Does anyone Not have a Ipod?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Arla
Popsicle kid

Does anyone Not have a Ipod?

Post by Arla »

I do not posses a Ipod. The only thing that I know about it is that it stores a lot of music. I see even six year olds with then on. The reason I don't have one is because I use a walkman. Yes, a walkman. For the younger generation that is a small rectangle that you can hook on your jeans and plays cassest tapes. I feel that the world is all savy and I still back here rewinding tapes? Anyone else out there? HEllO?
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Don't worry. You are not alone. I have no intention of ever getting an Ipod. :)
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

I don't possess an ipod. Because I don't usually go out anyways... except for sport type activity, but then the use of an ipod would really be useless. At home, I use my laptop. Which is better than an ipod imo since I don't move around that much.
**crez go to sonuna
uz: MELF WILL YOU MARRY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?
mirkwoodelf: I DONT KNOW I HAS OTHER PROPOSALSES.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

I don't have an iPod, but I do have an mp3 player which is becoming increasingly outdated... I plan to get a more portable one soon, one that I don't need to necessarily burn CD's to utilize.

Cassettes are nice, yes, but they wear out easily and CD's are pretty much replacing them. Same with mp3's.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Inspector Lestrade wrote:Don't worry. You are not alone. I have no intention of ever getting an Ipod. :)

Same here. Unless I get a car that doesn't have a tape deck and I don't have many AIO cd's; then I'll temporarily get one b/c they sure do make those five hour car trips (one way) that I often take just fly by.
I see even six year olds with then on.
Scary, that is, I think. Our society is becoming just a tad bit too much dependent on tech stuff that isn't always necessary.
I feel that the world is all savy and I still back here rewinding tapes? Anyone else out there?
I still use tapes, though not as much as a year or two ago.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I don't have an iPod, but I was considering obtaining a mini from projectRED because the cause seems good.
... because I usually have either a laptop or an mp3cd player ...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Don't have one, don't have the intention of getting one, and rather proud of that fact. ;)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Skid
Still standing tall

Post by Skid »

I don't have one, I'm never away from my computer long enough to feel that an Ipod would be useful.
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

I have one! I love it. :inlove:

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I don't have one, either. :( The majority of my AIO collection is on cassette tape. :-
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'd take one for free but I wouldn't get one at the amount they cost. :noway:
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I don't have one, and I shant have one as far as it depends on me actually wanting one.

Modern culture has become dependant on noise to surround them constantly, I don't think it's healthy for either conversation or ears.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I have one. I love it too. \:D/
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I don't have one. \:D/ I don't think I really need one my laptop does everything that an Ipod can do anyways. \:D/
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Inspector Lestrade wrote:Don't worry. You are not alone. I have no intention of ever getting an Ipod. :)
Me either. I'm not very technologically advanced. Besides, my cds and tapes work just fine!
Love is stronger than death.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I don't have an iPod- and I'll probably never get one. They are extremely over-rated. For example..... *cough* somebody I know just got a Nano- and they are really excited! They are like "I got an iPod Nano! How awesome is that? iPods are the best you can get!"- then- I ask---"How many gigs does it have?" then- she answers, "Two!!!!!".

:roll:

Seriously- she payed almost as much as I did for my 30GB Creative Zen M- for her tacky little 2GB iPod Nano.... :noway:
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

lol...

I admit it.. I have an Ipod. granted, it's a 4 gig Nano, but it keeps me sane. I also have a laptop, which is great for limewire and replacing the songs I grow tired of.

I'm a bit of a music/noise person. Which in some cases isn't a bad thing, it helps ease the homesickness and the boredom.
Konservative Kid wrote:For the younger generation that is a small rectangle that you can hook on your jeans and plays cassest tapes.
Exactly what age bracket do you fall into anyway? :-s
Last edited by Aram on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I don't personally have an iPod (my son does), but I do have an mp3 player. I never use it, for various reasons.

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Macpaw wrote:I have one! I love it. :inlove:
Same here. :D I would be lost without mine, which is very sad I know.
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

The only reason i would want one is to put my AIO collection on it so i don't have to haul the Cd's around.