Rex Stout's Nero Wolf

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Arla
Popsicle kid

Rex Stout's Nero Wolf

Post by Arla »

Are there any Nero Wolf followers out there? I loved the series they played on A&E but it got canceled. I still read the books. My favorite is The Doorbell Rang. :detective: The chemistry between Nero Wolf and Archie Goodwin is hilarious!
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I can't say that I've seen too many of the A&E episodes (no cable TV), but I have read a number of books. I'm sort of on the line between annoyance and satisfaction with the series, but "The Golden Spiders" was a good book. I've also heard a few short-story episodes in audio format, but I'm not sure how those factor into the series.

In any event, Stout writes good plots and his storylines and characters are at least decently entertaining. I'd just prefer a few other authors before I'd pick up one of his books. Though Wolfe is, undoubtedly, a brilliant mind, his slothfulness is a little too close to Doyle's Mycroft, methinks.