Suggestions for the Town of Odyssey

Post them here

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Bmuntz wrote:I very much like how it is but I look forward to the adding of more things like a ToO stock market. \:D/
That would ROCK! And you could buy stock in the different stores \:D/
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Fenix wrote:Well i think if we have any concerns or wish to give some comments about how things are run we should voice our opinions.

I think there are too many places to post. Kinda confusing.
It is a little confusing. I'm already getting used to it though!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Screech wrote:
Bmuntz wrote:I very much like how it is but I look forward to the adding of more things like a ToO stock market. \:D/
That would ROCK! And you could buy stock in the different stores \:D/
yeah that would, as long as the stock market never crashes.. :-#
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Trust me chaps, I've studied the thirties, you don't want a stock market.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:I think we should be rewarded for proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation, but that's just me. ;)
Amen! Fortunately, I haven't seen too much internet lingo or l337 around the ToO. =D>

I recognize Shadowpaw will be adding contests, stories, and mysteries gradually (my goodness, the ToO just opened on Friday!), but I'd like to see contests from the various Odyssey characters. Whit, David Harley, Bart, Jason, and the like . . .
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I find it interesting that the folks who were involved in the planning stages have no complaints ;)

-Jonathan
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Indeed. ;)
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

That's the way it should be though, shouldn't it? 8-[
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Not at all. [-(
Last edited by The Top Crusader on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crosskritters
Fourscore and seven

Post by crosskritters »

I think that we need a place to spicificly talk @b current events. Another idea is if ppl want to write short stories, allow them to sell them in Holstien's Books. A bank would be good too. So if one wanted store money for a spisific cause (eg a mayoral campeign) one could do so and others could donate to that account instead of the person in general. Another idea is a Odessey Times where ppl can submit articals and get payed then you could get a subscription or a one time issue.

--Kat

ps I don't mind you disecting my post.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

crosskritters wrote:I think that we need a place to spicificly talk @b current events. Another idea is if ppl want to write short stories, allow them to sell them in Holstien's Books. A bank would be good too. So if one wanted store money for a spisific cause (eg a mayoral campeign) one could do so and others could donate to that account instead of the person in general. Another idea is a Odessey Times where ppl can submit articals and get payed then you could get a subscription or a one time issue.

--Kat

ps I don't mind you disecting my post.
You are able to sell short stories if you open up a shop in Crestwood Avenue. While I wouldn't mind putting them in Holstein's, it would be inefficient as the money would come to the bank of the ToO and then I would need to send it to you... having your own store you can control prices and receive the money immediately.

In the planning stages I also wanted to create a board to discuss board events... this will probably come soon enough, but there aren't any board events right now and I wanted people to get familiar with the core 8 boards. I too was worried there were far too many, especially after the complaints at the TH, but I think once people memorize what each section of the board is about, it's a lot easier to navigate and some people won't bother visiting certain boards at all (such as Gower's Field).

A bank and stock market may be coming down the line. There was a bank while we tested the board, just to see if it worked... but it doesn't work quite the way a normal bank does. You can store money in there and get interest... and they pay a fee when you withdraw. So the more money you have in there the better. People aren't able to donate directly into the account... but a member would be able to donate to a mayoral candidate and then the mayoral candidate could move the money into his bank account. The stock market was never part of the testing, as I didn't think people would be interested in that... but I will see about doing it down the line.

New content will continue to be added to keep things different and fresh around here... ther'es a ton already to do, and I consider this the "bare bones" Town of Odyssey. And please, if there is any ideas anyone else has, continue to share them. If it's possible to do and I think it's a good idea, I'll see how hard it would be to implement.
crosskritters
Fourscore and seven

Post by crosskritters »

As I re-read my post I realized it sounded a bit negative. I would like to say though that I love ToO. Aside from being good as it is, it seems very expandable and is "all things to all ppl"

--Kat
Me
An original

Post by Me »

It would be interesting if we could view our financial history. For example, on April 1: +$25 from posts, +$50 donated by Whit, -$5 on greasly chips, etc. It would be nice to know exactly where our money came from, and where we have spent it.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I really like Me's idea! It would be way better to see accounts of our money and stuff. Or is there already something that would tell us that if we knew where to look?
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Aha. I thought this was the same money mod as Ptendo once used, and I was right! ...I think. Anyhow. I n the request for a bank addon.

Some mods exist which add on a "spoiler" tag, which sets background color and text color to black--highlight to read. I think this would be a good idea... and for that matter I wish someone would add it to the TH.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

While the idea of a bank is a nice one, I don't expect anything to come of it right now. We had one on the first planning board and within a week 6 accounts had exploded to 20 billion dollars, and that's just in the bank. We also had several billion out of the bank as well.

-Jonathan
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Haha, I set interest in the bank at 2% for every 60 seconds or something absurd like that. So we all had massive bank accounts in a very short time... I could easily modify that though and make it something much more realistic.

And Sonuna, I'll look into the spoiler tag thing. That could be useful.
crosskritters
Fourscore and seven

Post by crosskritters »

Me wrote:It would be interesting if we could view our financial history. For example, on April 1: +$25 from posts, +$50 donated by Whit, -$5 on greasly chips, etc. It would be nice to know exactly where our money came from, and where we have spent it.
That's a great idea. Instead of just having money randomly appearing. It would also help when selling services to other users.

--Kat
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Exellent Ideas, Sonuna!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Eugene Kendall wrote:A bank mod would be nice
I think I bank to put your money into would be nice.