BRACES!!!!!!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

BRACES!!!!!!

Post by Candy »

Hey Guess What?

I GOT BRACES!!!

They're AWESOME!

Who here has them?
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I used to have them, but I definitely wouldn't call them awesome :anxious:
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I agree, they are not awesome. Good means to an end though.

And I'd repeat the list of stuff I had to go through, but I'm sure you all have heard it enough times ;)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

...Yeah...erm.

I still have mine and...well they aren't too awesome.
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

Yeah i have them too and man do they hurt after you go to the orthodontists office. They are so rough there and they pull and poke everything in my mouth!
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

ok, now they're starting to hurt. :mecry:
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Candy Loveperson wrote:ok, now they're starting to hurt. :mecry:
It's not over yet, gets worse before it gets better, but better will come eventually. :D

Eat some chicken soup.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Mincy
Smile for the camera

Post by Mincy »

I'm going for my first trip to the orthodontists in March. I hope I don't have to get braces :sick:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I had braces for around 5 years... and rather hated it. :noway:

Seven years after getting them off, I still have apparently permanent grooves cut into the inside of my cheeks from the braces wire. :(
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Battle scars... Tough stuff. I've never had braces and hopefully I'll never need them.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

The Top Crusader wrote:I had braces for around 5 years... and rather hated it. :noway:

Seven years after getting them off, I still have apparently permanent grooves cut into the inside of my cheeks from the braces wire. :(
5 years!!! Why so long?? The normal is two years! And yes the wires poke and i i have spots where it hurts even though the wire isn't touching!
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

The Top Crusader wrote:I had braces for around 5 years... and rather hated it. :noway:

Top, I feel your pain. 7 years here. You could use enough wax for a candle factory and it still wouldn't help an errant wire, sometimes. :(

I'm so adverse to having any dental work whatsoever done as I'm rather afraid they're going to decide to put all 10 pounds of metal back in my mouth.

(NB: They have plastic braces now, and other fancy inventions, don't they?)
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

Yes, I have braces. And they aren't exactly the best things ever to say the least. Along with that, I was paired with oral surgery. But right now isn't the best time to ask if I like them or not, because I just went to ortho yesterday, and I can't eat anything, and they didn't cut the wire enough, so I have these sharp things poking in to my gums. Anybody got any advise for things like that?
*returns*
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I have braces.. I can't wait for them to be gone! They don't hurt normally, and I've never had to use wax. I've had them for quite a while now.
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Conniepaw wrote:

5 years!!! Why so long?? The normal is two years! And yes the wires poke and i i have spots where it hurts even though the wire isn't touching!
I had braces and such for 5 years too. But if you think that's bad, ask Jonathan to tell you about his braces. Now, that's a depressing story. :boohoo:

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Katherine Doyle wrote:Yes, I have braces. And they aren't exactly the best things ever to say the least. Along with that, I was paired with oral surgery. But right now isn't the best time to ask if I like them or not, because I just went to ortho yesterday, and I can't eat anything, and they didn't cut the wire enough, so I have these sharp things poking in to my gums. Anybody got any advise for things like that?
If it's really bad, call 'em. They should be able to cut them back so it doesn't hurt and still gets the job done.

Have you had your surgery yet?

edit-
Macnut wrote:I had braces and such for 5 years too. But if you think that's bad, ask Jonathan to tell you about his braces. Now, that's a depressing story. :boohoo:
Case in point for what I said in my last sentence in my other post.
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

Jonathan wrote:
Have you had your surgery yet?
Yeah, last year on the first day of summer vacation.

I had a tooth that just wasn't ever in the right place. It started with the baby tooth having a root that wouldn't dissolve. So they pulled it out. Then the tooth that was growing in knocked in to some other teeth and made them very very crooked. So they went in to my mouth, exposed the tooth, then put a bracket on it. I went to the ortho and they engaged it with a stretchy string. Now, my mouth is almost back to normal.

It went pretty well, the surgeon predicted me to be back to normal in a few days. My sister had a birthday party that night and I was able to be with them and nobody was able to tell that I had just been under anesthesia.
*returns*
Skid
Still standing tall

Post by Skid »

I'm supposed to get braces within the year, you guys really shouldn't be telling horror stories right now. :noway:

Anyway, I don't quite get the big deal, my teeth may not be straight, but they work fine, and I don't yet think that "fixing them" is worth the estimated thousands of dollars that the dentist wants for the job. So I guess this is where you guys are supposed to give me a long lecture on why straight teeth are more important than the pain and money required to get them. ;)
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

braces are evil :noway: ;)
(in other words I don't like them) :-
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

SkidPaw wrote:I'm supposed to get braces within the year, you guys really shouldn't be telling horror stories right now. :noway:

Anyway, I don't quite get the big deal, my teeth may not be straight, but they work fine, and I don't yet think that "fixing them" is worth the estimated thousands of dollars that the dentist wants for the job. So I guess this is where you guys are supposed to give me a long lecture on why straight teeth are more important than the pain and money required to get them. ;)
we have an Orthodontist that accepts medicade! \:D/

But I wish someone would just do this to my mouth :-# :boohoo:
Image Image