Movies that make you cry.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Arla
Popsicle kid

Movies that make you cry.

Post by Arla »

Apologies to guys if this is too girly. :mecry: I'm not a really weepy person, but no matter what mood I'm in I always start crying at the end of Return of the King. Just wondered what made everyone else tear up.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

The Jannette Oke based series produced by Micheal Landon... like Love Comes Softly and Loves Long Journey. Some of the Little House on the Praire Episodes make me cry too.
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

I came plenty close when watching The Pursuit of Happyness. Oh man, the ending is a real tear jerker. ;)
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I cried when Godzilla died in Godzilla, King of the Monsters when I was a kid. :(
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Probably the closest I've ever gotten to crying in a movie was the first time seeing Saving Private Ryan. Note I said, closest. ;) I can't remember ever crying after/during a movie.
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

Does Bambi count??(TOTALLY KIDDING THERE!) I don't really remember crying , maybe the movie West Side Story when the Jets gang leader(Russ Tamblyn) dies but i didn't cry....... I just felt like it. *sniff sniff* :sniff:
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Forrest Gump always gets me... even just the anticipation of the sad stuff way before Jenny even dies. :anxious:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

In Braveheart, when he's on the table getting his insides taken out... and you know how it'll end...

But I don't think I've ever cried during a movie, I hold back the tears. ;)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I rarely all-out cry in movies, but the number of movies that I tear up in has gone up significantly the last few years :anxious: The only one that always stands out, however, is Captains Courageous (the one with Spencer Tracy). That's the only movie I can remember where I was sobbing my heart out (or as close as I've ever been to doing so), but I know there are others where my eyes do more than water... ;)
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

The Fox and the Hound. Oh, and The End of the Spear. Those are the only ones. I may get teary eyed for other movies, but only the first time I watch them. These two make me cry every time.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

The Pursuit of Happyness and We Are Marshall both got extremely close :anxious:
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

actinglove299 wrote:The Jannette Oke based series produced by Micheal Landon... like Love Comes Softly and Loves Long Journey. Some of the Little House on the Praire Episodes make me cry too.
Me too. Love comes softly made my eyes tear and that never happens.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

When I say that I cry during movies, it's mostly tears and my lips quivering - not all out bawling or anything, haha.

My sister and I cried when we went to see Lilo and Stitch... *blush* I don't even remember what we cried over!

Let's see... I also cried during Pride and Prejudice (the 2005 version), and Stepmom.

I'm sure there were others, but I can't think of them right now.

Sarah
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Well, I don't usually cry, but I do get a lump in my throat!
The one that made me cry: The end of the Iron Giant
The one that gave me a lump in the throat: The Last Sin-Eater
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I teared up in K-19. Just the way those guys did their jobs for some reason teared me up. \:D/

I think that's the only movie I've even come close to crying in.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

The end of FotR made me cry. Then again, the end of any of the LotR movies make me feel rather emotional... I always get sad whenever I watch Star Wars: Episode III, Anakin's March.

The last movie I've teared up while watching? I can't even remember. I haven't watched LotR in about a year and a half.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Elizabeth Paw wrote:Well, I don't usually cry, but I do get a lump in my throat!
The one that made me cry: The end of the Iron Giant
The one that gave me a lump in the throat: The Last Sin-Eater
I have to agree with you about the iron giant. That was sad.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

A few years ago, my friends convinced me to watch "A Walk to Remember" whereupon they all promply began [openly] crying. On the whole, it was an unnecessarily awkward situation.

Though, objectively, the plot was rather depressing there are some benefits to be gained from being completely lacking in empathy. ;)
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Sherlock Holmes wrote:A few years ago, my friends convinced me to watch "A Walk to Remember" whereupon they all promply began [openly] crying. On the whole, it was an unnecessarily awkward situation.

Though, objectively, the plot was rather depressing there are some benefits to be gained from being completely lacking in empathy. ;)
:hilarious: I started laughing out loud at your first line and your second line just carried the humor over. My brother is now making fun of me. :hilarious:

So you've never cried during any movie?
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Lord_Kappa wrote:So you've never cried during any movie?[/color]

Given the circumstances, are you sure the appropriate question here isn't, "Have you ever cried?" ;)