anyway, pray that I won't have to suffer like this.. (It's REALLY annoying..)
...I hate marquees.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

I'm praying for you guys.

Please pray for me. One of our dogs is really, really sick. We basically only have two options.
Op. 1: We could put her in for surgery and hope it does some good.
Op. 2: *Sniff* :huh: :sniff: We could put her down.
It's going to be so, so hard on my little sister if we choose option 2, as it is basically her dog. If the dog was old and weary, I wouldn't feel so uncomfortable about option 2, but she's only three months old. I keep seeing her big eyes and the way she looks up at us...
:waaah: WAAAHHHHH!!!!
Please pray for my family and I. We have some tough decisions to make.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Wow. That's definitely a hard decision. I prayed for you.
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Haystack...we had a 7 months old kitten we had to have put down...so I know what you are going through.

It is not an easy decision...but when considering your options, think of the long-term results/consequences...

And my prayers are with you.